Bangkok Police Test X-Ray Van In Ratchada, Catch Nobody

webfact

Hope they let pregnant women out of the vehicle first.

And potential future fathers. A good thing is, that it will have a positive effect on the overpopulation in Bangkok.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I cant believe they caught noone such law abiding citizens, they aught to move it to a more productive area. At a cost of 26 million thats a lot of dog food for a guaranteed positive result.A bizarre approach to drug and weapon detection now I know why thais avoid using knives to eat with, they knew this was going to happen.

police found that the X-rays on four test vans

I wouldn't volunteer to operate that that contraption. We all get enough radiation from the sun, just look at hospital staff in the x-ray area. They work behind a lead shielded concrete wall. blink.png

Watch out for irradiated police. laugh.png

BiBs that glow in the dark! Wow, Amazing Miracle Thailand !!cheesy.gif

• Like 1

cheesy.gif Ha Ha ha , wonder how much they spent for these contraptions, looks like they got their monies worth. I can see it now, forget weapons, check out those tits, whaooo what legs, great toot, come on boys get back to work, quit playing with these new fangled toys, do you job properly. clap2.gif Edited by PingManDan

Am I the only one who read the article?

It said

"but that was probably due to the fact that they had given advance notice about the checkpoints"

I find it normal for TVers to whine and laugh at things here I do it myself but at least I read the article and realize I am in Thailand not some Western country.

Am I the only one who read the article?

It said

"but that was probably due to the fact that they had given advance notice about the checkpoints"

I find it normal for TVers to whine and laugh at things here I do it myself but at least I read the article and realize I am in Thailand not some Western country.

Keep yet lead-lined pants on man

One of the disadvantages of the 'lowest bid' requirements for capital purchases. wink.png

I was stopped the other night at a police checkpoint and the copper made me count from 1-5 ( just counting not blowing) whilst he held a box shaped device with a plastic tube near my mouth ( not even in it)to see if I was over the limit. Luckily for him it flashed green as I've have about 3 alcoholic units per year here the last one being a single malt at Songkran..

Edited by mca

There are far too many instances around the world, including the USA, Britain and France, where X-ray systems and CAT systems in hospitals and other uses emitted far higher rad levels than needed to due to poor calibration, manually overriding trip mechanisms, poor equipment training, etc. It happens and the companies that manufacture the stuff are not in a position to see how the equipment is used and, more importantly, by whom. There is a reason European Union countries use radio wave-based and not X-ray based scanners at their airports. As for the comment "this wouldn't fly in the USA", well guess again as vehicle X-ray scanners have been deployed for use at border crossings without consent.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31921_3-57358146-281/dhs-x-ray-scanners-could-be-cancer-risk-to-border-crossers/

Plain and simple low doses of X-ray radiation, over time and repeated often enough, cause physical harm. Imagine someone using this route everyday to and from work, or school children buses.

If this idiotic system were to go nationwide, Thailand will see a spike in thyroid-based cancers and other maladies. Gee, maybe that's the plan - kill drug and gun runners with cancer.

I can see this being useful at roadside checks near borders or where they think shipments may go to detect large shipments or shipments concealed in bodywork etc. I think a few tabs of E would be difficult to locate and this kind of catch is what would be most likely it was used. I still worry about its safety and think it should not be used with people in the vehicle.

I can see this being useful at roadside checks near borders or where they think shipments may go to detect large shipments or shipments concealed in bodywork etc. I think a few tabs of E would be difficult to locate and this kind of catch is what would be most likely it was used. I still worry about its safety and think it should not be used with people in the vehicle.

Believe in the US that is where it is primarily used, border checks.

How much green tea can a man drink in 1 day? Polution comes out the AC, flashes of heavey thundering X-ray load up your metalic car. This is since fiction man cheesy.gif

What's next? Sit naked on a long glass dildo that can scan ID, DNA, ,Criminal Record, lies and all kind of drugs at once.

safety first guys.

There are far too many instances around the world, including the USA, Britain and France, where X-ray systems and CAT systems in hospitals and other uses emitted far higher rad levels than needed to due to poor calibration, manually overriding trip mechanisms, poor equipment training, etc. It happens and the companies that manufacture the stuff are not in a position to see how the equipment is used and, more importantly, by whom. There is a reason European Union countries use radio wave-based and not X-ray based scanners at their airports. As for the comment "this wouldn't fly in the USA", well guess again as vehicle X-ray scanners have been deployed for use at border crossings without consent.

http://news.cnet.com...order-crossers/

Plain and simple low doses of X-ray radiation, over time and repeated often enough, cause physical harm. Imagine someone using this route everyday to and from work, or school children buses.

If this idiotic system were to go nationwide, Thailand will see a spike in thyroid-based cancers and other maladies. Gee, maybe that's the plan - kill drug and gun runners with cancer.

This is what happens when it goes wrong...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qus0Fufodiw#t=539s

I'm by no means an expert but I am fairly certain this is nonsense -

Quote :

The vehicles can scan cars within five feet – either while driving by or while parked and letting cars pass. The rays scatter back to a detector in the van and a full picture of the interior of a scanned car is shown, just like a medical X-ray.

Unquote :

Medical X-rays do not "scatter back" - they pass through an object and imprint on sensitive Media on the other side - for example a photo-sensitive Film Plate or perhaps equivalent Computer Software.

In other words the vehicle would have to pass between an emitter and a receiver to record anything in the vehicle.

Perhaps his system is being marketed by the same people who provided the totally useless Bomb Detector equipment which cost Thailand about Baht 900,000 per unit?

Patrick

Many Massage Ladys are being paid to go Abroad...Friend of mine just pulled a 3 month stint in Korea where she made much more money then here....I predict there will be a shortage on Massage ladys in the future....

As I wouldn't trust the BIB to be able to operate a microwave oven properly to warm their donuts, the thought that they are operating something like this is scary.

Edited by mrtoad

As for the comment "this wouldn't fly in the USA", well guess again as vehicle X-ray scanners have been deployed for use at border crossings without consent.

Yes, but that is totally different situation. It's not like they set up an X-ray scanner on the busiest street in Los Angeles or New York to scan every single car.

• Like 1

How's the saying go?

There's the right way and the Thai way.

The right way: The golden rule

The Thai way: Pay a large sum for a broken machine with almost no practical usefulness even under the best circumstances and then irradiate passing citizens.

Actually there is a better article online in the bee pee

Seems they did pick up a lot more than nothing - hundreds of guns, loads of drugs etc.

It says that searches "assisted by" the scanners turned up material. No report of the scanners' performance without the manual searches, tho.

police found that the X-rays on four test vans

I wouldn't volunteer to operate that that contraption. We all get enough radiation from the sun, just look at hospital staff in the x-ray area. They work behind a lead shielded concrete wall. blink.png

Watch out for irradiated police. laugh.png

I’ve seen glowing reports, literally.

Believe in the US that is where it is primarily used, border checks.

The ICE uses a fixed transmitter/receiver pair on opposite sides of a truck passing through the exit point at shipping points and border crossings. The tractor drives through at a slow speed and isn't scanned, just the trailer. With this type of scanner is not recommended to be in the beam when it scanss, but this isn't a back scatter machine.

Vehicles (cars, light trucks and vans) suspected of drugs (often with the use of dogs) are manually searched.

Using back scatter through a vehicle and measuring what's inside scares me with how much radiation is required. A thermal scanner would be more useful, person portable and would find some hidden stuff in plain sight. If this van can scan into interior "hidden" cavities, then the people in side are going to get a big dose.

There is a small penetrating radar set for use on walls to see objects or people inside is available. It's a bit bigger than a laptop in size, but much thicker. It protects the user by putting the transmitter against the wall, and measures the back scatter in the room. Still, I wouldn't be happy with the radiation potential.

Am I the only one concerned about the BiB operating an X-Ray machine to scan passing vehicles, presumably without getting anyone's consent, or even warning them about the dangers associated with being X-rayed?

This wouldn't fly in the US. If people where getting x-rayed without consent then they would be suing for millions!!!

It is an US company, presumably they have a domestic market. They claim that you get less of a dose from this machine than from 2 minutes in an airliner. The legalities in the US and here in the UK would be interesting, but I would not be surprised to find out they are in use in the US and almost certainly will be in use in the UK for the Olympics.

Am I the only one concerned about the BiB operating an X-Ray machine to scan passing vehicles, presumably without getting anyone's consent, or even warning them about the dangers associated with being X-rayed?

This wouldn't fly in the US. If people where getting x-rayed without consent then they would be suing for millions!!!

It is an US company, presumably they have a domestic market. They claim that you get less of a dose from this machine than from 2 minutes in an airliner. The legalities in the US and here in the UK would be interesting, but I would not be surprised to find out they are in use in the US and almost certainly will be in use in the UK for the Olympics.

One would hope they were there for the Olympics. There is a certain religion which advocates violence against innocent people. they have caused deaths in the past.

do'nt they x-ray ppl @ the airports in the US ? , im not saying they do, just asking cos i thought they did .