1995 Honda Nsr 150

bootly66

You should run it on 91benzine only. Gasohol causes nuances with the old 2strokes. My NSR had problems with hoses, some minor carb issues, from the gasohol eating away at the rubber.

Every tuner I've dealt with have told me to never put gasohol into a 2stroke engine.

Edited by kiske

You should run it on 91benzine only. Gasohol causes nuances with the old 2strokes. My NSR had problems with hoses, some minor carb issues, from the gasohol eating away at the rubber.

Every tuner I've dealt with have told me to never put gasohol into a 2stroke engine.

I hear 91 will be stopped this year , that's why i think i might be wasting my money buying an NSR

I hear 91 will be stopped this year , that's why i think i might be wasting my money buying an NSR

What will you use???

If they do finally cease selling 91benz, it will sure enough decimate the 2stroke bikes (what there is left of them at the moment).

Has this been announced, it's the first I've heard of it, I just bought another stroker recently, ha.

I would rather change an odd hose once every second year than having a nice hole in the piston. smile.png

It runs just fine with 95 gasohol.

I've never blew a piston, and my bike is FAR from stock spec and runs a tad lean. I've been running 91b for the past 18months. Every other 2stroke rider I've met runs 91b, when we go on 2strokeclub rides, I've never seen anyone fill up with gasohol.

These bikes were not designed to run gasohol, and as such alot of the components cannot withstand the corrosion.

Yes, the bike will 'run' and will run well - the eth will just eat shit apart from the inside.

I've never blew a piston, and my bike is FAR from stock spec and runs a tad lean. I've been running 91b for the past 18months. Every other 2stroke rider I've met runs 91b, when we go on 2strokeclub rides, I've never seen anyone fill up with gasohol.

These bikes were not designed to run gasohol, and as such alot of the components cannot withstand the corrosion.

Yes, the bike will 'run' and will run well - the eth will just eat shit apart from the inside.

1st October this year... but i can't really see it happening..

gaskets/o-rings/hoses etc.

It also causes problems with autolube, IF you use the lower quality oil (stuff from the gas station) - switching to gasohol pretty much means you have to use fully synthetic oil (which you should use anyway) as the ethanol can get in the way of the lubrication with lower quality oils.

I retract my previous statement of none of my friends use gasohol, as a friend of mine apparently uses e85 in his Kawasaki R1. I'll have to get his opinion.

I'm pretty much running from my own personal experience, which wasn't so great, but that might be limited to the nsr only, as the R1 is a later model and thus the components might have been built with gasohol in mind.

I've got 4 2 stroke bikes and there all run well on benzin 91.

In some older threads ( over 2 years ago) there already was talk about stopping selling benzine 91 but with hundered thousends of older vehicles in this country which can't run on gasohol can't see that really happening. mayby they will reduce the stations where they sell it.

@ kiske, mayby a bit off topic is it this 2 strokeclub your are talking about??

post-143096-0-39754800-1340945166_thumb.

Any events in the near future?? would love to have a look and meet some fellow 2 stroke fans, i checked the website but it's all in Thai.

yea, that's the club Dutchbike.

I was talking to my friend he is running E85 in his Kawa R1 - which is up to 85% eth. He said the bike runs amazing as it's 105octane gas, but he has to replace some internals and hoses very frequently. He is also running the oil-pump, and not premix.

My main concern is running premix with gasohol based petrol, because the alcohol causes problems with the oil (insert some scientific term here) - I scrapped my oil-pump a long time ago, and much prefer to premix.

Anyone have any reason why premix and gasohol is bad, or am I just reading nonsense web posts?

I run 95 or 91 benzine in my NSR, but if they don't have benzine no worries. It runs fine, but I DO use synthetic oil in the auto-lube. The gas lines, gaskets & o-rings made for at least ten years now are ethanol-tolerant, so again no worries unless your carb hasnt been rebuilt in ten years :] If you choose to run benzine and cant find 95, buy 91 and add octane booster. On-track, it rocks!

See loads of Thais queueing up at my local ESSO for the 91 benzine pump and none of them run 2 strokes; in fact most of them are newish scooters. So I think there is a general distrust about ethenol based fuels and alot of Thais have been bitten with costly repairs and prefer to spend a bit more baht on quality fuel.

Edited by MaiChai

I ran gasohol in an NSR 150 for 6 months with no adverse effects other than extra vibration do to leaness and it ran a bit hotter.

Mileage is about 25% worse with gasohol and there was a slight power drop.

On an NSR, gasohol really hardens the fuel line from the tank to the carb if its the original grey colored tube. The newer black tubes seem to be less affected by gasohol.

• 4 weeks later...

i hear pp talking about benzine91 ending this year, for like 3 years. sounds like a rumor that get past on every year

certain 2t oil and ethanol will not bond well, affecting lubrication. google out 2 strokers and ethanol, there are alot of theories and stuff. check out thumpertalk, someone did a premix test in soda can, it mix well but apparently it doesnt lubricate the wall as well even by using motul800, 710 and some other higher end 2ts. you could pretty much imagine the lubrication in your crankcase. personally i wouldn't risk it

nsr only need ron91 from the manual, some manual did state 92 but been running on my forever, no pinging issues no nothing. there will be no holes no nothing