Thai Army Denies Deputy Chief Plotted Coup

webfact

COUP RUMOURS

Army denies deputy chief plotted coup

The Nation

30185011-01_big.jpg

Dapong

BANGKOK: -- An Army spokesman Wednesday denied that Deputy Army Commander in Chief Gen Dapong Ratanasuwan was plotted a coup against the Pheu Thai government.

Deputy Army spokesman Col Winthai Suwari dismissed a report by a new paper that quoted Udon Thani redshirt leader Kwanchai Praiphana as alleging that Dapong had discussed a coup plot with a group of persons, who allegedly took part in a coup against the Thai Rak Thai government.

Kwanchai alleged that the group held a meeting at Bonanza resort in Khaoyai to plot the coup. He alleged that Chart Thai Pattana Party chief advisor Sanan Kachornprasart also took part in the meeting.

Kwanchai was quoted by the paper as saying the meeting took place on June 25.

"The Army would like to point out that the report is categorically untrue," Winthai said.

He urged the media to verify information before publishing any report that would defame other people and affect organisations especially if the report does not bode well for the society and the country.

"We would like to ask all people to have confidence in the Army especially when the situation is sensitive. The Army hereby affirms that it will adhere to its duty to protect the country and serve the people to the best of its ability," Winthai said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-06-27

The fat man from Supanburi who claims to love Udon is probably envious that the fat man from Surat has been in the news a lot with his blustering and bragging.

Time to seized the spotlight for a while and hope the paymanter notices in Dubai.

tak01.jpg

Kwanchai has struggled with credibility in his pronouncements

Thaksin To Definitely Return In December (2011): Kwanchai

Kwanchai alleged that the group held a meeting at Bonanza resort in Khaoyai to plot the coup.

So the Red Shirt enclave, Bonanza Resort in Khaoyai, is where the coup-plotting occurred?

:wacko::blink:

The fat man from Supanburi who claims to love Udon is probably envious that the fat man from Surat has been in the news a lot with his blustering and bragging.

Time to seized the spotlight for a while and hope the paymanter notices in Dubai.

Perhaps with the Surat Thani chubbie facing revocation of his bail, the Suphanburi chubbie is going to take his place with the monthly pronouncements of a pending coup. :ermm:

Perhaps with the Surat Thani chubbie facing revocation of his bail, the Suphanburi chubbie is going to take his place with the monthly pronouncements of a pending coup. ermm.gif

Nice to know there's a succession plan in place. First sign of actual planning I've seen in quite a while from this government. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Perhaps with the Surat Thani chubbie facing revocation of his bail, the Suphanburi chubbie is going to take his place with the monthly pronouncements of a pending coup. ermm.gif

To me, to you, to me, to you.

The Chuckle Brothers were harmless though.

Always interesting, I note, that when you have stories of this type the right wing Thaksin fans tend to keep quiet. And I don't know why The Nation even bothers to write a story around these negatives. It is clear that red 'leaders' make these kind of nonsense statements in order to keep their divisive politics in the headlines. Give us a break. Please!

Edited by ianf

Always interesting, I note, that when you have stories of this type the right wing Thaksin fans tend to keep quiet. And I don't know why The Nation even bothers to write a story around these negatives. It is clear that red 'leaders' make these kind of nonsense statements in order to keep their divisive politics in the headlines. Give us a break. Please!

Who are the right wing Thaksin fans ??

According to this forum they are Maoist rebels intent on some Polpot or Hitler like take over and destruction of the country.............

And even if they are , so what, they are citizens in their country.....................

Kwanchai alleged that the group held a meeting at Bonanza resort in Khaoyai to plot the coup.

So the Red Shirt enclave, Bonanza Resort in Khaoyai, is where the coup-plotting occurred?

wacko.pngblink.png

The last "group meeting" held at Bonanza Resort in Khaoyai.

30176701-01_big.jpg

Red Shirts Stage Anti-Coup Rally In Khao Yai

According to this forum they are Maoist rebels intent on some Polpot or Hitler like take over and destruction of the country.............

And even if they are , so what, they are citizens in their country.....................

Yeah brother, keep the faith for the people.

No matter how delusional it is.

Now this is a very, very interesting and thought provoking question indeed!

Maybe this post should be moved to the one on 'no order to shoot on sight' or 'visit to the ICC'. I mean, why involve others, it's Thai in Thailand. Let them do ..... ermm.gifblink.pngermm.gifblink.pngsad.png

"We would like to ask all people to have confidence in the Army especially when the situation is sensitive.

Yeah. Thammasat, Mount Dangrek, Krue Se, Tak Bai, Rohingya boat people. I've got confidence in spades for their handling of sensitive situations.

Edited by mca

He stated by December, implying the coup to be before or at that time. It wouldn't surprise anyone, if all this went down what with the frequency that it is discussed in the Thai press. Sounds like the time frame is right at or around the kickoff of the big tourist season. Then all the big cheeses can carp about loss of tourist business and reassure the embassies that everything is under control and that they should remove their caution and warning notices.

The last "group meeting" held at Bonanza Resort in Khaoyai.

30176701-01_big.jpg

Red Shirts Stage Anti-Coup Rally In Khao Yai

http://www.thaivisa....ly-in-khao-yai/

Didn't they have 300,000 people there?

Something like that.

That's a lot of Red Shirt Anti-Coupists at the same Red Shirt owned venue that Red Shirt Leader Kwanchai is now claiming is the venue for Anti-Red Shirt Coupists plotting a Coup.

It's not surprising that the marginalized, buffoonish Kwanchai makes yet another clownish remark.

What is surprising is that he's given any consideration in the press.

Edited by Buchholz

Are we going to go over this yet again? As I recall, the generally accepted estimates were in the range 30,000-50,000, while another somewhat more optimistic estimate was 300,000-500,000. A multiplier of 10.

Are we going to go over this yet again? As I recall, the generally accepted estimates were in the range 30,000-50,000, while another somewhat more optimistic estimate was 300,000-500,000. A multiplier of 10.

hopefully not.

I don't intend to. My point was focused on the absurdity of Kwanchai's claim that Anti-Red Shirt Coupists plotting a Coup

would conduct their plotting at the same Red Shirt owned venue where an unspecified number of Red Shirt Anti-Coupists routinely conduct their own plotting.

My other point was that the marginalized, buffoonish Kwanchai routinely makes clownish pronouncements.

Well, what is the last place you'd expect such an event to take place? An inscrutable strategy indeed. Perhaps it was during the music festival itself... blink.png

they were on stage singing ♫ we'll be tanking down the road when we come ♫

"We would like to ask all people to have confidence in the Army especially when the situation is sensitive.

Yeah. Thammasat, Mount Dangrek, Krue Se, Tak Bai, Rohingya boat people. I've got confidence in spades for their handling of sensitive situations.

It's a minor point, but I thought it was the Navy, not the Army, who were 'only following orders' with the Rohingyas ? ermm.gif

Nevertheless for a government which has been in-power for almost a year now, with no sign of a coup as-yet, the Red-Shirt leaders do seem to be awfully keen to suggest that there is one coming. Perhaps to draw attention away, from the failure of the government, to keep many of their 'pre-election promises' to the poor ?

Or perhaps this is some cunning part of their master's plan for 'reconciliation' ? Along the lines of, 'you can't have a coup to keep me from returning, or the mobs will return to the streets, yet again ? sad.png

What Thai Rak Thai government?

There was an expired cabinet Thaksin government,

but since the Parliament was dissolved,

there was no Thai Rak Thai majority,

and they had not voted in the CARETAKER PM; expired.

(hint: Thaksin had kicked the whole shooting match out by dissolving the parliament)

More hyperbol.

• Like 1

It's a minor point, but I thought it was the Navy, not the Army, who were 'only following orders' with the Rohingyas ? ermm.gif

I was sort of aiming at the general Thai armed forces by including that example Ricardo mate.