1St Class Insurance, Which Company To Use ?

We have had our Ford pick up for nearly 1 year now, so time to buy some insurance again.

Ford gave us 1 year 1st class as part of the deal, like most car companies do.

For the last 3 months we seem to have been getting called by numerous companies telling us that we must renew early (for 1 reason or another). As we all know, Thais will believe anything, so this scared my wife initially until I pointed out that it was their sales technique !!!

So to my question, as we have nearly a month to get this sorted, which company do you use and why ?

Plus, what are some of the ways to lower the premiums, like named drivers etc ?

Appreciate your views on this as I have never bought insurance in Thailand before.

I use Viriyah Insurance and not had any problems - just renewed for year for 20k baht. Did have a claim on them a year ago after an accident which was my fault. Their assessor was with us in 30 mins and everything was sorted out quickly with no problems.

Ok, so no one wants to share which company they use !!!

What about approximate price ?? I have 2 quotes between 17200 and 19500 baht...

Does this seem reasonable, a simple yes or no answer will do smile.png

Previously I had ThaiSri Insurance for several years on my previous car and their customer service and pricing was fine. Just never had to submit a claim so can't comment on that.

When I got my new car I got Viriya Insurance due to Honda having them at their dealership. They are excellent as I did have to go through an accident claim and they handled every single detail very professionally. The quote range you show is about right for the age and type of vehicle.

I Like AXA or QBE both have English speaking staff and are reliable with good network

Before i used Thai Paiboon(i think thats the name and spelling), good and cheap, but no one speaks English and network of repair shops very limited

Avoid the really cheap Thai name ones,(sorry do not recall the name) once was hit by a truck who was insured by one of those.

Had to take the car to their repair shop, got the car back with extra 1000km on the clock, broken alarm, paint on the rims and wheels, both sides of the car scratched from the road stones or being somewhere off road and could not prove a thing.

Oh, forgot...

Viriya are quoting cover that only includes 300k for each 3rd party is that normal ?

Yes often less. You can some time's up that at a price. I use AXA and have just renewed did it this time with just me as the named driver and saved over 4,000bt. I have a 3 year old Fortuner guaranteed price for full claim just short of 1 mil: bt cost as said owner driver 15,700bt. Edited by fredob43

Oh, forgot...

Viriya are quoting cover that only includes 300k for each 3rd party is that normal ?

Yes often less. You can some time's up that at a price. I use AXA and have just renewed did it this time with just me as the named driver and saved over 4,000bt. I have a 3 year old Fortuner guaranteed price for full claim just short of 1 mil: bt cost as said owner driver 15,700bt.

I made a bloomer I use AIOI BKK insurance and not AXA their phone no: is 026208000 I have found them spot on. And they speak English.