Eyeglasses

Lobo4819

Other than the overdone chain of optometrists with the blue/white logo that have more outlets in this country than 7-11, are there any competent, realistically-priced resources for an accurate vision test and fitting of new lenses and frames here in Chiang Mai? Referrals based on experience would be appreciated.

• Like 1

'Consensus' points to Vision Center in Rajvitthi Rd, on the same side as UN Irish Pub but a little closer to the moat. Excellent products and service and, in my experience, never tries to oversell!

/ Priceless

'Consensus' points to Vision Center in Rajvitthi Rd, on the same side as UN Irish Pub but a little closer to the moat. Excellent products and service and, in my experience, never tries to oversell!

/ Priceless

I have had glasses there for both the wife and myself. Very satisfied. The wife wanted the kind that were good for every thing reading and driving. He was honest and said it would be cheaper to buy one of each. I have bought reading glasses there and am very satisfied. The last time I went in there I was prepared to pay for a good pair of tinted glasses for walking around or driving when I am back visiting in North America. He told me they would not help that much so I said OK I will just get a pair of sunglasses that lighten and darken and he said they weren't really that good. Don't know if he was rite or wrong with that assessment but I bought a pair that does not change shades and am very happy with them. For a eye doctor he recommended some one inside the moat on the North side close to the Ram hospital.

Most every one I have talked with has been happy with his service and prices. Some disagree on the usefulness of bifocals as compared to reading glasses and a pair for driving or walking around. But they all agree he is good.

Some disagree on the usefulness of bifocals as compared to reading glasses and a pair for driving or walking around. But they all agree he is good.

Bifocals should never be worn for reading and driving, they are dangerous. The top half is distance and the bottom half reading, nothing in-between. Two pairs of glasses are unsatisfactory (for me) as I would forget them.

Much better to shell out the extra money and get yourself a really good quality pair of varifocals that are specially made to your prescription and will adjust at different distances.

Some disagree on the usefulness of bifocals as compared to reading glasses and a pair for driving or walking around. But they all agree he is good.

Bifocals should never be worn for reading and driving, they are dangerous. The top half is distance and the bottom half reading, nothing in-between. Two pairs of glasses are unsatisfactory (for me) as I would forget them.

Much better to shell out the extra money and get yourself a really good quality pair of varifocals that are specially made to your prescription and will adjust at different distances.

I was going to mention them but couldn't remember the name varifocals I believe there was a couple of other posters talking about them. Have no idea of what the price is or if they make them there by the UN Irish Pub.