Help Needed Finding An Old Thread About Formula 1

millwall_fan

Someone started a thread about the possibility of Formula 1 racing starting in Chiang Mai about a week ago (posted 4th July) There was a wonderful post on this thread about how the electrics would work - this being Thailand. something about the whole race being run off one 2 pin plug with wires dangling at head height etc etc. Anyway it was one of the funniest (because of the plausibility) posts I've read on here for sometime. I've tried the search function but cant find the thread and I want to send it to a mate whose in the F1 business (well he's a journalist who covers motoring issues). Can anyone clever in these things point me in the right direction? Thankx

Found this on that thread hope it helps

"

I have a mental picture of a diesel generator behind the pits with a long line of extension cables all plugged into one socket and each pit having an extension hanging thru the back window at about waist height."

Thankyou both! Yes that's the one! One of the cleverest and most erudite posts on this forum for a long time!! A few words paint a fabulous picture!