Tourist Visa Extensions & Validity Period

I am comtemplating a Tourist Visa (triple entry) now that other avenues seem less likely.

Question is about the length of extension to be gained from Immigration (Pattaya in my case).

What is the likelyhood of a 30 day extention, or is it more likely to be fewer days than this? Also, if you gain one extension, does this affect the length of the second extention, could you get 30 days, but then they will only give you 7 days for the second extention?

Also, I am right in saying that to maximise your Toursit Visa, its best to obtain it as close to departure as possible, in other words, how long is a Tourist visa valid for?

Thanks in advance, I know its probably been asked before, but need to know for my situation.

If you apply for a double or triple entry tourist visa in your home country you will usually get 6 months validity, especially if you ask for it. Yes, you should apply as close to your departure date as possible but don't leave it to the last minute as sometimes it takes a few days to process. The extensions are pretty much an automatic 30 days, no matter how many times you have had an extension. They like the 1900 baht they get from us and do not wish to mess with it.

• Like 1

I'm in Bangkok till 24 August, but my Tourist Visa expires on 31 July, I need to extend my visa, and didn't know where to go in Bangkok... all info I find says it is 1900 baht, which is no problem, when I apply does anyone know if there is a waiting period, and is the date added to the end date or is it 30 days from application... I'm a US Citizen if that makes a difference Thanks Jason

Edited by k2bikerider

Go to Immigration at Soi 7, Chiang Watanna Road and use a TM.7 form to extend (you will need a 4x6cm photo and 1,900 baht). About a week before your stay ends is good as the 30 day extension will be from end of permitted stay so nothing lost is doing a bit early.

map1.jpg

I'm in Bangkok till 24 August, but my Tourist Visa expires on 31 July, I need to extend my visa, and didn't know where to go in Bangkok... all info I find says it is 1900 baht, which is no problem, when I apply does anyone know if there is a waiting period, and is the date added to the end date or is it 30 days from application... I'm a US Citizen if that makes a difference Thanks Jason

Do you have a tourist visa issued by a Thai embassy/consulate or a 30 day entry stamp?

If just a stamp you will only get a 7 day extension.

near by destinations which do not require arrivalvisa, you will just get small stamp in passport.

Singapore, Penang/Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur/Malaysia, Hong Kong and Macau.

Nearby destinations, but you will get Visa on Arrival, Luang Prabang/Laos, Siam Reap and Phnom Penh in Cambodia.

Interesting Destination but not sure about current visa requirement, Yangoon/Myanmar and Hanoi or HCMC/Vietnam

• 3 months later...

I'm in Phuket on a single entry tourist VISA which I got extended after 30 days after 60 days, so coming up to the end of the 3 months. However Ican't do the VISA run before the date it expires.

Can I extend for another week, or 30 days?

Can I do so at the Phuket Consulate or do I have to go/send a letter to Bangkok?

Please clarify.

Thanks