British Passport Renewal: Photos Over A Month Old

Purely out of curiosity, has there ever been any case of photos accompanying an application to Hong Kong being rejected because of their age (as distinct from non-compliance with criteria relating to background colour, photo/head size, etc)?

Many thanks for the responses, particularly those from ExpatJ and 1huahin which suggest that I would be unlikely to experience any difficulty with the photos I obtained as an emergency during my last UK visit in April for my passport renewal early next year, by which time they will be 9 months old! I do, however, still intend seeing whether I can obtain photos complying with all IPS requirements here in LOS nearer the time, but it is clear from other threads that this will probably prove an uphill task at best.

I would suggest you take yourself as photo places will almost always change background color to blue (even it you had them taken with white or cream backing). I know US is not a fussy but I have not had any problem using my own for last two passports.

Many thanks for the responses, particularly those from ExpatJ and 1huahin which suggest that I would be unlikely to experience any difficulty with the photos I obtained as an emergency during my last UK visit in April for my passport renewal early next year, by which time they will be 9 months old! I do, however, still intend seeing whether I can obtain photos complying with all IPS requirements here in LOS nearer the time, but it is clear from other threads that this will probably prove an uphill task at best.

Where are you located? In Bangkok, there is a department store (Central or Robinson) opposite the entrance to Soi Thompson (behind wirelessroad). The photoshop inside the department store knows the requirements for UK passports.

Where are you located? In Bangkok, there is a department store (Central or Robinson) opposite the entrance to Soi Thompson (behind wirelessroad). The photoshop inside the department store knows the requirements for UK passports.

In Rayong Province. The thread on the Pattaya sub-forum at

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/458528-uk-passport-photos-in-pattaya/ referred to photoshop problems being experienced by Brits in even that particular expat hotspot 15 months ago. Not sure whether matters have improved in the meantime, but if difficulties do still exist in Pattaya, they will surely only be magnified here! Looks like I may have to find an excuse for a trip to Bangkok in the New Year, therefore.

Don't worry unless you recently have put a Man. United tattoo on your forehead. rolleyes.gif

No danger of that. But won’t my Man City one cause probs?