9 Million Baht Car Stolen From North Pattaya Hotel Car-Park

Rimmer

9 Million Baht car stolen from North Pattaya Hotel car-park

PATTAYA:--A 9 Million Baht car belonging to the Son of the former Navy Commander-in-Chief was stolen from the car park of a North Pattaya Hotel in the early hours of Sunday.

The owner of the brand new Nissan GTR, Khun Tidipan aged 28, had returned to the Hotel after spending the evening at a local Thai Pub and saw that his car had gone. He went straight to Pattaya Police Station to report the theft and did mention to Police that he had left the key in the ignition.

Security at the Hotel did mention seeing a man approach the car and without appearing to act in a suspicious manner, he entered the car and drove off. Police are now investigating the case and will attempt to locate the stolen vehicle. They will also send a report of the incident to Khun Tidipan’s Insurance Company

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/57765/9-million-baht-car-stolen-north-pattaya-hotel-car-park/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-06-25

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Those rich parents young Thai's are born with a silver spoon up their arse and gets anything they point at but I bet his father is not a happy trooper right now he-he. Forgot to take the keys and lock the car is outright stupid, maybe the insurance will refuse to pay and sonny boy already reported to the police about the forgotten keys, oh well.

I doubt it is easily visible from the outside that the key is still in the ignition,unless you really have a look for it.

The fact that someone entered the car without acting suspicious indicates that he was well informed that the key was inserted.

• Like 1

Instead of criticising...how about some praise...Thais normally do not think in advance like that....so I believe he deserves some credit

But he should have thought in advance that he can't tell the police that the key was inserted as this will void his theft insurrance.

Instead of criticising...how about some praise...Thais normally do not think in advance like that....so I believe he deserves some credit

But he should have thought in advance that he can't tell the police that the key was inserted as this will void his theft insurrance.

Didn't think of that.

Don't you (when your car gets stolen) have to show the two original keys to be able to claim theft insurance ?

Don't you (when your car gets stolen) have to show the two original keys to be able to claim theft insurance ?

Not if you gave a copy key to someone else....just sayin

OK, it's clear that you never scammed an insurance company.You must be a newbie biggrin.png
  • Like 1

OK, it's clear that you never scammed an insurance company.You must be a newbie biggrin.png

I didn't have to as my cars are always in my wife's name ;)

I didn't do it she did biggrin.png

Talk about a high mark-up. I googled Nissan GTR and the starting price is approx 3m Thai baht in The States...

Oh, what an idiot for leaving his keys in the car. I guess he thought that Pattaya was a crime free zone. laugh.png

Import tax at 300 % if they paid that is ! ..But even on one2car a new 2012 plate is around 7-7.5 million thb .. So he must of had 1.5 million of accessory

I doubt it is easily visible from the outside that the key is still in the ignition,unless you really have a look for it.

The fact that someone entered the car without acting suspicious indicates that he was well informed that the key was inserted.

That; Pipo1000, is precisely what I thought !

The other thing I then realized is that I would not want to be in the shoes of the chap who drove-off in this car . . . . . . They will figure it out and when they do; this guy's life will be worth even less than the keys to that car ! ! ! Bet on it !