Five-year-old Boy Torn Down By Ten Stray Dogs

george

Five-year-old boy torn down by ten stray dogs

BANGKOK: -- A five-year-old boy was severely injured by some stray dogs which attacked him at a Bangkok flat Tuesday.

The boy suffered some 20 sever dog bites and was rushed to Nopparat Ratchathani Hospital.

The mother, Suprawee Boonthaweechai, 35, said she took her son to have lunch on the ground under a flat building in Ram-Indha area at 11 am.

She said while her boy was walking upstairs after the lunch, a black dog jumped on his back and bit him and nine more dogs joined the attack.

Suprawee said she was frightened and tried in vain to chase the dogs away and called for help. The dogs left after some men hit them, she said.

--The Nation 2006-01-11

BANGKOK: -- A five-year-old boy was severely injured by some stray dogs which attacked him at a Bangkok flat Tuesday.

The boy suffered some 20 sever dog bites and was rushed to Nopparat Ratchathani Hospital.

The mother, Suprawee Boonthaweechai, 35, said she took her son to have lunch on the ground under a flat building in Ram-Indha area at 11 am.

She said while her boy was walking upstairs after the lunch, a black dog jumped on his back and bit him and nine more dogs joined the attack.

Suprawee said she was frightened and tried in vain to chase the dogs away and called for help. The dogs left after some men hit them, she said.

--The Nation 2006-01-11

Thats too bad , do they have animal shelters here ? Or maybe a dog pound ?

Not at suprised at all, i have seen this all around the world

when civilication finished. Stray dogs are the first

sign of that.

When we was shooting these stray dogs like in

Kosovo, western media worried about stray dogs

rights.

Same happend in Bosnia.. etc,etc..

And when i lived in thailand (2 yrs)

i told them, dont feed stray dogs because

it will grow and grow.. but what you do

in buddhism country? Nothing!

Only what you can do in thailand, is

that poisoned some food and som nam naa.

It will be the best solvation for everyone.

dog without master is same like an

fire without control..

Thats too bad , do they have animal shelters here ? Or maybe a dog pound ?

Too bad? Animal shelters? Dog pound?

Argh! bullet straight to those stray dorgs brains, that will does it.

Thailand have an animal shelter? F***! they dont have shelters

even for humans, Argh½! Schaisse****

Edited by K9FIN

When we was shooting these stray dogs like in

Kosovo, western media worried about stray dogs

rights.

It was shocking to see UN peace keeping force invading private property to kill dogs which obviously had owners (a dog attached in the backyard of a farm is not what I would call a stray dog). And the fact they were obviously enjoying it was partly the reason why people were shocked.

And when i lived in thailand (2 yrs)

i told them, dont feed stray dogs because

it will grow and grow.. but what you do

in buddhism country? Nothing!

You could respect the local way of life, and leave the country if u don't like it (something you apparently did).

It is really sickening to see the scumm (misspelt on purpose in case of censoring) on these boards...racists, sexists, anti-gays, people who make jokes about folks getting killed, etc. Now it is the turn of the 'let's kill the stray dogs' bunch.

In my country, I go out of way to feed stray cats and dogs and few things can compare to the joy I see in their eyes when I approach them with food and feed them.

Surely, once in a while, there might be the case of stray dogs attacking human beings...but killing them because of such rare cases ??!!! Sick !

Jem

It is really sickening to see the scumm (misspelt on purpose in case of censoring) on these boards...racists, sexists, anti-gays, people who make jokes about folks getting killed, etc. Now it is the turn of the 'let's kill the stray dogs' bunch.

In my country, I go out of way to feed stray cats and dogs and few things can compare to the joy I see in their eyes when I approach them with food and feed them.

Surely, once in a while, there might be the case of stray dogs attacking human beings...but killing them because of such rare cases ??!!! Sick !

Jem

I love dogs, but I really feel the authorities could do more to solve the dog problem here. I can't be the only one that's had many near misses with dogs while on a bike?

Jem

What would you say if the young boy died?

Jem

exactly

even if the dogs were gay once they have attacked in a pack they should be shot, what's to stop them doing it again [ a doggy phycologist ]

get real this boy is five years old

Jem

I'm betting that in your country (somewhere in the West?) you don't have thousands upon thousands of stray dogs. There are so many strays in Thailand, that they form into packs, then they become fearless.

In the UK, if a dog attacks a human, it is an automatic death sentence for the dog and rightly so.

In Phuket in the late eighties there was not such a problem with stray dogs. The authorities used to come around and distribute tags to put on all dogs that had owners. The following week they would round up every dog that didn't have a tag, take them away and kill them.

As more and more farang settled in Phuket, bleeding-hearts like you, protested about this and the authorities caved in.

The result? More strays than ever before. Attacks against humans and serious injuries from motorbikes hitting strays multiplied.

As I've said before, stray dogs are vermin and should be treated as such (kill them).

Yeah, and in my country we prefer to kill moskitos, rats, flying insects and others, who might posses danger to average folks.

>>In my country, I go out of way to feed stray cats and dogs and few things can compare to the joy I see in their eyes when I approach them with food and feed them.

And I'll never forget the look in the eye of dying moskito, poisoned rat or fr***n' stray dog with saliva dripping from his wide open mouth.

Surely, there might be a case of hyper-tolerant spineless m***f*** watching dogs bite young boy, but I prefer to avoid it. And if have to buy all supply of rat poison from every department store in bkk, I don't mind. I saw little boy with scar on his face, so please, go feed your strays in your country, ok?

Jem

fine, you feed the dogs in your country and we will kill the mangy flea infested disease ridden strays here.

There was a time when I actually was concerned about walking down my sub soi - especially at night - as a pack had claimed it as their territory and would bark and bare their teeth at anything and everything that walked or drove down it. I am no 30lb weakling by the way. If you offered them food they would have more as likely bitten you.

Fortunately, someone did the rest of the soi a favour one night and they were never seen again.

its not the first time this has happenned and wont be the last unfortunately. I dont mind dogs even strays but when they hang out in groups there is always danger to anyone. I watched them bredd on the streets of Banglampoo for a few years - year after year litter after litter on the streets. There should be at least some controls in place. Locals have also to be more repsonsible.....the old story - buy a cute puppie and then when it gets bigger let it go to the streets........

Now with guard dog breeds such as rottweilers and alsatians gathering in popularity you could expect t see lots of them discarded onto the streets. Imagine the offspring in their thousands prowling the sois. Try holding off three or four of them with a stick in hand.

Another angle: What happens to the tons and tons of stray dog crap? It dries in the sun, turns eventually to a fine powder and you and me breathe it deep into our lungs.

Not to mention rabies and night long barking sessions.

The jury has returned its verdict Your Honour. As painless a death as possible to all strays.

Jem

Explain that to the mother of the 5 year old boy :o

Better still, explain that to the boy in question :D

Round em up, stick em in a pound... if they are not rehomed within a month, exterminate them.

I dont think there are many dog catchers or pounds in Thailand and it is not a case of buying a pup and letting it roam....many of the dogs are bred from strays and have never known a real home.

They tried to do a round up of strays in Pattaya....Any dog that even looked like a stray would be rounded up.....the girls suddenly laid claim to the dogs as pets and when the danger was over, the dogs were back on the streets.

Again we have people passing judgement without knowledge of the facts....Dogs generally will not attack a human unless driven by hunger, jealousy, fear or defence. It would be very unusual for a dog to just attack the boy unless there was a reason for it. we dont know if he provoked the atttack by maybe kicking the dog or some other reason. We dont know what the facts are and probably never will....

I dont think there are many dog catchers or pounds in Thailand and it is not a case of buying a pup and letting it roam....many of the dogs are bred from strays and have never known a real home.

They tried to do a round up of strays in Pattaya....Any dog that even looked like a stray would be rounded up.....the girls suddenly laid claim to the dogs as pets and when the danger was over, the dogs were back on the streets.

Again we have people passing judgement without knowledge of the facts....Dogs generally will not attack a human unless driven by hunger, jealousy, fear or defence. It would be very unusual for a dog to just attack the boy unless there was a reason for it. we dont know if he provoked the atttack by maybe kicking the dog or some other reason. We dont know what the facts are and probably never will....

I've been chased by dogs heaps of times for no apparent reason. I wondered if farang smell different to dogs as Thais?

Jem

The missus used to do the same here in LOS. Always when we went out shopping she bought something like 20 beef bbq and on our way to Robinson or whatever she fed the dogs that we met :D No fear or shame whatsoever despite sometimes negative comments from passers by.

After a while feeding the stray dogs was not enough for her and she started taking them home :o

A couple of years ago at the height of her dog infatuation we must've had over 50 dogs at the farm all of whom started out as stray dogs. She loved to take care of them and she did a good job too cause some dogs which were more dead than alive when she took them in really improved and became beautiful animals.

Anyway after a couple of years she finally came to her senses and the majority of her dogs where sent to a dog pound near Sa Kaeo.

I've been chased by dogs heaps of times for no apparent reason. I wondered if farang smell different to dogs as Thais?

We smell different, as we are a diferent sub-specie of humans and, lets not forget, are usually having a diet that is somewhat different from the normal thais.

As I have told you before, we have 36 dogs on our land, that we take care of.

But the dogs on the soi's behind us...I don't trust them at all. Heck, not even the semi-keeped dogs some of the families have, that run wild in the street the whole days. Not to forget that the kids don't mind to play violently with them (teasing in different manner) and I'm just happy to see such a low number of dog-bites taking place around here...then it could be. Or can be in the future.

I'm all for that wild dogs (not tagged) to be rounded up and put to sleep if no homes can be found.

Jem

Hey Jem

Please pm me your postal address, then i can send a van load of Khon Kaen's hideous diseased rancid creatures over and you can feed them all you like.

You can marvel at the joy in thier eye's and then you can tidy up the shit in your garden

. :o:D:D

We have dog problem even in our small village any one that leaves my house late at night I always offer a lift but some prefer to walk so I give them a large stick instead. They are hunting in packs and some of the dogs that come into the village at night time are wild dogs from the mountain behind the village. If they start hanging around it causes my dogs to go off all the time. So I sit up on the balcony with a air rifle and a few changs and shoot them in the ass it is a great sport. :o

I know if a dog ever bit my kids it wouldn’t be breathing for long

When I lived in Rangsit Bangkok if a soi dog was aggressive the locals would kill it I think culling the dog population would be best for every one

friend of mine brought great thing from US - ultrasonic device that scare dogs 100meters away ( so it says in manual) we tried on local strays - worked miracles ! those dogs started to panic, with tail between their legs and pretty dumb expression. they didn't know what kicked them, but surely did well.

About distance - I didn't check that, sorry. but surely was more than 10m. Unfortunately device works in narrow direction, but we still liked it. I'm looking forward to get more for friends, it might safe them one day.

Other methods - as pepper spray, baseball bat etc could be considered offensive by police, but small ultrasonic device - not.

yes, most of the strays are mangy, ugly, stink, sh*t everywhere, bark all night, can become dangerous to people. but if you take them in and treat them and treat them well they become the most lovely, adorable and fascinating pets.

Jem

jem jem, i had a dog and i was very attached but it was a domestic pet that was looked after and cared for, stray dogs are an unfortunate part of our society, you could say it is our fault or you could say that the domestic pets that we have are lucky that they have humans that care for them and keep them from engaging in what their instincts tell them to do i.e. kill and feed on anything that moves, dogs are instinctive pack animals if left to their own devices that is what they will do, in this situation they are no longer domestic pets, they are a threat to everything around them, they are bad.......we have bad humans, what do we do with them....we lock them up in a cell or kill them because they are a threat to others or have already killed or murdered.

What would you do if that child was yours ?

What would you do if the dogs attacked you and left you with serious injuries ?

Would you go back and pet them ?

Would you let your children near them again ?

WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

These dogs are not domestic pets, they are savage animals living amonst us, they carry disease and are a serious threat to us all, we didn't make them like that, it is their natural instinct to kill and feed, some get domesticated and learn that they don't need to savage to get fed - not all learn this.

They are a serious danger and need to be humainly disposed of.

sorry but it's true

friend of mine brought great thing from US - ultrasonic device that scare dogs 100meters away ( so it says in manual) we tried on local strays - worked miracles ! those dogs started to panic, with tail between their legs and pretty dumb expression. they didn't know what kicked them, but surely did well.

About distance - I didn't check that, sorry. but surely was more than 10m. Unfortunately device works in narrow direction, but we still liked it. I'm looking forward to get more for friends, it might safe them one day.

Other methods - as pepper spray, baseball bat etc could be considered offensive by police, but small ultrasonic device - not.

Hi Oleg.

What is the device called?

Brand name?

URL link?