Vitamin C Injections

billyboy

I was listening to the radio the other day and i heard a DR from another country talk about how good Vitamin C is in treating illnesses and preventing Flu etc. However he says people canot get enough in tablet form and need it in injection form.Has anyone heard of this? Im thinking people who have low immune systems,or get colds and flu easily such as me ,or who have AIDS or Cancer or whatever should get Vitamin C injections. Im wondering if anyone knows where to get these in Thailand and if its possible,as im not sure if this DR was from India. Im not sure of what high doses would do in the long term?

Can this vitamin c in this injection form build up your resistance to diseases and make you live longer?

The problem is finding someone who can inject the vitamin c?

I just Googled this to see what you were talking about. Yeah, 30 grams is a lot of vitamin C, too much to just take those chewable 1 gram tablets. It seems pretty hokey to me. Excess vitamin C is excreted in urine, just like the B vitamins.

What we do is take massive doses of it only when we are getting sick. Say, 8 grams the first day, 6 the next, 4 the next, etc. down to our standard 2 gram daily dose. Try that for a month or so before you start thinking about injections.

Thanks I might try this about 2 weeks before i go on my Thailand holidays.

Every time i come back from Thailand and i dunno if everyone else gets the same,but when i come back after my usual 2 week holiday,i am sick with flu and rundown,after being in the heat plus air conditioning,plus booze,take away food,sex,and the pollution,plus the air cond on the plane.

So next time i want to be prepared.Maybe its too dangerous to take 30mg?

Finding who injects it? maybe i should ask my local DR?,But then again i think stick to your idea of the tabs.I will let everyone know if it works,it should increase my immune system enough to cope with TH

When I lived in Japan, it was standard procedure in almost every doctor's office to give a vitamin IV bag before seeing the doc, no matter what the complaint was. Of course, this was just so they could bill the national insurance for more, but it did feel good. I'm not sure if it had much effect in actually helping whatever problems I had.

I think rather than waiting for being sick and getting a big injection it's better to keep up preventive health maintenance and take a gram or so by several tablets a day- as it does run out of the body pretty quickly.

"Steven"

Do you realise the 30gm would make your 6 litres of blood a half % Vitamin C?????

That's ONE PART IN 200 PERCENT VITAMIN C!!

Do you want to be the guinea pig for something with no real history??

Do you know it's an acid?

Are you feeling lucky?...you'd better be.

Edited by sleepyjohn

Do you realise the 30gm would make your 6 litres of blood a half % Vitamin C?????

That's ONE PART IN 200 PERCENT VITAMIN C!!

Do you want to be the guinea pig for something with no real history??

Do you know it's an acid?

Are you feeling lucky?...you'd better be.

It would do except as cathyy says 70%-80% is got rid of, or as most doctor's say "taking excess abscorbic acid leaves you with the world's most expensive urine". Also you have to check you have fully functioning kidneys or there could be problems. Looking out of my window here, I can see more than adequate vitamin c on the trees, for anyone other than someone with a medical deficiency. :o