Need 30 More Days: Currently On 3 Month Tourist Visa

Sorry to pose a bog-standard question. I spent 30 minutes searchng for the answer - honest!

A 59 year-old friend arrived in Thailand 7 weeks ago from the UK on a 3 month tourist visa, issued in London. He now wishes to stay 30 days (no more and probably a few days less) beyond the expiration date of his tourist visa. Can this be done at an immigration office? He is staying with his girlfriend in south Bangkok, can he do it at the Samut Prakhan immigration office? How much does it cost and what are the documentation requirements?

If not, can it be done by a border run, rather than acquiring a new visa in Phnom Penh/Vientianne/Svanakhet? Whichever solution, please indicate cost and documentation requirements.

Thanks in advance.

7 weeks would seem to be using a 60 day tourist visa entry which can be extended for 30 days at any immigration office using a TM.7/photo and fee of 1,900 baht. If you mean he needs to stay 30 days beyond that point he would have to make a new entry by air, or two by land unless he obtains a new tourist visa and returns on that.

My mistake. He has a 60 day tourist visa and wants to stay another 30 days. You have answered my questions and he will go to an immigration office. Many thanks.