Thailand Golf Newbie Questions

gk10002000

Time to start golfing again. Took several years off. Been to Thailand many times, except for a driving range one night have not played any golf. What is the typical package around Pattaya? Do you pay for use of the locker rooms to change and shower after playing? Do you get caddies (ladies have been the rumor). I see some courses mandate a golf cart, one person per cart? Can't have two players in one cart? Do they provide a fore-caddy or pin tender in the other cart seat?

Any details would be appreciated.

Thanks

go to one of the many golf bars around pattaya , find one you like or is closest to you and talk to the people there and they can answer any thing you need to know . best option for starting to play again along with plenty of practice at the range . most of the golf bars belong to one of the golf clubs such as pattaya golf club and international pattaya golf club you can search these on the internet at your leisure .

I you go to the Pattaya Sports Club website you can see all the bars that play regularly and download a list of current prices at all the local courses. Prices vary a lot but 1500-2000 is a reasonable target for green fee/cart/caddy.

In answer to your specific questions;

Locker room/shower - free/included in green fee.

Caddies - I know only one course where you don't have to have a caddy, so basically yes, and most are female.

Carts - some courses mandate a cart, some courses mandate 1 cart per person (if you download the prices you can see which).

Yeah. I poked around on You tube last night and saw some videos of some of the local courses around Pattaya. I guess you get the heavily clothed (sun avoiding Thai lady) caddies. That is OK. Haven't been many Thai ladies I didn't like listening to. Love those accents. Hope I can focus on my game. I used to break 80. Will see shortly how the back has gotten back into shape.

Thanks Upnotover

You can also check some sites for more information on each individual course.

www.thailandgolfers.com - Cheap Golf Thailand

www.golfasian.com - Thailand golf Tours

www.golforient.com - Thailand Golf Course Information

www.golfthink.com - Thailand golf lessons

These are just to name a few but all have good information on golf in Thailand and information on the different golf courses.

Cheers,