European Conmen Arrested In US$10 Million Thai Scam

webfact

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Poms used to hang out at Bobbys Arms pub in patpong 15 years ago learning their lines for their boiler room scam jobs.

They loved it.You could always spot these idiots as they always wore cheap pastel colour cotton shirts with a tie that didnt match and lived with isan bar prostitutes They looked like blue collar British grease monkeys who had never worn a suit before.

Thailand seems to have become the latest costa del sol. Rumours have it the Poms are moving on to the Phillipines. Lets hope its true.

• Like 2

The Poms used to hang out at Bobbys Arms pub in patpong 15 years ago learning their lines for their boiler room scam jobs.

They loved it.You could always spot these idiots as they always wore cheap pastel colour cotton shirts with a tie that didnt match and lived with isan bar prostitutes They looked like blue collar British grease monkeys who had never worn a suit before.

Thailand seems to have become the latest costa del sol. Rumours have it the Poms are moving on to the Phillipines. Lets hope its true.

Thum There are fighting words!

According to chief of immigration in Pattaya when to caught the Norwegian and Swedish Telemarketing Scam Center in Viking Hotel is not a crime in Thailand to scam people outside Thailand.

That later lead to a murder in Phuket of a former member of them.

Arrest all in that scam to and send this <Snip!> criminals home to the home country they have passports in.

Hate criminals in my country send them all home direct even if they only make small crimes.

Edited by metisdead
: Profanity removed.
  • Like 2

When in Thailand somebody says "make big money, short time" you have to be realise that you are about to be (censored)!

however the victims were not in Thailand.

what amuses me is the insistence that these guys are ripping off pensioners.

Common sense would dictate that pensioners would actually be less likely to fall for this than the 35-50 set who are in their earning and investing prime.

to the contrary it is CEO, M.D.'s, and company owners, professionals who generally get done.

having lived in thailand for years, i have encountered quite a few of these guys and the consensus seems to be that pensioners are few and far between on the list of victtims.

hahaha 65% in a short time, if you don't smell CON than no need to feel sorry for these crooks all together

You might wonder how they got the money in the first place. Smart businessman or just simply born with it,,,

It's not as if they're going to jail for any longer than it takes to throw 'em outta Thailand for working illegally so let's not get carried away here.

I've heard of people being thrown out and walking back into the country in the time it takes to get a new tourist visa.

You can see these types larging it at any number of upscale, farang-oriented bars & clubs in BKK. Just look for braying, shaven-headed poseurs in slacks and work-shirts around a table with a big bottle of Grey Goose. There'll usually be a gaggle of freelancers gyrating nearby too.

Correct , did they actually commit a crime here? I suspect they will be relieved of a lot of the cash before they get kicked out. Probably get tossed in the slammer till they transfer the funds to BIB welfare fund.

• Like 1

I've a Filipino friend who keeps trying to get me on these things... invest here, make THIS much. Too good to be true. Then he goes and shows me some numbers on a website. Good thing I'm not good at maths coz I couldn't give a flying f---. The only numbers I understand are the ones that are printed on the ATM slip when I deposit or withdraw money. If you can't show me that, then it's obviously fake.

They're only "victims" of their own greed and stupidity.

Anyone who gives brass to some anonymous bloke who just calls you out of the blue deserves little sympathy...

I agree with HeavyDrinker's post.

Unfortunately, it seems that these victims have never heard of the saying "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is". But greed is a powerful motivator which can affect the average person's logic and reasoning and henceforth they become "victims" of their own making. For example; if a gun was held to someone's head, the motivation to give up their money is obvious; yet when someone willingly hands over their money with deluded visions of dollar signs in their eyes, then the only motivation is greed. As for the problem with scam artists and conmen, the solution is simple; get rid of the "greedy fools" and they will no longer be a problem.

When I saw this I was hoping Brits were not involved but sadly 6 are. At least a couple of Americans and other types of Farangs are too...So that's good news.

So Brits are not the only Farang criminals you might be surprised to know. All manner of Farangs can be dishonest too. So, there you go.

Only 6 Brits out of 15 is quite good....Seriously. BKK is a Mecca for Dodgy Brits and other Dodgy Farangs too.

Brits just have organizing skills that make them more visible when they get caught you see...

Clever those Dodgy Brits...Bless 'em. Hearts of Gold they have. Just be dead careful though. wink.png

BKK ? Throughout Thailand , go to Pattaya it looks like Wormwood Scrubs, Strangeways , have had mass breakouts ! smile.png

Anyone who gives brass to some anonymous bloke who just calls you out of the blue deserves little sympathy...

Unfortunately, it seems that these victims have never heard of the saying "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is". But greed is a powerful motivator which can affect the average person's logic and reasoning and henceforth they become "victims" of their own making. For example; if a gun was held to someone's head, the motivation to give up their money is obvious; yet when someone willingly hands over their money with deluded visions of dollar signs in their eyes, then the only motivation is greed. As for the problem with scam artists and conmen, the solution is simple; get rid of the "greedy fools" and they will no longer be a problem.

Yes, you can;t cheat an honest man.

Yes, you can;t cheat an honest man.

So if someone is gullible/greedy, that means they are not honest. It's an interesting opinion I suppose!

JULIA GILLARD, cheesy.gif

BKK is a Mecca for Dodgy Brits

So is London....

I can't understand the bile here. It's not as though they've hurt anyone.

This is just another excuse for the TV membership to rant on about how holy and upstanding they are....

Agreed there is a lot of unnecessary bile being spouted by some Members of TV, a sad reflection on them. However, I disagree that what these people have done has not harmed anyone. There is a considerable sum of money that would appear to have been embezzled, which would make me inclined that there may have been some quite big investors. Some, no doubt having invested their retirement nest egg, hoping for handsome returns. Not only will the returns not materialize, but their nest egg, which has taken them all their working life to save has probably disappeared on fast cars, fast women and a life of larry for these scum. They should get the same sentence that Bernie Maddoff got in the USA - 100+ for the irreparable damage they have done to some innocent people's lives.

• Like 1

According to a local lawyer - two have died in jail, one last year and another just a week or two ago - both refused access to medical treatment. A former PM used to run 6 of these rooms in BKK. Greedy pricks -it only cost 2 grand to get a real TEFL certificate and you can get a real job !

My thoughts... Exactly!

How did these people manage to accumulate enough money to be tricked so easily?

Edited by bigbamboo

I smammed the scammers !!

A few years ago i was in loas vientienne and got talking to 2 africans who assured me they had a magic potion that could change a 5 dollar note into a 100 dollar note, they said come to our room and we can show you. So i went with them and they sure enough got a five dollar bill out poured chemical onto it and it changed into a 100 dollar bill, they said now do you beleive us ? i smelled a scam but thought i will play along with it !! so i said whats the deal, they said we have 1 million dollars that is in thailand that is locked away and is disguised as 5 dollar bills but is really 100 dollar bills and we need the key which we can tell you where the key is and the chemicals unfortunately we only have this 1 example and we dont have any more money to go and get the key and money and chemicals, but we are looking for a partner ( such as me ) to go get the money and split it with them, but i would have to leave a deposit of 10,000 dollars with them as security till i return and obviously i would then have 1/3 of a million dollars they said are you on board with us ? (so i thought i will play along with this ) so i said how do i know that the 100 dollar they just changed from a 5 dollar bill was genuine and would be accepted ? they said it would as they had done it before with a few notes, so i said let me make sure its a genuine note i said i would go into a bar and order a drink and see if they give me change but i needed 1 night also to sleep on the propositon they proposed i said i would have to take the 100 dollar note and try it out that night in a bar !! THE SCAMMERS FELL for MY SCAM !!

and THEY SAID OK !! so i walked out with a 100 dollar bill.

later that night i went to the bar in a lively place in vientienne and ordered a big loas beer and sure enough i got the change ended up pulling a gorgeous girl 20 years old a had a great time ( you can imagine ) and the next day ............ NEVER WENT BACK TO THE SCAMMERS THUS .........

I SCAMMED THE SCAMMERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!

only 10 thousand dollars

That's like saying it's a girls own fault if she gets raped. .

It's nothing of the sort.

Of course it is. You are effectively condoning their actions as some sort of victimless crime.

• Like 1

What these people are accused of is lying to the public (potential clients). I don't like that, but is it illegal in Thailand?!

If that was an offence in Thailand, why don't they go after the marketing directors of listed companies. I can prove that many of them lie about products and services they're offering. You pay for those services based on the information provided in marketing campaigns, only to find out that you have been cheated.

And don't forget the politicians...

When I saw this I was hoping Brits were not involved but sadly 6 are. At least a couple of Americans and other types of Farangs are too...So that's good news. So Brits are not the only Farang criminals you might be surprised to know. All manner of Farangs can be dishonest too. So, there you go.

Only 6 Brits out of 15 is quite good....Seriously. BKK is a Mecca for Dodgy Brits and other Dodgy Farangs too.

[...]

You are right, this will improve the statistics for the Brits a little bit, as the ratio normally is 10:1!

clap2.gif

Greedy Stupid people.. "If it sounds to good to be true.... It probably is"

Likely to be more of it.

There are few opportunities for returns these days, even the stock market is dubious, bank interest rates are derisory, and 'quantitative easing' / inflation is eating away at peoples savings.

You don't have to be stupid to be tempted.

Edited by jacko45k

I said it here once that Westerners are Comiting more crime in our Dear Thailand than Africans,or any other country,some people call me names and insulted me,today WHAT IS THIS? There is not single Nigerian or west african in this case,yet they are been BLACKLISTED in THAILAND,i hope Britons,Americans,South Africans and Germanys will also Be BLACKLISTED now that the world have knows their Evil Activities in Thailand.coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif since we judge a whole race or country base on the crime comiting by few from that race or country.

Its Ze Cherrrmans as Naam vud zay http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_fra-crime-frauds

Well said mate!

Lets say some of the victims were 85 yrs old?? does your view still apply?