Yingluck Evades The Issue Of Being Under Thaksin's Shadow

webfact

Yingluck evades the issue of being under Thaksin's shadow

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on Wednesday tried to skirt around a direct question whether her brother Thaksin had the control over her government.

"I work by precribed procedures and under the Cabinet," she said.

The question came up following the circulation of an audio clip which House Speaker Somsak Kiatsuranont had conceded about Thaksin's domination over the party, government and legislative affairs.

Somsak reportedly confided to his supporters during his birthday party on June 23 in Phetchabun.

Yingluck said although Somsak has yet to confirm about the audio clip, she wanted to clarify to the public that her government operated in accordance with the rules.

Commenting on the judicial inquiry on the charter amendment bill, she said she was not distracted by the litigation because she was confident about a just verdict based on factual evidence.

She said she would abide by the judicial decision upon the completion of the inquiry.

Legal issues in connection with charter change were under the jurisdiction of Parliament, she said, hinting the government had no involvement in charting the next step regardless of the inquiry outcome.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-07-05

Yingluck said although Somsak has yet to confirm about the audio clip, she wanted to clarify to the public that her government operated in accordance with the rules.

It does not mean that Big brother does not send his instructions.

If in accordance with the rules, how come members of her government meet on a regular basis with TS?

Spill the beans, Madame Prime Minister, and you will gain a lot of credibility

I am just glad there is at least one reporter with the balls to ask direct uncomfortable questions, I just wish they all would. I doubt there is a rule that says the government cannot be under the thumb of a fugitive criminal ex prime minister who issues instructions from 3000 miles away, so her answer of 'the Government operated in accordance with the rules' is likely to be rather economical with the truth.

• Like 2

I like these words associated with P.M. Yingluck, AVOIDING-EVADING-Turning a blind eye, more important business to attend, Does the cabinet inform her??? or does she inform the cabinet, or do they all conform to the man from afar ???

It is at least widely suspected that the PM is the fugitive ex PM's puppet, wasnt one of the party slogans during the election something like Thaksin thinks PTP acts.

And she as Thaksins clone (or was it clown?)

"Yingluck evades the issue of being under Thaksin's shadow"

A clear case of Thaks in evasion.

...and the answer follows right on: Pansak Vinyaratn, the former chief political adviser to ousted Prime Miister Thaksin Shinawatra, has reappeared in the same role for the Pheu Thai government headed by Thaksin’s sister Yingluck, according to a government spokesman. (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/567565-chief-thaksin-advisor-now-yinglucks-guru/)

If there is anyone who does not believe that Thaksin is running this government, then they are seriously deluded..

I've got a list somewhere tongue.png It just surprises me they haven't put in an appearance yet

Edited by Mosha

Yingluck said

"Yingluck said although Somsak has yet to confirm about the audio clip, she wanted to clarify to the public that her government operated in accordance with the rules."

To bad there isn't a rule that says the government must do it's utmost for the bettering of it's citizens.

Yingluck said

"Yingluck said although Somsak has yet to confirm about the audio clip, she wanted to clarify to the public that her government operated in accordance with the rules."

To bad there isn't a rule that says the government must do it's utmost for the bettering of it's citizens.

Rule number 27. It is perfectly acceptable for members of the government to hand out the phone numbers of judges who don't agree with them to rabid mobs

If in accordance with the rules, how come members of her government meet on a regular basis with TS?

she is the mouth piece for Thaksin

Edited by metisdead
: Font reset, use the default font when posting, Arial size 14.

she is the mouth piece for Thaksin

I'm sure Chuwit had more intelligent personnel

As far as I am aware, every other Cabinet in the world works for their respective Prime Minister. The buck stops with the PRIME Minister!

Edited by GentlemanJim
  • Like 1

As far as I am aware, every other Cabinet in the world works for their respective Prime Minister. The buck stops with the PRIME Minister!

Yes, she is the head of the government, she is meant to be the one with her hand on the helm at the head of the ship, not the rudder at the back.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

From the OP:

- "I work by precribed procedures and under the Cabinet," she said.

- she wanted to clarify to the public that her government operated in accordance with the rules.

- she was confident about a just verdict based on factual evidence.

- She said she would abide by the judicial decision upon the completion of the inquiry.

- Legal issues in connection with charter change were under the jurisdiction of Parliament, she said, hinting the government had no involvement in charting the next step regardless of the inquiry outcome.

The PM, the cabinet, the government, the parliament and k. Thaksin. So, after all this, who is in charge?

Yingluck said

Rule number 27. It is perfectly acceptable for members of the government to hand out the phone numbers of judges who don't agree with them to rabid mobs

Sorry I forgot that one.sad.png

If there is anyone who does not believe that Thaksin is running this government, then they are seriously deluded..

Well, your argument is predicated upon 1 important assumption, that someone is actually running the show. whistling.gif

Discuss amongst yourselves.

• Like 1

Well, your argument is predicated upon 1 important assumption, that someone is actually running the show. whistling.gif

He would make a good juggler though, or cat herder.

As 2011 came to an end, Bangkok Daily's lead political reporter rang up the Thai PM Yingluck and asked what the PM would like for Christmas.

PM Yingluck responded that it would not be proper to receive anything from the media, as it was a conflict of interest. However the reporter pressed her strongly.

Finally, the PM replied, well perhaps a small box of imported crystallised fruit would be appropriate. The reporter seemed bemused, but thereafter the PM's handlers ended the call and both parties went on their way.

2 weeks later, the Bangkok Daily special presentation issue 2011 came out. Focusing on the flooding and election milestone, in the section entitled "Wishes for Christmas" the following appeared:

"Selected dignitaries offered their wishes for Christmas. Former Prime Minister Abhisit wished for an end to the political suffering and a bridging of the divide between yellow and red shirts and the general populace. The UK Ambassador hoped for swift relief and plans to deal with the flooding crisis in future in Thailand. The Palace issued a desire that all Thais join hands to enjoy a year of prosperity and success. And finally, PM Yingluck wished for a small box of imported crystallised fruit."

Is she in touch with her inner vassel.

Doubtful.