Good Meal At The Royal Project

ARISTIDE

Always a great supporter of the King's Royal Project Foundation. Innocently drop by for some grilled cheese and waffle. I was surrprised to find some new items like a punnett of raspberries and a mango, got them for only 65 bath.

post-131333-0-77436000-1341374083_thumb.

post-131333-0-09961100-1341374097_thumb.

Edited by ARISTIDE
  • Like 1

Sutep Road google mapo 18.791618,98.960064

I think they open around 0830?

Looks good, could you enlighten me to the location and business hours?

Cheers

Those raspberries look good, just what I need for my freezer.

I went today, very much looking forward to getting some raspberries, but no, nothing! I went to the place on the corner of suthep and canal roads. Were you talking of another royal project shop? What a disappointment!

You know they also have the Queens restaurant on huay kaew road just before phuping police station as you are coming down from Doi suthep located on the left hand side they use all the produce from the royal project some of the food is really good i have been going there for 7 years now and i always take my parents when they come to visit me my step mum alway raves on about the chocolate cake they do there.

Exactly the same place!

I went today, very much looking forward to getting some raspberries, but no, nothing! I went to the place on the corner of suthep and canal roads. Were you talking of another royal project shop? What a disappointment!

the Kings Project can have some great stuff but is luck of the draw, very inconsistence. Went last week and they didn't have any smoked trout or ice cream, both which they have been selling for quite some time. I think it was better in the old building across the parking lot and now a bit hi-so and less of a co-op feel. Still go in search of rainbow swiss chard, fennel and other exotics for here and the pppl. (perhaps hill tribes) selling in the parking lot can have some nice stuff too.

the Kings Project can have some great stuff but is luck of the draw, very inconsistence. Went last week and they didn't have any smoked trout or ice cream, both which they have been selling for quite some time. I think it was better in the old building across the parking lot and now a bit hi-so and less of a co-op feel. Still go in search of rainbow swiss chard, fennel and other exotics for here and the pppl. (perhaps hill tribes) selling in the parking lot can have some nice stuff too.

But the stuff sold outside is what you would find anywhere, i.e. not free of over-dosing with chemicals etc - am I right about this?

You know they also have the Queens restaurant on huay kaew road just before phuping police station as you are coming down from Doi suthep located on the left hand side they use all the produce from the royal project some of the food is really good i have been going there for 7 years now and i always take my parents when they come to visit me my step mum alway raves on about the chocolate cake they do there.

That's worthwhile info. Is it thai food or western fare? If thai, is it authentically so or adapted for farang tastes?

Never seen any farrang except me and my family in there until the other day after i put up the post lol .

but they do use all the vegetables from the royal project which they are crispy and nice and mainly thai food the pork steak is very nice and the restaurant is not cheap but fairly priced for the quality of the food.

Edited by rakchaingmai

A vague memory is stirred...!

Can you direct me a bit nearer? I'm not on that road very often. If i go up to the zoo and do a u-turn there and now come back towards town, about how long before the restaurant? Any landmarks to look out for before the restaurant? I've a feeling i've been there before, is it quite big, up on a second floor, sort of squarish building?

I imagine that the stuff outside is not chem free as found in most places but what is diff. is I usually find avacoados, nice mushrooms and other produce that is less often avail. I know not perfect but then again lots of the organic foodstuffs in Thailand would not satisfy many ppls. def.