Question/advice About Usa Will

A USA friend of mine is naming me in his will; the will is a USA will and I am an American.

I have a US address that I do use (at least for now) and a Thailand address; I intend the Thailand address to be my "permanant address."

He has asked me which address and phone number he should use for the USA will.

I am more likely to be contacted at the Thai address as that is where I will be living, but is there any legal/financial reason why I should advise he use the US address instead?

Not sure if this topic is categorized properly ...

A USA friend of mine is naming me in his will; the will is a USA will and I am an American.

I have a US address that I do use (at least for now) and a Thailand address; I intend the Thailand address to be my "permanant address."

He has asked me which address and phone number he should use for the USA will.

I am more likely to be contacted at the Thai address as that is where I will be living, but is there any legal/financial reason why I should advise he use the US address instead?

Not sure if this topic is categorized properly ...

Based on what you've related above, it wouldn't make any difference. If he's naming you as a heir, your inheritance will not be subject to income tax anyway. If he's naming you as an administrator, all that matters is that you be easily reached. There are no residency requirements (or tax consequences) to being an administrator under a will.