Thb To Php

Explorer

Hi All,

I will be going to the Philippines tomorrow, my office tried to change baht to pesos in Bangkok and it seems the money exchange (bank??) ran out of pesos. And I will have to do the exchange myself later.

Questions -

Where will be the best place to do the currency exchange? Don Muang airport? Or Philippines Airport?

I will transit at Manila Airport and head to Davao, would it be best to change it there in Davao? The banks, hotels or etc ?

Any other ideas?

Current Rates @ 1 THB = 1.31981 PHP 1 PHP = 0.757686 THB

Thanks

Explorer :o

Hi All,

I will be going to the Philippines tomorrow, my office tried to change baht to pesos in Bangkok and it seems the money exchange (bank??) ran out of pesos. And I will have to do the exchange myself later.

Questions -

Where will be the best place to do the currency exchange? Don Muang airport? Or Philippines Airport?

I will transit at Manila Airport and head to Davao, would it be best to change it there in Davao? The banks, hotels or etc ?

Any other ideas?

Thanks

hi, if you just have an international ATM, its better to withdraw in philippines, the bank will just charge you at least 75baht per transaction/withdrawal. (e.g. you have a BKK bank premier/B1st ATM, you can use that in other country like Philippines) but don't forget to look for the ATM machine with +sign or cirrus sign. maximum withdrawal 20k. be aware when/after you withdraw. Another way is change your baht to dollar.

good luck,

MARRS

Hi All,

Questions -

Any other ideas?

Thanks

hi, if you just have an international ATM, its better to withdraw in philippines, the bank will just charge you at least 75baht per transaction/withdrawal. (e.g. you have a BKK bank premier/B1st ATM, you can use that in other country like Philippines) but don't forget to look for the ATM machine with +sign or cirrus sign. maximum withdrawal 20k. be aware when/after you withdraw. Another way is change your baht to dollar.

good luck,

MARRS

I go often to the Phils. I normally carry ~ $1000 cash that I have changed in Don Muang from Thb.

In Manila I change at the airport enough to cover the first expenses ( taxi, a quick bite). Hotel goes on the credit card. Additional cash needs are changed from the carried USD, changing it at the money changers, not the hotel, but i use the hotel as an indicator. ( they normally take 1 or 2 peso of the going rate, but sometimes they offer a better rate when they are foreign owned or part of a chain.)

If additional cash is required, then it goes from the ATM Card (Bangkok Bank). Large ticket puchases if needed go on the credit card.

If you are really up to date with the X-rates you can change in the shops in Davao, but keep it at small amounts. Don't flash cash in the Phils ! You'r asking for trouble.

Both the Baht and peso seem not to be wanted in the visiting country. I was last back in MNL in November and the exchanges at MNL Airport did not want to know the Baht and then offered me a 1-1 rate. In Pasig at a money changer I managed to get 1.2 Peso to the Baht.

I remit money monthly to the Phils and without doubt its easier to use the ATM machines. my wife having a Bangkok Bank account here in BKK. I believe the HKSBC and Planters banks accept the BKK Bank card with the HKSB allowing 80,000 Pesos per day withdrawal.

As has been suggested carry USD notes which are easily convertable but carrying a lot of money around is not recommended.