Draught Beer For The Home

whistleblower

Not sure if you can buy them but I have rented them before (for parties) and that was done through the distributor. I remember I did it through Carlsberg (a while ago) and I think it was Heineken more recently.

If you order enough, you likely will get a little beer girl thrown in........................wink.png

Not sure if you can buy them but I have rented them before (for parties) and that was done through the distributor. I remember I did it through Carlsberg (a while ago) and I think it was Heineken more recently.

If you order enough, you likely will get a little beer girl thrown in........................wink.png

Dont think the wife will like that LOL

I dont want it for a party, i just want to buy one so i can have draught beer at home.

you do realise that as soon as you pop open a keg it has a shelf life of days; you will need to sink a lot of beer in a week for it not to end up costing you 1000 baht a pint before you even count the cost of gas etc

Calculated that but you can get the 15 liter (30 pint) kegs and it wont take me long to polish off one of those

you do realise that as soon as you pop open a keg it has a shelf life of days; you will need to sink a lot of beer in a week for it not to end up costing you 1000 baht a pint before you even count the cost of gas etc

If you're using one of those CO2 pumps instead of the normal hand pump tap it will last longer

The distributor who sells you the beer (15l) will have a plastic cooler with stainless tubes inside and a tap on the outside. You fill the cooler with ice and water and voila. They will also rent you the gas bottle.

if you can find the Veltins/Erdinger distributor they will rent you an electric cooler. Heineken/Tiger as well maybe if you buy their beer.

Edited by VocalNeal

There is a german beerhouse in the Sukhumvit ( don't know the exact address, me think it is Soi 22 ) I once met the owner on a party. He is brewing his own beer (!!) which tastes REALLY well , a classic medium dark draft beer. I remember he said that you can buy small kegs as well as large ones from him for parties or to drink it at home. I will have to contact a buddy in Bangkok for the exact address and will post it here as soon as I get hold of it.

All Veltins, Paulaner or Erdinger beers are WEIZENBIER ( light Wheat-beer ) which does actually does not taste like a Heineken/Carlsberg brand Lager or Pils beer.

I am working on retrieving the adress of the brewmaster in Bangkok and his tasty draft beer. And yes, he has kegs, coolers and all the outfit.

Calculated that but you can get the 15 liter (30 pint) kegs and it wont take me long to polish off one of those

10 days for 1 European who doesn't like beer.

2 days for 2 alcis maybe less if they are heavy with well trained liver....

very manageable amount......Just the amount a real Bavarian needs to flush down the pork leg in the heat of lunch time....

Prost

Many thanks for all the replies

Just a quick last one, if you do go the whole distance and get your barrel and cooler, you will find that there will be a lot of wastage on the first draw of the day. It has something to do with the ambient temperature dropping just that one degree overnight. Best to finish the barrel before turning in!

Also be careful when cleaning the pipes that you have the correct cleaner and that it is diluted correctly. Apart from that, enjoy.....burp.gif

Just a quick last one, if you do go the whole distance and get your barrel and cooler, you will find that there will be a lot of wastage on the first draw of the day. It has something to do with the ambient temperature dropping just that one degree overnight. Best to finish the barrel before turning in!

Also be careful when cleaning the pipes that you have the correct cleaner and that it is diluted correctly. Apart from that, enjoy.....burp.gif

Thanks for the tips. Have actually sent emails to thai bev and boonrawd to see if i can get one from them. I do a lot of entertaining at home so it will definately get used.

post-86620-0-73044100-1341474116_thumb.jpost-86620-0-47402200-1341474140_thumb.j

Thanks for the tips. Have actually sent emails to thai bev and boonrawd to see if i can get one from them. I do a lot of entertaining at home so it will definately get used.

post-86620-0-73044100-1341474116_thumb.jpost-86620-0-47402200-1341474140_thumb.j

Love it, where do you live?

Gotta get me one of these clap2.gif

Ok whitleblower, here is the adress !! The place is called Tawandaeng, is on the corner of Naraithiwat Road / Rama 3 Road. The brewmaster's name is Jochen. Lots of Taxidrivers know the place.

I bet you will like the fresh draught beer, though it is a bit off the normal bottled stuff. And yes he has kegs & Cooler & Tap equipment.

Love it, where do you live?

Gotta get me one of these clap2.gif

oh , and how do you fill the tower ? With beer from bottles ???? Where is the trick, i don't see any kegs in the photo !? Or is it only me ?