Fire Escape.

BOBBYTIN

That's a bit of a strange request. Most hotels have the fire-exits locked to prevent runners, so you might find one for sale in unused condition.

A little off topic but I was visiting a friend on the 7th. floor of Bangkok Phuket Hospital on Friday and became confused when leaving his room. Turned right instead of left and pushed the handle of the door marked EXIT. Well all hell broke loose. 140 db. siren, like I mean LOUD, heads appeared from behind every door, security was summoned, what room was I in ?? 5 minutes to explain I wasn't a patient doing a runner, simply a confused visitor in a corridor where everything looks the same.

Next time I go I'll take a ball of string!

Would suggest you contact a reputable building company, if such exists, as fire escapes are generally tailored to the building itself to align with escape doors which may have to be installed as well. Oh and fit a battery backup security alarm as well, to secure against incoming and outgoing as well.

Any good architect should be a source of initial information.

They also make fire escape rope ladders. Depending on your application, that might be an option. I want to say I have seen them for sale in Thailand. Maybe True Value or Home Pro. They make ones for 2 or 3 stories.

First-Alert-Fire-Escape-Ladder-218528.jpg

fire-escape-ladder.jpg

$%28KGrHqF,!gsE3EVgB7k0BO!+z!PLHw~~0_3.JPG

Edited by NomadJoe
  • Like 1

That's a bit of a strange request. Most hotels have the fire-exits locked to prevent runners, so you might find one for sale in unused condition.

A little off topic but I was visiting a friend on the 7th. floor of Bangkok Phuket Hospital on Friday and became confused when leaving his room. Turned right instead of left and pushed the handle of the door marked EXIT. Well all hell broke loose. 140 db. siren, like I mean LOUD, heads appeared from behind every door, security was summoned, what room was I in ?? 5 minutes to explain I wasn't a patient doing a runner, simply a confused visitor in a corridor where everything looks the same.

Next time I go I'll take a ball of string!

Would suggest you contact a reputable building company, if such exists, as fire escapes are generally tailored to the building itself to align with escape doors which may have to be installed as well. Oh and fit a battery backup security alarm as well, to secure against incoming and outgoing as well.

Any good architect should be a source of initial information.

thanks for the advise,we dont have a big hotel,but if i had a fire downstairs,it would make egress difficult. i have smoke alarms,and fire extinguishers,but for peace of mind and safety i need a escape ladder. cheers

They also make fire escape rope ladders. Depending on your application, that might be an option. I want to say I have seen them for sale in Thailand. Maybe True Value or Home Pro. They make ones for 2 or 3 stories.

fire-escape-ladder.jpg

thank you,will take a look,though my place is 3 story. thanks again

fire-escape-ladder.jpg

Buy two and tie them together biggrin.png

No need. :)

66.jpg?1295276542

fire-escape-ladder.jpg

pure genius.

All good in theory but I don't see my 82 year old granny being comfortable with the aforementioned suggestions.

I think the OP has to bite the bullet and spend squillions or mark a circle on the roof for the very first Phuket Rescue Helicopter. Yeah the same one they've been talking about for the last ten years. The same as most normal developed countries have at their disposal ATM.