Loudspeaker Driving Me Crazy

sensei

why mess with the speakers? find the perps, announcers, etc and then threaten their family with horrible death...'one more peep from the stinkin' speaker and then yer house will be torched with everyone in it...'

No one says anything... It is just nonstop music if that is what they call it...

Do not get me wrong. I love being here in Thailand... I just hate those <deleted> speakers.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will update you about tomorrow's events...

I will quietly enjoy the sounds of the crickets for the time being.

Thank you everyone for bearing with me..

Edited by sensei

why mess with the speakers? find the perps, announcers, etc and then threaten their family with horrible death...'one more peep from the stinkin' speaker and then yer house will be torched with everyone in it...'

...yer females will be sold to brothels in the Middle East... after Tutsi is through with them tongue.png

I'm not a HI-FI nerd, but I think speakers have some sort of membrane inside to produce the sound. So a slingshot and some good aiming should take care of it.

Thanks for the advice. I've thought of that too but those monsters are the tough all metal tweeters.

they are horns, no membrane to speak of

What makes the sound then? blink.png

the hornblower.

This is why they say rent, don't buy in Thailand.

Yes, sir!

I am just renting this house. Unfortunately, I have been here for just three weeks and I haven't recovered yet from the stress of having to move. The speakers weren't there when I first move in. It just magically appeared yesterday.

Don't worry, once the speakers are gone it will be that the house next door is set up as an illegal disco run by the police, then the neighbours will turn their garden into a pig farm.

I'm glad you didn't buy. Let this be a lesson about Thailand.

• Like 1

I'm not a HI-FI nerd, but I think speakers have some sort of membrane inside to produce the sound. So a slingshot and some good aiming should take care of it.

Thanks for the advice. I've thought of that too but those monsters are the tough all metal tweeters.

Yes, if that's how it's called.

It also goes by its more popular name - Extreme Annoyance

were it me, i would do both the foam and cut the wires, send a clear message

other option is to short the wires very subtly say by pushing a pin through the cable, then trimmed to be barely visible, it will short the signal and take them ages to find and repair.

What makes the sound then? blink.png

fine, no accessible membrane (or diaphragm) to speak of

wait till it's dark out and cut the wires.

keep doing that and eventually you will find your peace again...

+1

just dont get caught !!!!!! its probably not good for a farang to be vandalising govt equipment

Better yet, spray from that insulation foam inside the speaker.Cables can be repaired,the foam option needs speaker replacement.

...yer females will be sold to brothels in the Middle East... after Tutsi is through with them tongue.png

well...you know, I might wanna turn them loose down the local market so's I can have a look at their stuff....under strict control, of course...and I can do a good business with them east africans down the slave trade...a nice slender 16 y.o.: 'eek! eek! you reek of vodka and cigarettes!'...'come over here darlin' and settle down...yer 'uncle tutsi' is yer fren'...yahs, yahs...'

tutsiwarrior is the man to know in east Mogadishu...

hey...just this morning I was down the market near the local school to get some vodka and ciggies and three teenaged schoolgirls were taunting me with 'hello mister, hello...' and I approached the nearest one with the most giggles and became lascivious and then she became confused and then I could smell the natural scent on her lustrous adolescent young skin...

plenty of 'product' in these little country towns...

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Like 1

Do the speakers look permanent?

If it is the Phu Yai Baan it should be in the mornings and evenings.

Maybe it's just a 5 day funeral or something.

If it's party music they are playing, you can be sure it's only a funeral
  • Like 1

does not apply to these kind of outdoor speakers.

tn_lbc3482.jpg

Think this one will do.

post-49205-0-67718800-1340807513_thumb.p

I sympathise with you. Behind our back garden wall is a small housing estate and 6 months ago onto this estate moved a yah baa addled idiot who plays loud drum 'n' bass, with the emphasis on bass, 24 hours a day. When I asked some of his neighbours on the estate why don't they sort him out they said it's best not to get involved. This is one case where I'd be happy to hear of another shooting.

• Like 2

wait till it's dark out and cut the wires.

keep doing that and eventually you will find your peace again...

+1

just dont get caught !!!!!! its probably not good for a farang to be vandalising govt equipment

Better yet, spray from that insulation foam inside the speaker.Cables can be repaired,the foam option needs speaker replacement.

i didnt mean just cut the wires ,i meant cut the wires + and then remove the speakers and bury them in a field

remove the brackets also ..............as if the speakers were never there at all

when the guys come around ,they will be scratching their heads ,wondering if they forgot to install them in the location ......

You're so lucky you rented! lesson learnt - there are many stories even just on this forum of problems with noise in Thailand, there are no laws and no enforcement. I'm really interested in the solution of shorting the wires with a pin, very clever idea and if the wires run down the pole it's a lot easier the somehow climbing up and spraying foam in the speakers.

You may find it's just a first-day or first-week thing and they may not play music for 6 hours every day forever. If you stay though, chances are you'll get a nearby disco/bar blaring out music or cars with stereos or neighbors with dogs etc - on a long enough time-line you can't win in Thailand.

its rather common throughout asia...

i think, making noise is the preferred method to release their aggression towards foreigners...

they might have experienced in the past, that this causes a reaction - of anger... lol...

it goes so far, that the entire street patiently endures the noise, just because it harms you...

thats like "a good reason", "satisfaction"...

i am wondering, if this is something what gives them maybe the feeling of "controlling a situation"...?

probably, its a case for a psychiatrist to answer...

Edited by dingdang

My chum just bought 5 rai and is building a very exclusive dwelling. I said to him, ''did you notice that small building over there with the mast and three large speakers on top''. ?

''Eeeeeeeeer, No''.

''Well at 6 o'clock in the morning a bloke that can't sleep, waffles on it and plays music, all financed by the government, for about an hour''. huh.png .

''OH'' whistling.gif

6.00 in the morning? Sounds like a lay in to me.

5.30 up here. sad.png

10 here. laugh.png

We are opening a resort and when the speaker was installed across the street, it would start at 6:30am Monday to Friday, I am an early riser so i would just go on a motorcy ride. After several months my wife (not a morning person) had some old fellow over, who i plied with whiskey and played my guitar for and had a very fine evening indeed. The speaker never played since and although i hear it echoing thru the valley it is pleasant giving a lively atmosphere. I believe sugar goes better than spice in this situation..! I know in an emergency the obnoxious speakers could be of use as everyone can hear their mighty roar..

• Like 2

I am just renting this house. Unfortunately, I have been here for just three weeks and I haven't recovered yet from the stress of having to move. The speakers weren't there when I first move in. It just magically appeared yesterday.

Maybe the landlord decided they want the house back and want to keep your deposit.

• Like 1

Another example of how things are not as much of a bargin as people think. Good deal yesterday not so much today.

how was he supposed to know the thai govt was going to erect speakers nearby when he moved in ??

Another example of how things are not as much of a bargin as people think. Good deal yesterday not so much today.

how was he supposed to know the thai govt was going to erect speakers nearby when he moved in ??

He wasn't , but that's not relevant to my point ....... which is things in Thailand often end up to be a lot less of a good deal in the end than they seemed in the beginning , and this is just another example. How would you know they will build a noisy bar next to your house ? You don't but thats not the point now is it ?

You said "village" if it was my "village" we would have to vote on it and approve it , if you are in a village like mine you should just try and get the other people who live their to change their minds about what a good idea it was and have it taken down. You should have a yearly meeting\party to vote on reps ect. As a renter you probabbly don't have a vote but you can still promote your idea to everyone else.

And to answer the question about how one might know , it would be by asking before you rent the house , and if they said no , ask to have a clause in the agreement that says you are entitled to move and get your deposit back if it happens. And that should apply to all agravating things you don't\ might not like. If you ask if thier are barking dogs and they say no , they look unreasonable if you ask for a clause that says you can move if it's a problem.

I own, but have rented a few times over the years and I always ask and get a clause that says if the "quiet enjoyment of my life is compromised" I have the right to move with 30 days notice and get my deposit back if the problem is not solved in the 30 days. Otherwise I move on someplace better. That would include everything from smoke to niose to flooding to pretty much anything I don't like. Obviously you need to be renting in a decent place for that but if you are renting in a decent place they have no problems with that. And of course your complaint needs to be reasonable and the person you are renting from reasonable as well. But it's better protection than nothing.

Edited by MrRealDeal

You may not know the specifics but it's a pretty safe bet something unpleasant's going to spring up in the near vicinity.

When it's bad enough is when you move, no big deal is it. . .

He wasn't , but that's not relevant to my point ....... which is things in Thailand often end up to be a lot less of a good deal in the end than they seemed in the beginning , and this is just another example. How would you know they will build a noisy bar next to your house ? You don't but thats not the point now is it ?

In my area in BKK they first built an expensive condo building, and when everything was sold, they placed a HiSo open-air restaurant/bar with pizza oven straight in front of the condo balconies.

These condos cannot be sold anymore. I always pity the owners.

• Like 1