How To Stay More Than 3 Months?

I am going to apply for a tourist visa for 60+30 days, and I was wondering about the possibility of doing a visa run once the 90 days is up. Can I then take a flight to another country and back and get 30 more days? I've read something about 90 days per 180 days but I am not sure about this.

Alternatively, could I possibly apply for another tourist visa once the 90 days are up? And would I have to go to another country then as well?

Hello...you can apply for a double entry tourist visa, then it will not be any problem to stay more than 3 months, you have to do a border-run after 90 days the you will have another 60 days.

I hope this info at some help.

Bengt.

Thank you, but as I understand it a visa has to be used within 90 days, and both entries. If I apply in Norway for a double entry visa, that will have to be done some time before I travel. Then I can use the first entry of course, but I won't be able to use the second because it will be more than 90 days since the embassy here gave me a visa approval.

Another issue that comes to mind is plane tickets. I mean, I actually have to buy the tickets to apply for a visa. Scary if the visa does not get approved and I have bought the ticket already. I don't know if I can get a booking without paying anything.

Also wondering if I have to buy a return ticket within 90 days, then change it later with the airline.

Thank you, but as I understand it a visa has to be used within 90 days, and both entries. If I apply in Norway for a double entry visa, that will have to be done some time before I travel. Then I can use the first entry of course, but I won't be able to use the second because it will be more than 90 days since the embassy here gave me a visa approval.

Another issue that comes to mind is plane tickets. I mean, I actually have to buy the tickets to apply for a visa. Scary if the visa does not get approved and I have bought the ticket already. I don't know if I can get a booking without paying anything.

Also wondering if I have to buy a return ticket within 90 days, then change it later with the airline.

How long do you want to stay in thailand?

Your double or even triple entry visa starts from the day you arrive in Thailand

so for example you ask for a double entry

you receice 60 days then you can get an extension for another 30 days cost 1990 baht

you then have to leave Thailand come back in the same day

another 60 days get another 30 day extension cost 1990 baht

so a total of 180 days

if you have a triple you just go out after the 2nd extendsion finishes

come back the next day or even same day

60 days then apply for a 30 day extension when finished

so in fact you can get 270 days in total on 1 visa application

that is on a uk passport

if a double like i said 180 dAYS

There is no restriction on the amount of time you can stay in Thailand so yes you can exit and return for a new visa exempt or visa entry.

Extensions of stay cost 1,900 baht (always).

Visa starts from day of issue by Consulate (the permission to stay starts on entry). But a two entry visa obtained just prior to departure would allow normal 60 day plus 30 day extension - you would just have to leave a day or two early to return for the second entry (prior to 90 days from date of visa issue). And that second entry could also be extended 30 days.

There is no restriction on the amount of time you can stay in Thailand so yes you can exit and return for a new visa exempt or visa entry.

Extensions of stay cost 1,900 baht (always).

Visa starts from day of issue by Consulate (the permission to stay starts on entry). But a two entry visa obtained just prior to departure would allow normal 60 day plus 30 day extension - you would just have to leave a day or two early to return for the second entry (prior to 90 days from date of visa issue). And that second entry could also be extended 30 days.

this is correct and what i was trying to say

only thing i would add is after the final extension then you have to leave Thailand and try to get another visa.

Getting a double entry or triple entry is getting more difficult if you have had these previously.I am talking about getting a visa from neighbouring countries.

off course you can just fly back and get the 30 days on entry Without visa

or same 15 days at mae sai if yer in the North

both the above options become tiring as well as expensive

• Like 1

Thanks for the information guys. I am actually thinking about the education visa now. Is it really as simple as registering with a language school and you get the visa?

I will of course attend the course as well, getting my money's worth and learn some Thai.

Then I just have to find out if Turkish Airlines tickets are as easy to change as Qatar Airways tickets. I was looking at both and they had a price difference of about 5k THB. I flew with Qatar Airways last time but their prices have gone up a little, at least when paying with Norwegian kroner.

I am planning to buy a 90 day ticket with return trip and just change the return flight if I get the ED visa.

Registration gets you nothing but paperwork to allow issue of an education visa. You will have to obtain that (from outside Thailand in most cases) and you will have to visit immigration every 90 days to report address; and in most cases, obtain new 90 day extensions of stay for a new fee of 1,900 baht each time.