Thai Court Defers Key Ruling On PM Party

webfact

I am scared to even think what would be should the ruling LEAD to dissolve the PT

Great dissolve PTP,put another unwanted army friendly and untouchable friendly government in charge,watch 2 yrs civil war,and hv another thaksin friendly government,looks like endless circle,it's time army,untouchables,bkk elite,step back,and listen to the voters,if not nothing will ever change

The majority of the voters voted against Thaksin. Yet here we have a government that ignores the people and tries to advance it's own agenda rater than work for a better Thailand.

More voters voted for the current ruling party than any other party. So there! Oh and it has been 20 years since the democrats won an election. So there #2.

Did you know that if you took all the Red Shirts and placed them head to foot, they would stetcg across the Isthmus of Kra?

Did you also know that if they each rubbed their feet on each others' heads it would be the nearest they would ever come to the truth about democracy?

Cleisthenese must be turning in his grave!!!

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you know that if you took all the Red Shirts and placed them head to foot, they would stetcg across the Isthmus of Kra?

Did you also know that if they each rubbed their feet on each others' heads it would be the nearest they would ever come to the truth about democracy?

I have Anuban students who understand Thai politics better and are more able to express themselves.

post-20120-0-31246600-1341646159_thumb.j

I have Anuban students who understand Thai politics better and are more able to express themselves.

It's a topological depiction of her life. I believe she's intimating that the elephant's anus is you

• Like 1

I am scared to even think what would be should the ruling LEAD to dissolve the PT

Great dissolve PTP,put another unwanted army friendly and untouchable friendly government in charge,watch 2 yrs civil war,and hv another thaksin friendly government,looks like endless circle,it's time army,untouchables,bkk elite,step back,and listen to the voters,if not nothing will ever change

The majority of the voters voted against Thaksin. Yet here we have a government that ignores the people and tries to advance it's own agenda rater than work for a better Thailand.

What is the point of it? Who voted for who, when some parties run around and give everyone 500 Baht for the vote.

With enough money my dog or the next concrete pole could win the majority (and my dog would be a good PM).

As long as there is vote buying there is no point in discussing the election results.

• Like 1

It's a topological depiction of her life. I believe she's intimating that the elephant's anus is you

If you notice the pig has big floppy ear wings. She was explaining that the judges will get to first base removing the current government when pigs fly.

it is a normal functioning society.

It's the politics and the power-brokers who are dysfunctional.

The judicial system is currently part of the problem, in that it is a player in the politics and power-brokering, not part of the answer.

You really call Thailand normal functioning society?

The place is a chaos where no one knows or cares about anything. Yes it does work from the first glance, but take a second and see again.

Apparently there is also no problem with alcoholism, only every evening the streets are filled with people getting drunk and some going to work drunk

There are so many things wrong, that it would take pages to list it all.

Government is just in much chaos as its people, because those in power could not care less about country or people, because the main and only reason to get to power is to make money.

I do not think any government official even understands the term "public servant"

The judicial system is part of the problem??? no i think people with your perception are the problem, because even suggesting to allow government to do whatever they wish within or outside the law is just mad

The judicial system is currently part of the problem, in that it is a player in the politics and power-brokering, not part of the answer.

The place is a chaos where no one knows or cares about anything. Yes it does work from the first glance, but take a second and see again.

Apparently there is also no problem with alcoholism, only every evening the streets are filled with people getting drunk and some going to work drunk

Government is just in much chaos as its people, because those in power could not care less about country or people, because the main and only reason to get to power is to make money.

I do not think any government official even understands the term "public servant"

The judicial system is part of the problem??? no i think people with your perception are the problem, because even suggesting to allow government to do whatever they wish within or outside the law is just mad

In a Bloomberg Markets ranking, Thailand is second only to China among the world’s best emerging markets for investors. The ranking looks at a series of measures such as market transparency and prospects for growth over the next four years.

Well there is Bloomberg and you? Hmmmm. Who to believe.

In a Bloomberg Markets ranking, Thailand is second only to China among the world’s best emerging markets for investors. The ranking looks at a series of measures such as market transparency and prospects for growth over the next four years.

Who ever you like, only i am not the one ranking countries for investmentsthumbsup.gif As for being second only to China, that should already be enough indication how reliable Bloombergs rankings can be

• Like 2

Who ever you like, only i am not the one ranking countries for investmentsthumbsup.gif As for being second only to China, that should already be enough indication how reliable Bloombergs rankings can be

Did you read your post? My God if anyone thought you were credible they wouldn't touch Thailand with a ten foot pole. Scared me. Heck I'm building a new house here. It should be done in a couple of weeks. 100% bank loan. Bank thinks it's a good investment. I been here through coups, floods and airport closures. Didn't seem to bother me too much.

More voters voted for the current ruling party than any other party. So there! Oh and it has been 20 years since the democrats won an election. So there #2.

and that last time in which they won, they had to form a 5-party coalition because their % of seats was in the low-20s, so there #3.

which is around the same % the PTP margin of victory over the democrats in the 2011 elections, so there #4

oh, and the Democrats were anti-military the last time they "won" an election, so there #5

I like this game...

thumbsup.gif

And what has changed as a result of your game there was still more votes against Thaksin than for him.

Sorry to be using simple arithmetic on you obvious superior minded people.

It is obvious the people do not want him.

And what has changed as a result of your game there was still more votes against Thaksin than for him.

Did you read your post? My God if anyone thought you were credible they wouldn't touch Thailand with a ten foot pole. Scared me. Heck I'm building a new house here. It should be done in a couple of weeks. 100% bank loan. Bank thinks it's a good investment. I been here through coups, floods and airport closures. Didn't seem to bother me too much.

yes i know you also bought one on another thread for 10 million, and also know you speak fluent Thai which you learned at the age of 60,as well as have young and sexy chinese thai girlfriend and how is that all relevant?

My god did you actually read my original post? or were you bored and just looking to start a fight as you ALWAYS do on every single thread?rolleyes.gif

You said, "You really call Thailand normal functioning society?

The judicial system is part of the problem??? no i think people with your perception are the problem, because even suggesting to allow government to do whatever they wish within or outside the law is just mad"

That is one of the most damning assessments of Thailand that I have ever read and it's not true. Didn't you think anyone would tell you?

I beg to differ. The normal people in society get along just fine. Drunks? Sure. Have you never seen drunks in your home country? I don't know where you are from or where you spend your time in Thailand, but I don't see that there is an extreme difference WRT social ills.

Yes, IMO, it is clear that the courts are current players in the dysfunctional political / power games.

I never stated that the government, or anyone else for that matter, should be allowed to do whatever they wish outside the limits of the law. Although it is interesting that you want to exclude doing things within the limits of the law. Could this just be an indication of your bias?

But maybe not, after all, within the limits of the law, a government can take actions which are relatively good or relatively bad for the society and the citizens. Perhaps you meant something similar?

- deleted -

and that last time in which they won, they had to form a 5-party coalition because their % of seats was in the low-20s, so there #3.

which is around the same % the PTP margin of victory over the democrats in the 2011 elections, so there #4

oh, and the Democrats were anti-military the last time they "won" an election, so there #5

I like this game...

thumbsup.gif

It looks like you believe that repetition is the key to learning. Or perhaps it's just self-indoctrination. "more votes against than for, more votes against than for, ..."

Get real Hellodolly. 40 parties contested the election - the results which count are number of seats. The PTP not only won more than anyone else, they won more than all others combined - 39 other parties. In terms of # of seats won, they almost lapped their nearest rival, the Democrats. It is obvious that people wanted the PTP to lead the government.

Deny it all you want - it is obvious. just <deleted> obvious.

• Like 1

quote name='GentlemanJim' timestamp='1341640597' post='5461866'

Well, re-writing a famous old Roman saying, it seems that in Thailand, all roads will lead to bloodshed and civil war.

Don't think so.....Maybe some minor problems like reds make problems like before. But no civil war. Who should make war against who?

If PTP is dissolved, reds will take to the streets and most likely get violent.

The Red Shirts are massing up no matter what happens...

I see that Red Shirt Leader Thida is threatening a massive Red Shirt rally if the judges don't resign, no matter what their decision is.

She announced today that 300,000 to 400,000 Red Shirts would march on Bangkok if they don't quit their positions.

Righty O,

if the judges don't just quit from the intimidation,

then the red shirts will then create more intimidation.

Which is the best reason for the judges to NOT quit.

Edited by animatic

yes i know you also bought one on another thread for 10 million, and also know you speak fluent Thai which you learned at the age of 60,as well as have young and sexy chinese thai girlfriend and how is that all relevant?

My god did you actually read my original post? or were you bored and just looking to start a fight as you ALWAYS do on every single thread?rolleyes.gif

You said, "You really call Thailand normal functioning society?

The judicial system is part of the problem??? no i think people with your perception are the problem, because even suggesting to allow government to do whatever they wish within or outside the law is just mad"

That is one of the most damning assessments of Thailand that I have ever read and it's not true. Didn't you think anyone would tell you?

i know what i said, you do not need to post it for me

What you think is true is not the only truth is it?

Just like on one thread the truth is you been here for 200 years as you stated earlier but on another ONLY started to learn Thai at the age of 60.

So i guess truth is ONLY want you want to see or believethumbsup.gif

I beg to differ. The normal people in society get along just fine. Drunks? Sure. Have you never seen drunks in your home country? I don't know where you are from or where you spend your time in Thailand, but I don't see that there is an extreme difference WRT social ills.

Yes, IMO, it is clear that the courts are current players in the dysfunctional political / power games.

I never stated that the government, or anyone else for that matter, should be allowed to do whatever they wish outside the limits of the law. Although it is interesting that you want to exclude doing things within the limits of the law. Could this just be an indication of your bias?

But maybe not, after all, within the limits of the law, a government can take actions which are relatively good or relatively bad for the society and the citizens. Perhaps you meant something similar?

Ok, so let me ask you this. Who do you believe has more "rights" i guess thats the term to use, the judicial system or the government? What term is served by the judge and what term is served by the government?

What benefit does the court have by interfering if everything is perfectly legal?

You do not think basing governments entire policy on benefiting one man is somewhat not legal?

Ok, so let me ask you this. Who do you believe has more "rights" i guess thats the term to use, the judicial system or the government? What term is served by the judge and what term is served by the government?

What benefit does the court have by interfering if everything is perfectly legal?

You do not think basing governments entire policy on benefiting one man is somewhat not legal?

I would use the term responsibilities, not rights.

The responsibilities are different.

Regardless of benefit, why is the court interfering in the first place?

I don't see minimum wage increases, school tablet policy, new car purchase incentives, women's loan fund, rice subsidies, or corporate tax cuts as benefiting one man. But to your point, if the government passes amnesty as part of their reconciliation bills which was part of the campaign platform, then they pass amnesty and, no that is not illegal.

The real truth is that one side wants to pass amnesty for one person and is willing to extend it to everyone as a Thai version of reconciliation and the other side doesn't really give a rip as long as amnesty excludes one person. IMO anyone who doesn't see that isn't playing with a full deck.

• Like 1

I would use the term responsibilities, not rights.

The responsibilities are different.

Regardless of benefit, why is the court interfering in the first place?

I don't see minimum wage increases, school tablet policy, new car purchase incentives, women's loan fund, rice subsidies, or corporate tax cuts as benefiting one man. But to your point, if the government passes amnesty as part of their reconciliation bills which was part of the campaign platform, then they pass amnesty and, no that is not illegal.

The real truth is that one side wants to pass amnesty for one person and is willing to extend it to everyone as a Thai version of reconciliation and the other side doesn't really give a rip as long as amnesty excludes one person. IMO anyone who doesn't see that isn't playing with a full deck.

So why stop at one person? ie one particular person? why not give amnesty to all others the "nobody's" serving time. Why should this 1 person get to walk, without so much as doing 1 day in jail for the crimes he has been convicted off.

If the bill was to give amnesty to ALL who have served minimum sentence of say 2 years, i for one would be all for it, but how exactly is this justice or "right" to give amnesty to someone who ran away from justice and equate it to someone who has been serving time in jail.

One gets to sleep in $10000 room on soft mattress and eat oysters, while the other one gets to sleep on the floor and eat bugs.

You call that fair?

Minimum wage increase did more harm than good, but thats besides the point, all those listed were introduced ONLY for the sole purpose of getting votes.

and the only reason for wanting votes is to give amnesty to that 1 person,so yes all the "good" deeds you posted were and are for the befit of one even though indirecrtly

If courts do not intervene, who will? ever? you basically saying that any government has free hand to do what they wish and the rest just need accept and live with it?

Government responsibility is to serve the people, while court responsibility is to ensure all laws are upheld by the government

Not everything is about thaksin,the army changed the constitution in their favor,has nothing to do with thaksin only,but with democracy,sure they want thaksin back,why they should not want that,after all it's her brother and on top he got sacked by a illegal coup,first Pm who got re elected for 2nd term,Sure he is an selfish a..,,but with him Thailand had a plan,and Thailand was moving,since the coup Thailand is in still stand.If u go back in time lets say till 1932 and follow from there then u will see who had the most interest in sacking thaksin,and who is scared to death if he can come back.This all is only about power and face,both sides are sh..,but maybe the current government is a tick better then the others,if u watch at the last election results, a lot of people think like that

Not everything is about thaksin,the army changed the constitution in their favor,has nothing to do with thaksin only,but with democracy,sure they want thaksin back,why they should not want that,after all it's her brother and on top he got sacked by a illegal coup,first Pm who got re elected for 2nd term,Sure he is an selfish a..,,but with him Thailand had a plan,and Thailand was moving,since the coup Thailand is in still stand.If u go back in time lets say till 1932 and follow from there then u will see who had the most interest in sacking thaksin,and who is scared to death if he can come back.This all is only about power and face,both sides are sh..,but maybe the current government is a tick better then the others,if u watch at the last election results, a lot of people think like that

This posts is a-rambling a wee bit.

"not (everything) about Thaksin" --> who would have thought?

"sure they want Thaksin back, he's her brother" --> they want Thaksin, her brother

"sacked in an illegal coup" --> he was not in function and coups are inherently illegal even the succesful and/or popular ones

"sure he's a selfish a..." --> no comment, it's not about Thaksin anyway

"Thailand had a plan" --> Thailand ?

"go back in time let's say 1932 and follow from there" --> I think it was the snake in Eden

"this government better ... at the last election results" --> the people voted for people or a party, not for a government

Ah well, Saturday night and it's not about Thaksin, so why worry smile.png

"sure they want Thaksin back, he's her brother" --> they want Thaksin, her brother

"sacked in an illegal coup" --> he was not in function and coups are inherently illegal even the succesful and/or popular ones

"go back in time let's say 1932 and follow from there" --> I think it was the snake in Eden

"this government better ... at the last election results" --> the people voted for people or a party, not for a government

ok no thaksin but wikipedia

The Thai Rak Thai party had several major objections to the draft constitution.

1. It disagreed with an appointed Senate, claiming that it reflected a condescending view of the electorate.
  2. It disagreed with Article 299, which provided amnesty to the military junta for staging the September coup.
  3. It disagreed with Article 173, which forbade ministers who are MPs from voting for a Prime Minister facing a censure motion, claiming that it undermined the authority of elected politicians.
  4. It disagreed with Articles 257 and 259, which barred politicians from interfering in the work of bureaucrats, claiming that it would make it difficult for governments to implement their policies.
  5. It noted fear of a return to bureaucratic rule in government, with too much power handed to officials and the courts.

A court later terminated the party and banned its entire executive team of over a hundred from politics for 5 years due to election fraud

You are a bit confused:

1) The army didn't change the constitution, there was a drafting and the people voted for the new constitution. And I can't see anything in their favor.

2) Thaksin can't come back because he was found guilty of corruption from an independent court. And other cases, including human right issues are waiting.

3) The coup wasn't illegal. Only unsuccessful coups are illegal (it is that the winner decides what is illegal.....)

4) On the last election a lot people thought: 500 Baht vote buying is fine and my kids get a tablet and we get 300 Baht Minimum salary.....Of course Abhisit was a pretty weak show....

1. It disagreed with an appointed Senate, claiming that it reflected a condescending view of the electorate.
  2. It disagreed with Article 299, which provided amnesty to the military junta for staging the September coup.
  3. It disagreed with Article 173, which forbade ministers who are MPs from voting for a Prime Minister facing a censure motion, claiming that it undermined the authority of elected politicians.
  4. It disagreed with Articles 257 and 259, which barred politicians from interfering in the work of bureaucrats, claiming that it would make it difficult for governments to implement their policies.
  5. It noted fear of a return to bureaucratic rule in government, with too much power handed to officials and the courts.

A court later terminated the party and banned its entire executive team of over a hundred from politics for 5 years due to election fraud

yes they shouldn't have done the election fraud.

Don't think so.....Maybe some minor problems like reds make problems like before. But no civil war. Who should make war against who?

Do you know what the definition of a 'civil war' is?

I think we saw the trial run (preview, if you wish) in 2010. Now imagine that situitation only 100 or even 1000 or 10000 times worse.

The final outcome will not be pretty. Bangkok, and Thailand, will be destroyed. And why? All because of one megalomaniac.

Unless Thaksin gives up, the outcome will not resolve itself. Perhaps the ultimate solution will be needed to rid Thailand of Thaksin forever.

yes they shouldn't have done the election fraud.

neither should the democrats, but funny how they were not dissolved.

• Like 1