Selective Police Bar Crackdown...Again!

JackPineSavage

^^ I think you'll find all Americans in Cmai claim to be serious ex-Special Forces...even the BogLady and hubby who get real serious and uptight about loo facilities and bog paper at the annual 4th of July hot dog sessions...Depend-ing!!

It's not just Americans, believe me!!

• 2 weeks later...

What the boys from Pattaya were up for the weekend?

Yes as I recall they were Cobra Gold. By no means wishing to diminish these guys but the only direct Special Forces link was that they were training with Thai Special Forces and staying with the Thai special Forces camp at Mae Rim. I know one guy was a sniper instructor and they had some Korean Special Forces, and US Special Forces there at the same time.

You should understand that all ex servicemen in Chiang Mai are ex special forces. No-one was merely an infantryman, a signalman or in the catering corps.

I hope all of you understand that the above was a light hearted comment about the fact that in my experience, some ex-servicemen in Chiang Mai are apt embellish their military careers a tad. It should not be taken as a slur on the integrity of the ex servicemen of any country who served their nations in a whole manner of roles.

^^ I think you'll find all Americans in Cmai claim to be serious ex-Special Forces...even the BogLady and hubby who get real serious and uptight about loo facilities and bog paper at the annual 4th of July hot dog sessions...Depend-ing!!

It's not just Americans, believe me!!

As with MF - Just joshing! I hope no-one seriously thought that all ex-servicemen claim to be ex-special forces! A few though, are prone to exaggeration.

Actually, Paagai, you judge very quickly. One post only for me, but over a decade living here.Racking up a count of comments does does make one's comments valid.

And for your information, I pointed out a past incident, not a recommendation, of how those police ended up in the hospital after harrassing a group of US special forces at a Lois Kroh bar.

Total rubbish and I am accusing you of telling porky pies.

My son, a Chiang Mai policeman is presently on the case as part of the team with the controlling of these Loi Kroh road establishments, has been for sometime and I can tell you that no such incident as you described ever took place

Wrong mate, one of my bar staff was at the bar described and she told me the story, just as described, insults scuffle, more indults, brawl, 2 shots, gun confiscated and handed back at HQ in the morning....plus the events over the next 3 days where the soldiers we supposed to be confined to quarters but they managed to go out a few nights (with my staffer), although well away from Loi Kroh.

Actually, Paagai, you judge very quickly. One post only for me, but over a decade living here.Racking up a count of comments does does make one's comments valid.

And for your information, I pointed out a past incident, not a recommendation, of how those police ended up in the hospital after harrassing a group of US special forces at a Lois Kroh bar.

My son, a Chiang Mai policeman is presently on the case as part of the team with the controlling of these Loi Kroh road establishments, has been for sometime and I can tell you that no such incident as you described ever took place

Wrong mate, one of my bar staff was at the bar described and she told me the story, just as described, insults scuffle, more indults, brawl, 2 shots, gun confiscated and handed back at HQ in the morning....plus the events over the next 3 days where the soldiers we supposed to be confined to quarters but they managed to go out a few nights (with my staffer), although well away from Loi Kroh.

Really?

As usual with these so-called events, it`s so and so witnessed what happened at the so and so bar, and so and so told me, Mr X owner of another so and so bar which was confirmed by the brave little soldiers who took on the nasty policeman in that so and so bar at the time.

I suggest if it`s that easy to overpower the police and stand up for your rights, than all the bar owners should do this more often.

Problem solved and good luck to all that sail in her.

If you want to convince people, than give some facts, otherwise this is just another, a man told me in a bar story.

Edited by Beetlejuice

If you want to convince people, than give some facts, otherwise this is just another, a man told me in a bar story.

Isn't a "man told me in a bar" story just like a TV poster saying it must be true because my son is a policeman story? coffee1.gif

You do have your moments. rolleyes.gif

Isn't a "man told me in a bar" story just like a TV poster saying it must be true because my son is a policeman story? coffee1.gif

If I remember correctly , some posters on this thread made mention to photos taken for the newspaper, or photos taken,,,,, then how about elaborating more on those posts. Like a link to the newspaper story or a link to a photo taken, etc....

If there is a link or a photo posted then we can all assume it wasn't a Hollywood made up screen shoot.

How about a link or some further back up rather than just he said , she said stories

G

I couldn’t give a rat’s behind if members believe my son is a policeman, the Pope or the King of Sweden. My point is that he says no such event took place and what’s been discussed here is all hearsay.

So over to you.

An Oxymoron I think is the term that Diamond Kings is alluding to'

I've met more retired Government Hit men, EX SAS, Ex Navy Seals and mercenaries than I have any other profession in ChIang Mai, where do the retired accountants and civil servants go to die?

I thought they were all in Pattaya.coffee1.gif

An Oxymoron I think is the term that Diamond Kings is alluding to'

I've met more retired Government Hit men, EX SAS, Ex Navy Seals and mercenaries than I have any other profession in ChIang Mai, where do the retired accountants and civil servants go to die?

Old accountants never die, we merely lose our balance ! Although I myself blame the Chang-Draft and Sang-Som. rolleyes.gif

Really?

As usual with these so-called events, it`s so and so witnessed what happened at the so and so bar, and so and so told me, Mr X owner of another so and so bar which was confirmed by the brave little soldiers who took on the nasty policeman in that so and so bar at the time.

I suggest if it`s that easy to overpower the police and stand up for your rights, than all the bar owners should do this more often.

Problem solved and good luck to all that sail in her.

Still wrong, neither you or your son were there., no bar owners did anything, it was all customers. experienced soldiers verses young drunk off-duty police, easy to see who would win.It's hard to believe there's anyone denying it happened.

Nothing so-so about it, I heard it first hand from 2 people the next night. What facts do you need, bullet-holes?

Still wrong, neither you or your son were there., no bar owners did anything, it was all customers. experienced soldiers verses young drunk off-duty police, easy to see who would win.It's hard to believe there's anyone denying it happened.

Nothing so-so about it, I heard it first hand from 2 people the next night. What facts do you need, bullet-holes?

A fact is a fact when it becomes substantiated.

I think this thread has run it`s course.

Next.

How many bars are allowing smoking again? Last saturday I hear (on the grapevine) the undercover police on Loi Kroh apparently were going bar to bar gleefully fining bars for allowing smoking inside and loud music..

How many bars are allowing smoking again? Last saturday I hear (on the grapevine) the undercover police on Loi Kroh apparently were going bar to bar gleefully fining bars for allowing smoking inside and loud music..

good job right? why should non-smokers suffer the secondary effects of selfish smokers? go outside and kill yourself what's the big deal

If I remember correctly , some posters on this thread made mention to photos taken for the newspaper, or photos taken,,,,, then how about elaborating more on those posts. Like a link to the newspaper story or a link to a photo taken, etc....

If there is a link or a photo posted then we can all assume it wasn't a Hollywood made up screen shoot.

How about a link or some further back up rather than just he said , she said stories

G

Gonzo

May have been me.

Cannot find all the links but here is one but in Thai, some of the fllow up comments are a laugh and a half quite a few pages of dribble and not one Thai in the bar at the time other than "staff" and owners wife, I don't think they made any of the posts. Almost like Thaivisabiggrin.png

As I said though, there was no follow up report (i looked at the time), you will note Flash Bar as per my earlier comment, and again no photo's with lots of guys in uniforms and ribbons, this all died a silent death.

Now you know the big secret....."it happenned"

http://www.cm108.com...ca-uoacaoaaeae/

Edited by mamborobert

I digress.....

You could also ask Jason who used to own the Flash Bar, he has sold it but I stil think he has the small "alfresco" bar across from Mike's hamburger joint. He probably even has a recording. Flash Bar had two cameras set up covering the bar after Jason was injured by a "patron". The cameras were in plain view if you looked in the corners. It always then suprised me when a few long term 50 plus year old expats (may have missed an "s" there) and their girlfriends/wives had a blue in the bar (two that I saw involved fisticuffs, and one a slash) still drank there. They new the cameras were there and still after a few sherberts were unable to act with a modicum of decency, apart from the fact that do not take your wife to a girly bar, and if you do, do not act suprised and offer mock excuses "must have mistaken me for someone else, with the same name, same nationality, also circumsized" when all of the bar "staff" know you name

• Like 1

I think I'm with Beetlejuice on this one, but happy to be corrected if someone can prove the incident took place. Given the supposed newspaper articles and photos that "exist", I'm sure it shouldn't be too hard to prove.

Special Forces sitting in a CM bar and telling you they are Special Forces...also highly doubtful.

You been had...but they enjoyed the free beer.

I think I'm with Beetlejuice on this one, but happy to be corrected if someone can prove the incident took place. Given the supposed newspaper articles and photos that "exist", I'm sure it shouldn't be too hard to prove.

Special Forces sitting in a CM bar and telling you they are Special Forces...also highly doubtful.

You been had...but they enjoyed the free beer.

And once more for the audience at home.

http://www.cm108.com...ca-uoacaoaaeae/

It happened but nothing like the op posted.....

And there were no free drinks.

Jason (the then owner, i love you man if you are reading this) is as tight as a fishes arsehol_e at ten fathoms

Edited by mamborobert
  • Like 1