Torrents Take Forever To Start

happysanook

torrents are sometimes taking a long while before starting.. have never run into this before. anybody have any ideas? it seems quite random... some start right away, others sit there for a week before starting....even when there are plenty of seeds and leechers.

If you're having to resort to Vuze, after the stupid and unnecessary 'update' of Bittorrent (who bought out Utorrent), then after 'downloading' you must go to your docs/downloads, find the particular torrent in the list and kickstart it by clicking on and then opening/initiating Vuze, which will then show a 'loading bar'. If your torrent consists multiple files, ie, anything other than a lone episode/song off an album etc, then install VLC which will automatically revert your files. Easy. Otherwise will sit in stupid unnecessarily complicated Vuze 4ever.

use any number of " hide ip address" program,there are some free & some you have to pay (good for a year)

use any ip address in the us,that will speed things up

Ok, will give this a go...

You don't say if it is with a particular tracker?

All my torrents start within seconds and are usually finished within minutes

on UKN, TE and TVC

Using uTorrent on 3bb... It's quite strange... Sometimes they'll sit there for hours doing absolutely zero ...

In "info" for a particular torrent, it will say something like Seeders: 1 of 128 connected (300 in swarm) Leechers: 1 of 200 connected (400 in swarm) ... will sit there doing nothing for many hours, sometimes days, then all of a sudden start downloading at hundreds of Kb/s...

Edited by happysanook

If you're having to resort to Vuze, after the stupid and unnecessary 'update' of Bittorrent (who bought out Utorrent), then after 'downloading' you must go to your docs/downloads, find the particular torrent in the list and kickstart it by clicking on and then opening/initiating Vuze, which will then show a 'loading bar'. If your torrent consists multiple files, ie, anything other than a lone episode/song off an album etc, then install VLC which will automatically revert your files. Easy. Otherwise will sit in stupid unnecessarily complicated Vuze 4ever.

I've been using Vuze since it was Azureus, and never had any of the problems you mention. I admit I don't like all the crap they bolted onto it over the years but I have mine set to the "legacy" settings look & feel like the old Azureus.

Torrents and magnet links load up and start downloading just fine, with no interaction at all.

3BB at the house in Mae Rim - apart from the obvious (reasonably fast @ off-peak hours, not so great at peak hours) I don't have the problem of torrents not starting... Sometimes they can take a few minutes to pick up speed (especially at the aforementioned peak hours) but I haven't noticed them stall in the manner described by the OP...