Wimbledon 2012

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No.

Just remember, George Best never played in a WC Finals. Doesn't help I know, but he played well, Federer was just better, now he has the blood, perhaps next time.

Yeah...the better man won. Federer has a more complete game really and that showed today. Always next year I suppose. sad.png

Sadly another grand slam defeat for the Scotsman. Such fine margins can swing a tennis game. Murray had 2 break points at 4-4 in the 2nd and just failed to make it. Federer survived and went on to snatch the 2nd set when Murray looked more likely to lead 2-0. It looked ominous and when Murray lost his serve in the long game in Set 3 after seving at 40 love the writing was on the wall.

carmine ... I'm an Aussie.

David, i really don't care where you are from. is there anything else you wish to ask me?

carmine ... I'll be blunt with you.

Don't pick a fight with me ... I have no beef with you..

Thanks for the advice Dave but i don't eat meat.

Anyway, being an aussie, do you think it would be advisable to recall your touring side now before the test series starts? smile.png

No problems ... advice is free.

As for the woeful Aussie Cricket side ... I am busy with the humble pie over in the ODI Cricket thread ... but you know as you posted there.

Some serious flaws have emerged with Australia playing in English conditions.

A great side can adapt to all pitch conditions ... obviously Australia doesn't have a great side at the moment. All credit to the Poms.

Edited by David48

So ... sporting passions and nationalism aside ... was it a great game ... a spectacle worthy of a Wimbledon Final?

Is was midnight here by the end of the first set and some darn enjoyable tennis on display in the set that Murray won.

Still I hate those idiots who yell out their comments between points.

Maybe 1 in 10 is amusing and 1 in a 100, funny ... the rest ... dry.png

The thing about Murray, he really is the 'anti-sportsman' ... an ungainly look about him, but he obviously brings it all together on the tennis arena.

If he gives up on tennis ... maybe he'd like to poll his arm over for us Aussies in the Cricket ... we need all the help we can get ... ohmy.png

So ... sporting passions and nationalism aside ... was it a great game ... a spectacle worthy of a Wimbledon Final?

Is was midnight here by the end of the first set and some darn enjoyable tennis on display in the set that Murray won.

The thing about Murray, he really is the 'anti-sportsman' ... an ungainly look about him, but he obviously brings it all together on the tennis arena.

If he gives up on tennis ... maybe he'd like to poll his arm over for us Aussies in the Cricket ... we need all the help we can get ... ohmy.png

In parts entertaining David but no...not the best final or indeed game of tennis I've seen. Murray has 2/3 of a great game and Federer is on the decline. Its a high standard he's declining from though....yeah good but not memorable.

In parts entertaining David but no...not the best final or indeed game of tennis I've seen. Murray has 2/3 of a great game and Federer is on the decline. Its a high standard he's declining from though....yeah good but not memorable.

Good assessment smokes

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now that the Sports Bar has moved to soi 13 and into an inferior building, where is the best place to watch Murray winning Wimbledon on this Sunday (presuming one is stuck in Bangkok)?