Ais And Dtac Block Credit

asiamint

My daughter has a mobile phone and every week we top up 50 baht on her 12call AIS sim card, and every week they block her from dialing out if we do not top up every week, even though she has over 100 baht credit on the sim she cant dial out unless we top up more. I tried DTAC and found out they do the same.

When you top up using True they give you one year to use your credit in most cases and maybe for new users at least a month. Much better than Ais OR dtac

Stay away from AIS and DTAC, what a rip off.. They still send on average 3 promtion texts to her everyday promomoting other compaines servies, so that means there getting paid from these compaines, so it's not like there not making money from these low use accounts. I have now switched all the family to TRUE, what other choice do i have? AIS and DTAC are basically forcing there customers to use there credit up when they dont need to or they get blocked.

If you have to buy a sim card for your children buy TRUE and stay away from DTAC AND AIS.

• Like 1

I had the same problem when I first acquired a pre-pay simcard, but I can't remember who the service provider was. I don't think it was DTAC, because I subsequently got a "Happy" simcard from them which gave up to one year's usage, although this seems to vary a bit. Every time I top up, it just boots the validity a few months further on, so I've never had a problem. That said, I don't have a heavy usage, and only use a phone for calls and texts. I guess the deal you get depends on the cost of the calls, but whatever that is in my case it's not a significant item.

On DTAC there is a code you can input that extends your credit validity for 30 days for a fee of 2 baht.

Extend Validity – Press : *113*[number of days 30/90/180]*9#imgPhone.gif Example: *113*180*9# imgPhone.gif for 180 day extension. 2 Baht per month.

So on DTAC you can have a phone that receives unlimited call and texts for 24 Baht per year.

My wife called them, says nothing to do with the package, she got them to extend for one month at a cost of 30 baht off her credit, that was about a month ago, i never used to have this problem with my ais sim as well, but i used to top up 500 or 1000 baht at a time, i think this is standard practice for low top up/low use accounts.

Im happy with TRUE , at least i have the peace of mind that if my daughter needs to call she can. Very bad business practices form DTAC and AIS

On DTAC there is a code you can input that extends your credit validity for 30 days for a fee of 2 baht.

Extend Validity – Press : *113*[number of days 30/90/180]*9#imgPhone.gif Example: *113*180*9# imgPhone.gif for 180 day extension. 2 Baht per month.

So on DTAC you can have a phone that receives unlimited call and texts for 24 Baht per year.

thanks for the info, thats good to know, but with TRUE it costs nothing, also AIS seem to charge more than DTAC, 30 baht for the month extension,

I extended for 90 days recently without too much difficulty using this method.