Income Statement From Embassy

Has anyone apply for income statement from USA embassy? What is the required document other than passport?

Do you need proof of income?

I will arrive on 30 day extension in 2 weeks. My original plan was to apply for Non-O from immigration then apply for extension once my fund is seated over 60 days in the bank. But if I can go with 2nd option, I think it would be better than having 800,000 or more sitting in the bank doing nothing.

Another question and I am not still clear on this. Once I am married, Can I apply for Non-O spouse visa in Thailand? If I need to go outside of Thailand, can I apply in Myanmar across the Mae Sai border? If so how long does it take?

Again rather than going through the hassle of marriage visa and 400,000 sitting, I rather do a visa run since I will be 80km from the border. I am transferring my funds to Thailand but I want it to work for me through fixed deposit or other investments.

Fixed deposit (cash savings) can be used for extensions of stay - investment type (non cash/immediate access) could not.

The Embassy letter requires your passport, payment of $50 or 1,600 baht and you sign under oath that the information is true (thus subject to penalties under US law if not). Immigration might ask for supporting documents to prove it if they have any doubt.

You could only apply for a visa inside Thailand if intending to extend stay and it would be valid for only 90 days and require meeting extension requirements. If you do not want to extend best choice (after marriage) would be a multi entry non immigrant O visa allowing unlimited stays of up to 90 days each for one year validity. That can currently be obtained in Savannakhet with marriage certificate/copy of wife ID card and home register or normally in home country. Also available in KL for above plus proof of 100k in a bank account. Other Consulates cay vary with up to proof of 400k bank account being required (same as extension requirement).

Fixed deposit (cash savings) can be used for extensions of stay - investment type (non cash/immediate access) could not.

The Embassy letter requires your passport, payment of $50 or 1,600 baht and you sign under oath that the information is true (thus subject to penalties under US law if not). Immigration might ask for supporting documents to prove it if they have any doubt.

You could only apply for a visa inside Thailand if intending to extend stay and it would be valid for only 90 days and require meeting extension requirements. If you do not want to extend best choice (after marriage) would be a multi entry non immigrant O visa allowing unlimited stays of up to 90 days each for one year validity. That can currently be obtained in Savannakhet with marriage certificate/copy of wife ID card and home register or normally in home country. Also available in KL for above plus proof of 100k in a bank account. Other Consulates cay vary with up to proof of 400k bank account being required (same as extension requirement).

Thanks a bunch for your info. Looks like best and easiest way would be fixed account.

At the American Embassy I believe you just sign a form and pay $50.00 - as to income.

It's similar to the form for marriage or getting a thai drivers license - notarized statement - and pay around 50 bucks. All you do is sign the form - passport and pay the fee.

I guess not too many problems with Americans not having funds - but Thai immigration may ask a few more questions - but too my knowledge - not too often.

In 15 years, immigration CM only ask for supporting docs once when I switched methods. I was prepared and had copies with me of all pensions. Just be prepared to get ask. Some try and cheat the system, so can understand the spot checking. Good luck.