Public Ignorant On Charter, Thai Poll Finds

webfact

I'd like them to poll the public on how many are ignorant of the proposed changes to the Constitution.

While the Constitution is freely available for reading and understanding:

http://www.asianlii....nst/2007/1.html

I'm not aware of any line by line description of what specific changes the Red Shirts and Pheu Thai Party want to make to it.

yet you automatically oppose it.

The only automatic is your stating something that is not stated.

In favor of or opposed to positions are waiting for them to publish what they want to change.

yeah right, like you've not outlined an opposition to this before...

maybe it's just the pad and the dems that automatically oppose it then, eh...

I'd like to see that outline you mention.

I do think many people might oppose changing something if the people proposing the changes don't express what they are...other than "we need to change it".

I do think many people might oppose changing something if the people proposing the changes don't express what they are...other than "we need to change it".

unless i'm reading this wrong, i think this post should suffice as being opposed to it.

unless i'm reading this wrong, i think this post should suffice as being opposed to it.

:D a mocking and facetious hypothetical is some outline.

If they do try and remove the checks and balances from the constitution, I would oppose that, but as far as I know, that hasn't been proposed by them.

Perhaps if they could clearly delineate precisely what they want to change, I could provide a specific stance on each by article by article change.

http://www.thaivisa....50#entry5234090

biggrin.png a mocking and facetious hypothetical is some outline.

If they do try and remove the checks and balances from the constitution, I would oppose that, but as far as I know, that hasn't been proposed by them.

Perhaps if they could clearly delineate precisely what they want to change, I could provide a specific stance on each by article by article change.

so you don't oppose the idea of constitution change, fair enough then.

http://www.thaivisa....50#entry5234090

biggrin.png a mocking and facetious hypothetical is some outline.

so you don't oppose the idea of constitution change, fair enough then.

Nobody opposes constitutional change if it's for the good of the country.

The PTP is too scared to present the changes itself so it is attempting to put a committee in place to do its dirty work.