Suiting Material In Chiang Mai

dundas

For the last several years i have organised suits for a friend in the US West Coast. The biggest problem I have had is knowing how to make sense of how the matieral in CM fabric shops is described. If I were to believe what's written,, all suiting fabric sold in Chiang Mai is a wool and cashmere blend, super weight 100 - 150s .... On the other hand, a disarmingly frank sales person in one shop today said - "40% wool, the rest is a mixture of rayon and cotton, no-one sells pure wool nowadays, it's too hot and too expensive to look after." The specific complaint I've had back from my US friend is that his new wool/cashmere suits haves had polyester in them, and that they don't breathe and are too hot to wear. So ... any recommendations for a specific trustworthy shop?

Try Chiangmai Inter Fabric Ltd. Kad Luang or Kad Warorot 2-4-6 Charoenprated Rd.., Changklan Talk to the owner, nice Thai-Indian guy

Thanks - Those guys are pleasant enough and have a good choice, but this is where I've bought just about all my previous suiting fabric.