Closest Netherlands Consul To Phuket.

As the title suggests can anyone provide me with contact details. I have a very dear friend languishing In Phuket Bangkok hospital with suspected cancer. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/566999-alpons-room-706-bkk-phuket-hospital/#entry5448821. I believe his sole income is 1/2 of the Dutch pension due to his lack of residency within that country. Upon his demise I believe this meagre amount will cease.

Family help, financial and otherwise, has not been coming at the speed it was anticipated.

To compound problems further he has a 16 year old biological daughter of whom he had sole control as her mother found a richer ATM machine and is now living in Denmark. Not surprisingly this girl has become erratic in her ways, missing school, totally lying despite obvious truths to the contrary, an image of her mother. She needs as much help as her father and certainly for a longer period. I believe she has a Thai passport, though possibly using her mothers family name. Problems could arise even if his family offer support and agree for her to move to Holland under their care.

It would be much appreciated if anyone could provide any details that could be of help both here in Thailand or overseas. At the moment we are a small group of concerned friends with limited resources.Telephone costs are not a problem as I have a very good voip service.

Thanks in advance.

Stafford

http://thailand.nlembassy.org/organization/dutch-consulate-in-phuket/dutch-consulate-in-phuket.html

Closest consulate (honorary) is in Phuket.

Not that they can do much, financial assistence is not provided. An option might be to return to The Netherlands.

His daughter is no entitled to anuything, if he doesn't recieve any funds for her now.

The daughter probably has dual nationality, but not sure if he wasn't married.

http://thailand.nlem...-in-phuket.html

Closest consulate (honorary) is in Phuket.

Not that they can do much, financial assistence is not provided. An option might be to return to The Netherlands.

His daughter is no entitled to anuything, if he doesn't recieve any funds for her now.

The daughter probably has dual nationality, but not sure if he wasn't married.

Thanks for that Mario. I will contact Mr. Seven Smulders tomorrow.

Unfortunately his condition would necessitate a medivac flight and there's no money in the till for that, and would serve no real purpose anyway. We are talking weeks or days here not months or years.

The main concern we have is for his daughter. Alpons is the epitamy of Dutch stubbornness, and was always saying he was going to get her dual nationality. At the moment it is impossible to get a coherent answer to our questions, due to his condition, in an effort to help him. I don't think he ever got around to it Best we can determine is he's probably got 20,000 baht to his name. Rent is due, True a/c, elect bill, etc: all will be gone by tomorrow.

I doubt a formal marriage certificate exists.

His daughter when she appears briefly is less than helpful and gives no cooperation. It would appear to the casual observer that she is " freaked out " by her fathers condition, but I think the underlying problems are deeper than that and possibly being remotely controlled by her mother and no doubt will follow her footsteps unless we can do something to help.

Thanks again for yours.

Stafford.

an SOS repatriation insurance provided by a Dutch insurer OOM would have prevented the sad circumstances in this case.

Premium = 100 bath a month

Good luck

hgma

an SOS repatriation insurance provided by a Dutch insurer OOM would have prevented the sad circumstances in this case.

Premium = 100 bath a month

Good luck

hgma

Would you have any additional information regarding this Dutch Insurer ?

Much appreciated !

Will have to focus on the child then.

- did the father work in the Netherlands? If he did, he might have/be entitled to a pension. Mine for instance provides for underaged children when I die. So might be worth checking with his former employer.

- the girl will need a guardian till she turns 20 (the age of majority in Thailand). That will normally be the mother, but can be another person. Especially if the father makes a will in which he states who should be the guardian it will be helpfull.

Better check where the girl wants to stay: Thailand, with family in the Netherland or in Denmark.

- ask the embassy in Bangkok (through the consul perhaps) to check if the gilr has Dutch nationality. If not, she might be able to acquire that but will take some time.