Loudspeaker Driving Me Crazy

sensei

I have just moved to a new house and I have been here for just three weeks. I love the peace and quiet in this village until today. I saw some random guys installing something on a post just across the street yesterday and I thought that they were connected to either the telephone company or the internet service provider.

All the peace and quiet that I have enjoyed in the last three weeks were shattered when I found out that they installed THREE speakers on that post just across the street, Those were not high quality BOSE speakers but they look more like giant TWEETERS.

There is nowhere to hide inside the house. The sound penetrated every corner and they played annoyingly loud Thai music that I do not even understand. Seriously, this drove my wife to tears...

After asking some people, I was told that the signal is coming from the government office. It played nonstop from noon until 6:00 PM. I wouldn't even listen to my own song collection for that long.

This is nothing short of torture.

Is there anyone else here who have had this experience?

Is there anything I can do about this?

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait till it's dark out and cut the wires.

keep doing that and eventually you will find your peace again...

+1

just dont get caught !!!!!! its probably not good for a farang to be vandalising govt equipment

wait till it's dark out and cut the wires.

keep doing that and eventually you will find your peace again...

+1

just dont get caught !!!!!! its probably not good for a farang to be vandalising govt equipment

oh yes.. that goes without saying. Also, make sure neither you or the missus looks to happy at the broken speakers.

• Like 2

Had the same thing happen here, most have been a Government grant to up date the villages PA systems. Luckily for us the village head is not a big talker, so not too much noise. The Thai house down the road cut the wires in the first night. The other new speaker is about 100 meters up the road and only comes on when the headman gets drunk. Jim

• Like 2

I moved to a new house last year and a few months later on my birthday they installed two speakers on the pole about 30 feet from my bedroom. They would start at about 7am 3 times a week for 15 min or so,music then anouncements. Not that bad as I am usually up by then but still pretty annoying. After a few months the Thai guy next door cut the wires and they never came back to fix it and it has been a few months now. So just cut them and hopefully no one will bother to fix it.

• Like 1

My chum just bought 5 rai and is building a very exclusive dwelling. I said to him, ''did you notice that small building over there with the mast and three large speakers on top''. ?

''Eeeeeeeeer, No''.

''Well at 6 o'clock in the morning a bloke that can't sleep, waffles on it and plays music, all financed by the government, for about an hour''. huh.png .

''OH'' whistling.gif

I moved to a new house last year and a few months later on my birthday they installed two speakers on the pole about 30 feet from my bedroom. They would start at about 7am 3 times a week for 15 min or so,music then anouncements. Not that bad as I am usually up by then but still pretty annoying. After a few months the Thai guy next door cut the wires and they never came back to fix it and it has been a few months now. So just cut them and hopefully no one will bother to fix it.

I sure hope that I am not the only one getting pissed here. I don't want a Thaivisa email update to say that a foreigner got caught up a pole cutting government owned wires.

My neighbor who conducts a yoga session every afternoon seems to be unaffected.

There is always that hope that the torture has ended when a song seems to end but all hope is shattered as another one starts.

I have my own playlist of songs that i know not so many will appreciate. I don't get the logic of being forced to listen to songs that I do not even understand.

• Like 1

easier if you buy an aerosol can of some kind of glue and spray it into the speaker. Just hide the evidence.

14590d1117531157-there-anything-like-spray-foam-fill-gaps-between-door-frame-14033.jpeg

Seriously, I am thinking of getting an air gun with lead shots...

• Like 1

This is why they say rent, don't buy in Thailand.

Yes, sir!

I am just renting this house. Unfortunately, I have been here for just three weeks and I haven't recovered yet from the stress of having to move. The speakers weren't there when I first move in. It just magically appeared yesterday.

I'm not a HI-FI nerd, but I think speakers have some sort of membrane inside to produce the sound. So a slingshot and some good aiming should take care of it.

Thanks for the advice. I've thought of that too but those monsters are the tough all metal tweeters.

My chum just bought 5 rai and is building a very exclusive dwelling. I said to him, ''did you notice that small building over there with the mast and three large speakers on top''. ?

''Eeeeeeeeer, No''.

''Well at 6 o'clock in the morning a bloke that can't sleep, waffles on it and plays music, all financed by the government, for about an hour''. huh.png .

''OH'' whistling.gif

6.00 in the morning? Sounds like a lay in to me.

5.30 up here. sad.png

One of the three large tweeters is aimed directly at the bedroom window.

Guess you know which to cut first.

I seriously want to, believe me.

There will come a time when I will look back at all of this and just take it lightly but my ears are still ringing at this very moment. F those who thought that this was a brilliant idea.

I'm not a HI-FI nerd, but I think speakers have some sort of membrane inside to produce the sound. So a slingshot and some good aiming should take care of it.

Thanks for the advice. I've thought of that too but those monsters are the tough all metal tweeters.

they are horns, no membrane to speak of

• Like 1

They did this in Pattaya many years ago.

Fortunately it did not last for long.

I just hope that the house across the street cuts the wire. The three speakers are less than 10 meters away from them.

Yes, if that's how it's called.

It also goes by its more popular name - Extreme Annoyance

What makes the sound then? blink.png

Do the speakers look permanent?

If it is the Phu Yai Baan it should be in the mornings and evenings.

Maybe it's just a 5 day funeral or something.

Yes, it looks annoyingly permanent.

Traditional Mickey Mouse sounding songs aren't funeral songs for sure.

I wouldn't mind if this comes in the morning or evening during the singing of the national anthem but I was just subjected to 6 hours of torture today. My ears are still ringing!!!

If that was for a funeral...

I'll just stop here.

does not apply to these kind of outdoor speakers.

tn_lbc3482.jpg

Edited by Naam

What makes the sound then? blink.png

Please, l hope you will not argue about this...

A sound comes out and it sounds really terrible.

It is a high treble sound or something from the higher ranges...

I fear wht tomorrow will bring...