Any Vietnamese In Pattaya

JudyNguyen

Hi everyone,

I have been living in Pattaya for 7 months, and haven't met any Vietnamese here at all.

Except some Vietnamese young boys & girls who are working as a maid, sell things in market, work for Thai....and things

Anyone who is here with husband, expat husband and boyfriends or things like that

Let me know. We can be friends

I am here with my Aussie husband. Currently living in Jomtien

Cheers

J

^ I've seen VN tour groups at Swampy but never in Pattaya.

The VN I know that have come here for conferences don't know of any VN restaurants. I guess the nearest to one that could cater to tour groups would be Vientiane which has a few VN items on the menu.

There's a few Viet Kiew around that I've met but none that are solely VN nationals except the ones in the market the OP mentions.

There are a few Vietnamese restaurants in town and also some Thai style Vietnamese places. I didn't mean to say there weren't. What I said there were no Vietnamese restaurants catered to Vietnamese groups. Comparing to Korean restaurants. A number of those catering to Korean tour groups.

Vietnamese War era affects lingering? Thai bases supported a large part of the US effort against Vietnam. A quick check shows 30 day Visa On Arrival is authorized for Vietnam citizens.

Have you traveled in Vietnam? I have and was treated very well as an American in North Vietnam. And they didn't even know I had been an anti-war activist. I do not believe this has anything to do with the Vietnam war.

There are plenty of Vietnamese living in Pattaya. Obviously you won't notice them because they look the same as Thais. I know of one US expat living with his Vietnamese girl in Jomtien.

There's a prominent Vietnamese restaurant on floor 23 of Pattaya Hill Resort, Soi 2 Pratumnak Road called Le Saigon Restaurant. I haven't eaten there but it's been there for a long time.

There are plenty of Vietnamese living in Pattaya. Obviously you won't notice them because they look the same as Thais. I know of one US expat living with his Vietnamese girl in Jomtien.

There's a prominent Vietnamese restaurant on floor 23 of Pattaya Hill Resort, Soi 2 Pratumnak Road called Le Saigon Restaurant. I haven't eaten there but it's been there for a long time.

You won't find any Vietnamese eating in there though, not a second time anyway.

If that is true, it would most likely be related to price. I'm sure they pay big rent up there so you wouldn't expect the food to be cheap, would you? I've heard from a resident in the building that the food is good.

Edited by tropo

If that is true, it would most likely be related to price. I'm sure they pay big rent up there so you wouldn't expect the food to be cheap, would you? I've heard from a resident in the building that the food is good.

A Vietnamese resident?

It's related to the taste of the food, being Thaiised Vietnamese rather than Vietnamese.

A Vietnamese resident?

It's related to the taste of the food, being Thaiised Vietnamese rather than Vietnamese.

No, a Brit resident. Have you eaten there?

• 4 weeks later...

The Vietnamese restaurant in Central Mall (Saigon Cafe) is owned by the same people as the fancy place La Saigon. My understanding is the owners are Vietnamese who spent time in the USA. Some of their dishes have good Vietnamese flavor, some are overly Thai influenced. The pho is poor. The bun is good. It is not expensive at all! Definitely worth a try; they deserve support.

Also, they offer both Sriracha sauce and hoison sauce for your pho or bun which is something people used to Viet food in the USA will definitely appreciated. Sadly their pho doesn't taste like real pho broth to me (which involves a LONG process unlike Thai broths which are quick) and the beef quality is the usual Thai beef.

Edited by Jingthing