Where Can I Get Materials For Making Art Panels?

IconicX

I am a 54 year old artist retiring to CM to pursue art as a "hobby." I will not be selling my art.

I want to either make my own or have made cradled wood art panels to paint on. I have used in the USA a thin plywood (veneer) like 4mm okoume Mahogany 3 ply, marine grade plywood or 3mm thick Russian birch plywood. I used basswood strips for braces. When first making them I used this website below as a source of info and was very faithful to the design and the materials used. The panels will be of various sizes. Some as large as that of the man is holding up. I know some expats have experience acquiring materials for their homes and have taken pride in having discovered sources of materials and/or good quality craftsmanship and labor. Any help or advice will be appreciated.

http://www.johnannesley.com/CradledPanels.html

I think you might need to simplify this post as it's a bit complicated. The title is off putting as hardly anyone will have heard of art panels.

Even in the west this kind of support for art is rare. You won't find the finished item. So as you say, you need to find the components.

If you ask where can I get veneers or plywood panels it might get a better response. Don't mention art in the title.

Then, where to find the woodworkers to make the frame might be a different post. Of course if you find woodworkers who know where to get the veneer and timber to build the art panels that's great. Let's see how it goes.

Just my humble opinion.

• Like 1

I think you might need to simplify this post as it's a bit complicated. The title is off putting as hardly anyone will have heard of art panels.

Even in the west this kind of support for art is rare. You won't find the finished item. So as you say, you need to find the components.

If you ask where can I get veneers or plywood panels it might get a better response. Don't mention art in the title.

Then, where to find the woodworkers to make the frame might be a different post. Of course if you find woodworkers who know where to get the veneer and timber to build the art panels that's great. Let's see how it goes.

Just my humble opinion.

Makes perfect sense. Lets see how it goes. Thanks.