How Hard Is It To "Buy" A Book For A Classic Bike That Has No Book?

Hey there

I have a 1962 lambretta with no book. Im fine driving it around town (Hua Hin) but would love to go on a little adventure on it - a good 6 or 700 hundred clicks somewhere over a few days. Obviously with no book or tax or even any proof that I purchased the bike, i am going to have an issue with the police and possibly even have the bike confiscated.

Is it litteraly impposible to somehow aquire a book for the bike? I have been told by most people it is impposible.... But surely there must be a way to register the bike legaly and sort out a book. Surely a decent sized "drink" to the right official would work? I would be willing to pay up to 30 or 40,000 to sort out a book for it so surely given the amount of tea money on the table it must be workable.

I dunno. maybe I am just being niave. Im probably ignorant to assume that money buys you everything but then again in my 9 years of living here, I have seen money pay for almost every situation in one form or another. All i want is a small, insignificant little book so I can ride out of town legaly :)

Anyone have any insight?

Cheers :)

TLS

i know someone in bkk that can make them

he charges 80k for a modern super-sport or big bike like a harley or anything

over 1000cc (40k to start the procedure and another 40k when youre collecting the plate and book )

I also know another guy in bkk that makes fake books for 20k ,never used him though

never heard of anyone making a book in your situation though

a fifty years old bike being emission tested ,interesting ........:)

The best thing to do is to become member of a Thai classic bike association/club, they often can help you in ways that you cannot think off.

And maybe you're in luck... the rumor is that the Thai Department of Land Transport is working out how classic motor vehicles can be registered. Probably to many people with influence have a taste for classic vehicles.

So lets hope that the DLT finds a way to get our classic motorcycles registered...