Going To Loei Town, Any Advice Welcome :)

sidjameson

Taking a night bus from Bk on the crazy mission of meeting a girl. :)

Will arrive Loei town at the bus terminal.

Is there a clean place to stay near the terminal?

Anything to do there or will I be very bored? Well that also depends on the girl of course. :)

Any must see near the town accessible with public transport?

Search this forum about Loei.

Bus terminal is 3 minutes from down town and hotels. Everything depends on your budget. Check out trip advisor.

Not having a vehicle makes things very restrictive. Loei is not a tourist town and there aren't many Farangs. In a nutshell without vehicle you'll be bored. Suppose the lakes worth a walk, there's a night street food market near the lake. One farang restaurant, one or two local discos.

If you had wheels Chiang Khan on the Mekong is quiet nice. It's a semi traditional village on the banks of the river. Phu Ruea is also nice up in the mountains. Beautiful scenery and the odd winery.

Loei is surrounded with some beautiful scenery and places. But Loei itself is sleepy.

The bus station is on the south side of Loei. Normally there are some sky lab (3 wheeled motorbike taxis) parked there. The Loei Palace is probably the best hotel in Loei. It has a swimming pool and the rooms include breakfast. If you book online, it should be a little over 1,000 baht per night. If you want a decent hotel at a much better price, the King Hotel downtown will suit you fine. It has no swimming pool.

If there are no sky lab taxis available at the bus station, call your girlfriend and she will no doubt arrange for one to pick you up. They will all know where the Loei palace or the King Hotel are located.

Oops, it gets sleepier. Turns out she is in Nong in.

I get off the bus 40km before Loei.

She says there is a 'resort' in town. Resort sounds expensive to my western trained ear. :) Any one know nong In's accomadation options?

I guess unless she is a real keeper it will be a short stay. :)

Oops, it gets sleepier. Turns out she is in Nong in.

I get off the bus 40km before Loei.

She says there is a 'resort' in town. Resort sounds expensive to my western trained ear. smile.png Any one know nong In's accomadation options?

I guess unless she is a real keeper it will be a short stay. smile.png

Country "resorts" are very cheap around Loei. Range from 300 to 500 baht/night. Plenty of water, soap, towels, air con and some have mirrors on the ceiling. Enjoy.

Mate don't expect much when you hear the word resort. Chances are it will be no more than a few shacks.

Go with very low expectations. Take a good book and try to keep an open mind and enjoy a totally different lifestyle.