Pattaya Hotel For Kids Reco Wanted

samsiam

Anyone have a good recommendation for good hotel currently in Pattaya for family.

Can be connecting rooms or 2 bedroom type, must have good pool, slides would be nice and beachfront preferred....not off in the sticks anywhere please.

Oh....and not ridiculously expensive.

Kids club might be an advantage also if possible.

Used to stay at Hard Rock....but family room is 10k baht and the main attraction...the big inflatable donut in the pool...was not there last time.

Oh and also...does anyone know the name of the hotel at the pier end of walking st....down where all the boats park and I think there is a star bucks there....there is an entry right from the hotel onto that end of walking st....it is a big hotel, not as in high....large grounds, big pool and such.

Centara Grand is probably your best bet. If you get a 'club' room you get all day snacks included. Also a good idea to go in the middle of the week to avoid weekenders. This place CAN be rather uncomfortable when it's packed (where it then feels more like an overcrowded waterpark).

:)

if you are willing to consider Jomtien, and if your budget is tight, why not try Pinnacle Jomtien Resort & Spa. It's less than 2000 BHT per night and there are bungalows or rooms, kids pool and a large garden and beach access.

Thanks for the reco's....Centara looks like it ticks all the boxes....family rooms are quite small...but we never spend much time in them except to sleep...so might be ok.......pools look awesome, great for me..the kids I mean and have a kids club to dump them for a few hours if needed.

Cheers.

Hey Sam ... I don't know much about Pattaya Hotels, but often use this company for booking any Hotel in Thailand.

HotelsCombined search through all most of the single company hotel discount sites and brings them together on one readable page.

I did a sample search for a 2 night mid-week stay for next week here so you can see the various options available.

Being an Aussie, I always cross reference to wotif and the Hotel site itself.

Hope that helps a little.

• Like 1

Who in their right mind would take children to Pattaya, I mean for crying out LOUD.

Completely clueless!

There is probably more to see, do, eat, etc. for children in the Pattaya area than the rest of Thailand combined, also an abundance of quality medical facilities should the need arise, shops for everything a child could need, parents on holiday with kids couldn't have it any better!

But i guess if your knowledge of Pattaya is limited to a few small areas that suit your own personal tastes - then you would not know this!

• Like 1

Who in their right mind would take children to Pattaya, I mean for crying out LOUD.

You might mean the knobs that take their young kids to bars and gogo areas......luckily they can be very easily avoided....even if the hotel is on Beach Rd......been there done that.

East Sea Resort part 4 http://www.eastsearesort.net/Paradise.htm

Get the connecting rooms in the middle of the swimming pool.... It's North Pattaya Naklua so a bit of distance from Walking Street and 5 minutes to the beach (no that I recommend swimming in Pattaya)

I've stayed there with my 4 year old daughter and they allow small dogs.

East Sea Resort part 4 http://www.eastseare...et/Paradise.htm

Get the connecting rooms in the middle of the swimming pool.... It's North Pattaya Naklua so a bit of distance from Walking Street and 5 minutes to the beach (no that I recommend swimming in Pattaya)

What price is it?

East Sea Resort part 4 http://www.eastseare...et/Paradise.htm

What price is it?

wOw I notice the rates have gone from the website... i paid 1850 last year but there is a Hi/Lo season and there were 3 different prices for part 4. Parts 1 (bungalows) and 2 are cheaper as is 3 but there are years of difference in the build of each part. I wouldn't go lower than stage 3 with a kid.

Edited by 2unique

Completely clueless!

There is probably more to see, do, eat, etc. for children in the Pattaya area than the rest of Thailand combined, also an abundance of quality medical facilities should the need arise, shops for everything a child could need, parents on holiday with kids couldn't have it any better!

But i guess if your knowledge of Pattaya is limited to a few small areas that suit your own personal tastes - then you would not know this!

Never been to Pattaya and never intend to! From what i've heard and read about the place anyone that takes children there is irresponsible and a sorry excuse for a parent. For crying out loud!

As i suspected - completely clueless.

• Like 2

Completely clueless!

Never been to Pattaya and never intend to! From what i've heard and read about the place anyone that takes children there is irresponsible and a sorry excuse for a parent. For crying out loud!

please accept my apology.

Completely clueless!

yeah, i hear you! i know exactly what you mean! I personally have never been out of the house, and from what i have read about the world in the newspapers and seen on tv, i certainly don't intend to.

People who go outside are irresponsible and deserve everything they get.

people like us know the deal. the rest are fools.

• Like 2

If a poll was set up,the truth would prevail.....

If by truth you mean uninformed opinions then yup.

Going for a weekend or fortnight to Pattaya or most places hardly ever qualifies a person to pass judgement on what's on offer for families who choose to reside there. Then again most people don't consider from Regents School to Horseshoe Point to Naklua to Jomtien or Maprachan to be Pattaya. Only Walking Street, 2nd road and Beach Rd. That's like judging Bangkok by the strip from Asok to Nana so I can see why residents get so pissed off with the throwaway disparaging comments from the great unwashed.

Sent from Android, please excuse errors in type or judgement.

• Like 1

If a poll was set up,the truth would prevail.....

If by truth you mean uninformed opinions then yup.

Going for a weekend or fortnight to Pattaya or most places hardly ever qualifies a person to pass judgement on what's on offer for families who choose to reside there. Then again most people don't consider from Regents School to Horseshoe Point to Naklua to Jomtien or Maprachan to be Pattaya. Only Walking Street, 2nd road and Beach Rd. That's like judging Bangkok by the strip from Asok to Nana so I can see why residents get so pissed off with the throwaway disparaging comments from the great unwashed.

Sent from Android, please excuse errors in type or judgement.

Dont you really mean

" the great unwashed troll".

It has never been to Pattaya but passes comments like

" irresponsible and a sorry excuse for a parent"

Edited by MB1

YES.

I would, and I have. The Pattaya area is just the most convenient beach getaway, incl. Ko Larn, Jomtien and points further South. And Pattaya has plenty good hotels that are very affordable. Good place for the family, more so than being in some basic hut on a far away island. (which I also enjoy, but with kids it's good to have some modern conveniences around, and there is a lot of non-beach kid stuff to do in the area too.

LOL.. Anyway, by your own admission you don't know what you're talking about. Nothing wrong with that, but it's kind of funny to still hold a strongly felt opinion. rolleyes.gif Would probably be fruitless to even discuss it unless you visit sometime, with kids. I can recommend some good hotels, beaches, kids entertainment and restaurants.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Sam ... apparently your apology was not accepted.

Apologies to LennyW for removing your excellent reply ... just too many quotes "quoted" ... if you know what I mean tongue.png

Sam ... apparently your apology was not accepted.

Apologies to LennyW for removing your excellent reply ... just too many quotes "quoted" ... if you know what I mean tongue.png

Saw that....and while I most likely would not choose Pattaya as a destination resort for family and kids.....taking into consideration all the varying factors of why someone might take family and kids to Pattaya.....then you can easily do so and avoid all the hot spots....we have done so seceral times.

Even staying at Siam Bayshore....which is basically at the end of walking st...you can still miss the entire naughty areas.

But, Pattaya does have some nice attractions...the beach is the closest for us to spend a few days....while not perfect, the Jomtien section or has been quite fine. The seafood restaurants away from Walking St are excellent and hotels such as Hard Rock and now the Centara are great destination places for kids to have a great time there for days at a time.....this will only increase as the cartoon network facility comes on line.

So for us, it was a choice because I need to do some business there for a day and it is the closest beach to us.....simple really.....plus the Centara where we will most likely stay will be a lot of fun for them and the kids clubs are great for both kids and parents........we often put the kids in there for a few hours and sneak off for an uninhibited noisy shag.

Bugger......Centara Grand booked out...tried for days on several sites...missus even rang direct...apparently booked out for July...could not get a room til around 12 Aug.

So...settled for Discovery beach, connecting rooms with brekky for 4800b.