Heading Back To Blighty.

Perhaps Notmyselftoday, will bring you some real English crumpet, when he returns.... if you ask nicely!!! whistling.gif

Not a problem. I'm going to have check in luggage for a change as I'm bringing a huge world atlas back for a friend. I've around 26kg spare if anyone needs something

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps Notmyselftoday, will bring you some real English crumpet, when he returns.... if you ask nicely!!! whistling.gif

Not a problem. I'm going to have check in luggage for a change as I'm bringing a huge world atlas back for a friend. I've around 26kg spare if anyone needs something

Now there is today's question.... !!!!

Let's see : Chrunchie bars for Big C, (well some for me too, I did not see any in Penang last trip)sad.png Dark Chocolate, Tesco has run out again! sad.png

and Rooo wants some Crumpet.... that should leave about 5 kg for everyone else....biggrin.pngtongue.png

• 2 weeks later...

Not that much time left if anyone would like something unusual. Looking in my sister's larder (pantry) I would say her and family will be going into town this weekend for their speciality monthy shop. General stuff if anyone wants it isn't an issue otherwise. So far I have Quavers, Hoola Hoops, cruchies and dark chocolate. Willing to freeze some Danepak bacon or Walls/Richmond sausages for the trip but it will need to be picked up ASAP as doubtless it will start to defrost on the way over.

Not bringing it back for my Molly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTH6nrD0ars

• 2 weeks later...

Last chance guys and gals. Asda Saturday to get mushrooms for the beef wellington I'm making Sunday so if anyone wants something they (Asda) don't have, tough luck. Started to get cold here so I'm not going out unless I have to.. I don't even own a coat.

• 10 months later...

It's getting to that time again so does anyone want anything?

Thanks for the offer NMS.clap2.gif

For my part and after living in SE Asia for the last 20 years, there is not that much that I miss.wai.gif

Good of you to think of us though. (Stuck out here in inParadise whistling.gif !)

• Like 1

Have to leave this green and pleasant land for a while, Skype is not good enough at times. Not sure when I will be back again but I can't see me not stepping foot on the fair isle od Samui again in 2 months. My need to go to the UK is for lagal reasons but it is not that which will drive me, it's my wish to return which will.

Translation: I am going back to the UK not just for legal reasons, but because I wish to, and I am leaving because of the unreliability of Skype, but I will be back in two months.

That's right, isn't it?

lol

I did kind of wonder myself . . .

Have to leave this green and pleasant land for a while, Skype is not good enough at times. Not sure when I will be back again but I can't see me not stepping foot on the fair isle od Samui again in 2 months. My need to go to the UK is for lagal reasons but it is not that which will drive me, it's my wish to return which will.

Translation: I am going back to the UK not just for legal reasons, but because I wish to, and I am leaving because of the unreliability of Skype, but I will be back in two months.

That's right, isn't it?

lol

I did kind of wonder myself . . .

Why would you dig up a 12 months old post? Perhaps you must keep wondering.

Not last chance by any stretch but thought I'd give it a bump. Quavers are on special at ASDA I think.

I've been eating a fairly rich harvest of fresh Atlantic fish while I've been away and have had the delight of being able to prepare said fish for a good number of people along the way. One of the things I have used most is the oven which is gas fired, love it. Whilst it is true that a bad workman always blames his tools it is also true that a good workman, given the right tools, can do a better job. Give me a gas or wood fired oven any day.

Anyway, just a bump to see if anyone would like me to bring something back.

When you going...and when you coming back mate? There might be something that needs bringing back thumbsup.gif

Left Thai end of June and due to return early September... The 11th at a guess.

When you going...and when you coming back mate? There might be something that needs bringing back thumbsup.gif

Okay...will drop you a PM if it comes off...if not see you in Sept thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

It's one of those boring days and I have nothing better to do than to make your day. I have a friend he said he would like to send me a 1kg package and said the postage was a bit costly, I said this nice guy will coming back to SAMUI soon and if you say the package contain's chocolate's he will most likely help but make he don't look inside.

• Like 1

It's one of those boring days and I have nothing better to do than to make your day. I have a friend he said he would like to send me a 1kg package and said the postage was a bit costly, I said this nice guy will coming back to SAMUI soon and if you say the package contain's chocolate's he will most likely help but make he don't look inside.

Don't eat chocolate mate! Sure thing, I've a kilo to spare with ease though I must insist on being able to examine exactly what I am carrying for obvious reasons. When I am asked, upon checking in, if I packed my bag etc. it is to make sure I'm not carrying anything I shouldn't.

I've 30kg to do what a want with as I only have hand luggage between Thai - UK - Thai. Have an entire wardrobe in the UK along with 2 PCs so hand luggage is all I need to travel from one place to another. I use the 30kg to bring goods from Thailand to the UK in the half arsed thought I can make a profit from it but never do in the end. I've not checked but I can well imagine that I make a NET loss doing so but it makes people smile, good enough for me. On the UK - Thai leg I don't care so I offer it up if anyone would like something.

Good on you for asking for a kilo, have two if you like because so far I'm on just under a kilo out of ten or so. Member Neilly may want something so I've put aside five kilos for him.

Have what you like members and I'll front the money because even if you don't have it, someone will.

• 3 months later...

Not going back to blighty but I am going to Penang for a couple of days this coming Tuesday and don't see the point of starting a new thread on this. I'm only taking hand luggage which means I have 20kg going spare if anything wants anything. Have 1 small order already which leaves quite a bit of spare. If anyone IS interested then please find a picture of what you want along with any other information you have as I'm only there for a couple of days and don't fancy tramping around too much.

Edited by notmyself

Not going back to blighty but I am going to Penang for a couple of days this coming Tuesday and don't see the point of starting a new thread on this. I'm only taking hand luggage which means I have 20kg going spare if anything wants anything. Have 1 small order already which leaves quite a bit of spare. If anyone IS interested then please find a picture of what you want along with any other information you have as I'm only there for a couple of days and don't fancy tramping around too much.

Molasses please please please.....

Impossible to find on Samui but last time over there big supermarkets stocked them. Also will pay for a good tupperware container to travel them in as if one breaks or opens you will find yourself knickers deep caked in the brown stuff.

post-76884-0-13602200-1386293340_thumb.j

Edited by julesandmartin

Impossible to find on Samui but last time over there big supermarkets stocked them. Also will pay for a good tupperware container to travel them in as if one breaks or opens you will find yourself knickers deep caked in the brown stuff.

Will do my best, does it have to be organic if not that brand?

Would gratefully accept any brand even not organic.... any better than none.

Please do not put yourself out, your kindness in offering is sweetness enough ;)

• Like 2

Would gratefully accept any brand even not organic.... any better than none.

Please do not put yourself out, your kindness in offering is sweetness enough wink.png

No problem.

Surprised there have not been more requests for items. Price of cheese could be lower.

No problem.

Surprised there have not been more requests for items. Price of cheese could be lower.

A Christmas fruit cake covered with marzipan icing large size just like mum used to make.

lol That could be a challenge! Post a picture of your Mum (with her consent) along with a picture of her cake and I can have a stab it it.... No promises.

Edited by notmyself
  • Like 1

No problem.

A Christmas fruit cake covered with marzipan icing large size just like mum used to make.

lol That could be a challenge! Post a picture of your Mum (with her consent) along with a picture of her cake and I can have a stab it it.... No promises.

Mum's long gone but this is what the cake looks like without the icing.

post-25918-0-03394900-1386469139_thumb.p

• Like 1

notmyself... How would you bring cheese? Doesn't it have to be kept refrigerated?

I shall probably be bringing back some M&S food items myself.

I attached this offer to a thread I started a couple of years back rather than create a new one. I'm going to Penang which is 95 minutes away so bringing back well chilled items is not an issue. I'm only away for 2 nights so hand luggage only, the friend I am going with is also hand luggage and she is bringing nothing back. In effect I have 40kg (less packaging) of free shipping. Polystyrene box with a dozen freezer packs or dry ice and I could bring live lobsters, cheese or whatever takes my fancy. Not way I am going to use so much so I thought I would offer the remaining to other members who live on Samui.

notmyself... How would you bring cheese? Doesn't it have to be kept refrigerated?

I shall probably be bringing back some M&S food items myself.

As for bringing cheese back from the UK. Freeze it and wrap it in a towel just before you go to the airport. Check in luggage goes into the hold which is damn cold and most of you trip will be in the air. Have you ever opened you luggage in the airport to get something out to find that everything inside is very cold?

No problem.

Mum's long gone but this is what the cake looks like without the icing.

Sorry to say I couldn't find anything even remotely like it.