Driving Motorbike To Bkk. Any Experiences?

cathy211

You can put the motorbike on the bus.

Go to North Pattaya bus station and get a coach. They put the bike in the baggage hold.

Not sure which buses do this, but the yellow bus to Roi-Et does it.

Pretty sure you cannot ride on the motorway or elevated highways so I would guess atleast 2.5hrs to do it by scooter depending on destination in BKK.

That's right, you would need to take Sukhumvit all the way - quite a trek on a small bike.

i believe Thailand post provides the service for around 1000-2000 baht, another alternative is hiring a pick up 2000 baht.

Sure you can ride it yourself, but accounting for stops, gas etc i would estimate 3-4 hours.

Also i do not fancy being your buttlaugh.png ,mine starts to hurt after 30 min riding, i definitely would not even try 2-3 hour ride

i believe Thailand post provides the service for around 1000-2000 baht, another alternative is hiring a pick up 2000 baht.

Sure you can ride it yourself, but accounting for stops, gas etc i would estimate 3-4 hours.

Also i do not fancy being your buttlaugh.png ,mine starts to hurt after 30 min riding, i definitely would not even try 2-3 hour ride

I agree. 30 minutes on a scooter is about it for my butt. I don't know how people come up with 2 - 2.5 hours. It takes that long on the freeway in a bus. I reckon your estimate of 3 - 4 hours along Sukhumvit Road would be about right and more to the 4 hour mark.

Hi, I drive my Yamaha Nuovo Elegance back and forth Bangkok/Pattaya/Bangkok regularly. It's pretty simple and generally takes me between 2 1/2 to 3 hours all the way home (near Victory Monument in BKK).

It is correct you cannot ride on any highways, but you can take the new #7 out of Pattaya. It connects with #361 (Chon Buri bypass) till it merges with 34 all the way to Bangkok. Or you can use Route 3 through Chon Buri and connect with 34.

One more option is going up 34 till it veers off onto the old Route 3. It's a longer ride, but much less traffic. It goes up to Samut Prakan and eventually to Sukhumvit Road.

Depending on where you're going in Bangkok there are various options. If you'd like specific information, just PM me and I'm happy to help.

By the way, it's not an easy ride, lots of large vehicles and some stretches of the roads are pretty poorly maintained. So go in daylight and just be very careful.

hope that helps,

Seeker

post office and train other options, as seeker 1953 states lots of large vehicles as its routes to leam chabang port and swamppy area for trucks. Lots of debrie on the roads from the trucks, even in the pick up i found it hairy. You can on a bike quite easlily find yourself on a motorway and in trouble with the BIB, one wrong turn on a slip road and bobs your uncle toll booth problems. had one behind me few days ago, alarms flashing lights and security running from every where, scared the poo out of me until i looked in the rear view mirror and saw the bike. Toll booth operators must just hit a button. money money money.

i would check out google maps and mesmorise seekers route suggestions, better still stick it on a bus train or postie.