Farang Computer Guy In Bkk?

swissie

I live in the sticks near the Myanmar Border and I am having problems with my laptop on a monthly basis. The local (Thai) Computer Wizard can' t fix nothing but downloads me a "new" Windows 7 practically every month. at the rate of 500 Bht every time. As usual, now I can't even start up anymore.

The point: I will be in BKK for the next week and I am looking for:

a) A computer-shop that is able to analyse a problem and offer true remedies.

B) I would prefer a Farang-Run shop (English speaking folks), Otherwise it will be like talking to monkeys, triying to outline the advantages of a telefone as opposed to smoke signals.

c) Should be accessible by Skytrain.

Thanks & cheers.

Go to Pantip Plaza...plenty repair shops with thai guys who speak good english there.

Sounds good. As a "Non-Bankokian", can you give directions as to how to get there ?

Thanks & cheers.

Any taxi driver will know the way there.Had the same problem and same solution when i lived in Isaan.At that time the guy changed my real windows to a fake one which keep on being infected with trojans etc.Have you tried registry repair software?..Here is a free one pcerrorfix.co ...it may fix the problem for you..Good Luck

Edited by vet43

Try Fortune Town (IT mall), much more quiet and friendlier than Pantip Plaza.

Easy to get there by MRT (Phra Ram 9)

http://www.bangkokme...emap-110510.jpg

Good luck.

Totally agree. Pantip is neither a productive or an enjoyable visit. Fortune (3rd and 4th floor) is a much better option. English is reasonable from most repair shops in Fortune and you can access it either from taxi or MRT station.

Try Fortune Town (IT mall), much more quiet and friendlier than Pantip Plaza.

Easy to get there by MRT (Phra Ram 9)

http://www.bangkokme...emap-110510.jpg

Good luck.

Totally agree. Pantip is neither a productive or an enjoyable visit. Fortune (3rd and 4th floor) is a much better option. English is reasonable from most repair shops in Fortune and you can access it either from taxi or MRT station.

PRO CORNER (Fortune Tower) near the rear of the 3rd floor is a very dependable shop. Nick, the Thai manager speaks fluent English and is a straight shooter. When I brought my Gateway in with HD problems he diagnosed the problem but suggested I first check at Acer service to see if it was still under warranty. It was and it saved me a bundle. He didn't have to do that.

There's a guy named Peter Wakeman who runs a place an MRT stop or two above FortuneTown. The business is named Professional IT Solutions. I haven't yet tried this place, but have had some e-mail communication, and it looks promising. You can go to the site: www.itready.co.th/contactus.php. I actually have had good and bad results at both Panthip and FortuneTown. I speak quite good Thai, so have some advantage in figuring out who is likely to be competent, but it certainly is easier when you both have the same native language. I've been planning to check out Mr. Wakeman's company next time I have a serious problem. Good luck . . . .

I live in the sticks near the Myanmar Border and I am having problems with my laptop on a monthly basis. The local (Thai) Computer Wizard can' t fix nothing but downloads me a "new" Windows 7 practically every month. at the rate of 500 Bht every time. As usual, now I can't even start up anymore.

cool.png I would prefer a Farang-Run shop (English speaking folks), Otherwise it will be like talking to monkeys, triying to outline the advantages of a telefone as opposed to smoke signals.

Thanks & cheers.

I know an american guy who is really good at fixing computers fora cheap price, he does not have white skin though.

So most thai people are like talking to monkeys?

• Like 1

cool.png I would prefer a Farang-Run shop (English speaking folks), Otherwise it will be like talking to monkeys, triying to outline the advantages of a telefone as opposed to smoke signals.

Thanks & cheers.

I know an american guy who is really good at fixing computers fora cheap price, he does not have white skin though.

It is the ole, "I am not the problem. it is everyone else."

Go to Pantip Plaza...plenty repair shops with thai guys who speak good english there.

Sounds good. As a "Non-Bankokian", can you give directions as to how to get there ?

Thanks & cheers.

Take the BTS to Ratchathewi and you can walk from there, or take motorbike taxi for 20 Baht. Go out at exit 4 and you can walk up Petchaburi Road, towards the Indonesian Embassy, Pratunam, Amari Watergate, etc. You can see it on this map:

N1_update.gif

There's a motorbike taxi rank at the foot of the exit 4 steps also if you don't want to walk it.

Edited by dantilley

Thanks & cheers.

It is the ole, "I am not the problem. it is everyone else."

Yes, Indeed

There's a guy named Peter Wakeman who runs a place an MRT stop or two above FortuneTown. The business is named Professional IT Solutions. I haven't yet tried this place, but have had some e-mail communication, and it looks promising. You can go to the site: www.itready.co.th/contactus.php. I actually have had good and bad results at both Panthip and FortuneTown. I speak quite good Thai, so have some advantage in figuring out who is likely to be competent, but it certainly is easier when you both have the same native language. I've been planning to check out Mr. Wakeman's company next time I have a serious problem. Good luck . . . .

As a personal friend of Mr Wakeman and having worked with him before I also whole heartedly suggest him and his business for any IT related issues you are having.

Thanks.

ianwuk