Mad About Madras! Curry Nights Are Hot News

Flatouthruthefog

I recently sampled a Chicken Madras, found at Rimping and made by the Curry Nights/British Indian people.

It was as good as the best I ever had in my many years as an Indian addict in north London, and pernickety people I know say this range is always above the advertised weight, sometimes well above.

Some folk like it hot and some not. My only reservation is that they label this one as 'medium' when I'd have said 'hot'.

Let's hope I can find a Vindaloo to Vindicate their heat rating - and a Korma to go Krazy about. Keep up the good work folks - I have no connection other than as a very satisfied customer.

(Tried to find an old thread on this, Mods, but it seems to have disappeared).

I find their Madras to be a little on the mild side if I'm honest. There is also Vindaloo in their range which IS hot and also Phaal? (forgive the spelling) which I've heard is about as hot as curry gets. Given this a miss as I know it will be too hot for me.

Strange the difference between hot Thai food which I like and hot Indian which I cannot eat at all.

I find their Madras to be a little on the mild side if I'm honest. There is also Vindaloo in their range which IS hot and also Phaal? (forgive the spelling) which I've heard is about as hot as curry gets. Given this a miss as I know it will be too hot for me.

Strange the difference between hot Thai food which I like and hot Indian which I cannot eat at all.

When you get a real Vindaloo or Phaal, the flavour becomes insignificant.

I Much prefer Sausage Kings and I am also a curry Addict from the Curry capital of the UK Birmingham.

I tried the Curry Nights and was not impressed

DK

You would do because you're a pal of his 5.gif.

Yes I have known Rob since before he started SK however he will be the first to say that I dont beat round the bush and have told him on many occasions when I think a product is under par and he normally has taken note and improved it.

As for Curry nights I tried it because I saw it in Rimping and am always up for trying new stuff so instead of buying SK curry which is why I went to Rimping in the first place I decided to try Curry Nights and Like i said i was NOT IMPRESSED

I also noticed now that there seems to be a war on between the Curry Nights guy and SK and that is GREAT FOR US CUSTOMERS because now its a no brainer cos Sausage King looks like he has dropped his prices and I can get any one of Robs Currys NOW for just 99 Baht. I beleive the Curry nights guy is 169 so that is a big saving and better taste for me personally.

And as for the friend comment seems like Curry Nights has some firends posting too to get him some much needed free advertising on Thai Visa tell him to stop being a cheap ass an pay like everyone else has to if you want to advertise here

DK

I Much prefer Sausage Kings and I am also a curry Addict from the Curry capital of the UK Birmingham.

DK

Yes I have known Rob since before he started SK however he will be the first to say that I dont beat round the bush and have told him on many occasions when I think a product is under par and he normally has taken note and improved it.

As for Curry nights I tried it because I saw it in Rimping and am always up for trying new stuff so instead of buying SK curry which is why I went to Rimping in the first place I decided to try Curry Nights and Like i said i was NOT IMPRESSED

I also noticed now that there seems to be a war on between the Curry Nights guy and SK and that is GREAT FOR US CUSTOMERS because now its a no brainer cos Sausage King looks like he has dropped his prices and I can get any one of Robs Currys NOW for just 99 Baht. I beleive the Curry nights guy is 169 so that is a big saving and better taste for me personally.

And as for the friend comment seems like Curry Nights has some firends posting too to get him some much needed free advertising on Thai Visa tell him to stop being a cheap ass an pay like everyone else has to if you want to advertise here

DK

DK I have bought curries from Rob personally and from Curry Nights more recently

Robs is a nice guy, have met him a few times, but hands down I prefer curry nights much better for quality..

Unlike you I guess I dont buy on price, I buy on quality.

DK

DK

DK I have bought curries from Rob personally and from Curry Nights more recently

Robs is a nice guy, have met him a few times, but hands down I prefer curry nights much better for quality..

Unlike you I guess I dont buy on price, I buy on quality.

Like I said before and you are obviously a bit slow to have missed it biggrin.png I buy on price and quality and SK has BOTH right now BEST PRICE AND BEST QUALITY in my own personal opinion

If you prefer the other geezer thats fine by me, you have your own taste buds which in this case are a bit lacking, wink.png but its all good you have the right to like the other guys curry just as I have to prefer SK's currys biggrin.png

DK

Edited by DiamondKing

A post quoting a PM has been removed. Quoting PMs publicly in the forum is strictly against the forum rules.

20) Not to post personal messages from other members, whether in full or in part

If anyone has a problem with the contents of a PM then use the report button.

• Like 1