Heading Back To Blighty.

Have to leave this green and pleasant land for a while, Skype is not good enough at times. Not sure when I will be back again but I can't see me not stepping foot on the fair isle od Samui again in 2 months. My need to go to the UK is for lagal reasons but it is not that which will drive me, it's my wish to return which will.

Keep the home fires burning guys (in a non sexist manner)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have to leave this green and pleasant land for a while, Skype is not good enough at times. Not sure when I will be back again but I can't see me not stepping foot on the fair isle od Samui again in 2 months. My need to go to the UK is for lagal reasons but it is not that which will drive me, it's my wish to return which will.

Translation: I am going back to the UK not just for legal reasons, but because I wish to, and I am leaving because of the unreliability of Skype, but I will be back in two months.

That's right, isn't it?

is the legal reason that u are in contract to enter the olympics.

I might put a couple of quid on him...look....he's still training now.

He's a shoe in for the marathon! biggrin.png

has he leftby foot with a tourch ?)

Translation: I am going back to the UK not just for legal reasons, but because I wish to, and I am leaving because of the unreliability of Skype, but I will be back in two months.

That's right, isn't it?

lol

Back in one piece. Safe trip though given I was not the pitot there would be nothing I could do anyway.

Got a bottle of Sang Som to bring back with me but have to up to the 4th floor to get it. 360 Baht the robbers.

Got upgraded to business class on the USM-BKK flight. All you really get is the same (same) except a bigger seat which I thought was worse than in stowage.

Edited by notmyself

• 1 month later...

Back in one piece. Safe trip though given I was not the pitot there would be nothing I could do anyway.

Got a bottle of Sang Som to bring back with me but have to up to the 4th floor to get it. 360 Baht the robbers.

Got upgraded to business class on the USM-BKK flight. All you really get is the same (same) except a bigger seat which I thought was worse than in stowage.

The trick is to imagine you are at Nikki beach. Plant the even more stupid 1500 Baht surcharge in your mind and try to drink away the pain.

Don't suppose that works for an upgrade though.....

• Like 1

Have a good time....thumbsup.gif make sure when you come back you are yourself .... everyday! biggrin.pngtongue.png

I have been away and am still away but I have reached a point where I can set a date to return. Nice feeling, nice price and after a quick jaunt to Aus/NZ after new year I should have enough milage for an Emirates silver card.

Have a good time....thumbsup.gif make sure when you come back you are yourself .... everyday! biggrin.pngtongue.png

I have been away and am still away but I have reached a point where I can set a date to return. Nice feeling, nice price and after a quick jaunt to Aus/NZ after new year I should have enough milage for an Emirates silver card.

welcome back!

Exciting times indeed!

So what sandwich do you think BigC ordered?

Exciting times indeed!

It's so exciting i can hardly stand it biggrin.pngrolleyes.gif

Big C probably ordered a sandwich with Chrunchie bar filling.... hmmm hmmm good! biggrin.pngsick.gif

• Like 1

An Emirates silver card now the world is your oyster, now you can board first whilst those who board the very last get to see where all the empty seats are. Edited by marstons

Exciting times indeed!

It's so exciting i can hardly stand it biggrin.pngrolleyes.gif

Big C probably ordered a sandwich with Chrunchie bar filling.... hmmm hmmm good! biggrin.pngsick.gif

If he brings back a few crunchies maybe he'll get a free drink at BigC's new bar! :D

What'c Big had on his sandwich had to do with notmyself's topic? Wasn't there another topic about businesses & that included the sandwich? I am so confused, back to making crumpets.

• Like 1

What'c Big had on his sandwich had to do with notmyself's topic? Wasn't there another topic about businesses & that included the sandwich? I am so confused, back to making crumpets.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

boy! .... you're getting a lot of crumpet lately, ....tongue.pngbiggrin.png

Perhaps Notmyselftoday, will bring you some real English crumpet, when he returns.... if you ask nicely!!! whistling.gif

An Emirates silver card now the world is your oyster, now you can board first whilst those who board the very last get to see where all the empty seats are.

Board first anyway as I use the wheelchair assistance option, never have to queue at check in/ passport control or immigration anywhere and checked in luggage (very rarely have any) is priority so will be first on the belt. You also get put into a VIP lounge during transfer if the gate is not open. As a slight aside, while Thailand cannot be considered a wheel chair friendly country, its airports offer the finest service.

£670 quid with Emirates. See you soon old dear and pleasant land.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xnxi6rGEjQ

£670 BKK / LHR with emarates is that return if so who did you book with

Thanks mate

It's actually MAN-USM return and I used lastminute.com. Emirates have told me to fill in the flight details into my membership and I will still be awarded the milage. Fly out Tue/Wed and return Wed/Thur to get the best prices.

Edited by notmyself