Don Mueang

vickersvc10

Anyways my reply to PattayaParent was giving the most direct route from Pattaya to Donmuang. Nothing was mentioned on what time of day he travels etc.

And I much appreciate the answers.

I remember though before Swampy opened taxi drivers always preferred the overhead motoway route to Bang Na and then the overhead inner city route to Din Daeng and onto DM, maybe they will still use that route.

So you are saying that TomTom using the same satelite in England would give real time yet in Thailand it will not? Can you elaborate on your wizardry a little more please? I then wonder why when I'm driving around Thailand and there is a detour due to construction etc. that it says (Detour ahead, please follow alternative route)?

I was under the impression that in the UK most GPS mapping services were provided information from other sources (ie roads department and traffic cameras) about current (ie now) road conditions. That isn't generally available in Thailand.

Doing a bit of reading, it seems that TomTom allows user feedback, so other people's information can tell you about construction or traffic conditions. I don't know how accurate or current most of that information would be. I would think that it wouldn't be very accurate for up to date current road conditions, simply because there wouldn't be enough information going into the system.

Anyways my reply to PattayaParent was giving the most direct route from Pattaya to Donmuang. Nothing was mentioned on what time of day he travels etc.

And I much appreciate the answers.

I remember though before Swampy opened taxi drivers always preferred the overhead motoway route to Bang Na and then the overhead inner city route to Din Daeng and onto DM, maybe they will still use that route.

You might be right PP. The taxis might just use that route from here. I know I get taxi to swampy from SSCC for 1000 baht so I wonder what they Would charge to donmuang?