Things That Have Spooked You...

Florin

Have you ever had moments when you felt scared even though there was no immediate physical danger? Movies, books, certain moments in time that had such an effect...?

Last Saturday I was walking back from a private class, at 8PMish through a completely deserted housing "village" in Pinklao...I started up my iPod and what song should come first but Iron Maiden's Fear of the Dark:

I am a man who walks alone

And when I’m walking a dark road

At night or strolling through the park

When the light begins to change

I sometimes feel a little strange

A little anxious when it’s dark

Fear of the dark, fear of the dark

I have a constant fear that someones always near

Fear of the dark, fear of the dark

I have a phobia that someone’s allways there

I've gotta say, that beginning part sounded bloody sinister :o

Edited by Florin

Well when I was in BKK for a couple of weeks I starting seeing a young woman, a University graduate, who worked in the business center of my upscale hotel.

What spooked me was, a couple of weeks after I got back home, she was short of money, the implication being that it would sort things out for her if I help her out.

Perhaps I was wrong to refuse, still, after all the stories I have read here and elsewhere...

I got pretty spooked when the shop told me they had run out of beer... :D

Luckily there was a shop round the corner with more business sense.. :D

totster :D

Don't expect the small village shops to be able to cater for drinkers such as yourself :D

In an hour or so time to find another shop Tots :o

Edited by Ice Maiden

THE SNIFF KISS............... :o It freaks me out!!!! :D

I'm not the only one then :D

Thank goodness I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!! :D It's like fingernails on a chalkboard... or cleaning teeth with a fluffy towel :D

.. or biting tin foil... ? :D

totster :D

I still sleep with all my lights turned on. (Can't sleep otherwise. Now that I talk about it, does anyone have a suggestion or a solution?)

Have you tried using a light on a dimmer switch and slowly setting the light level lower and lower on progressive nights until finally it's dark? Most people have trouble overcoming their phobias in one step, but can often do it if they take it small steps at a time. I'd suggest installing a dimmer switch that has some marked levels on the plate, or make your own markings and every night set it just ever so slightly lower than the previous night. You probably won't notice the difference from one night to the next and so pyschologically you'll think it's the same as what you're used to. If you start getting afraid, turn it back up a bit and keep it there for several nights and then try again to lower it.

I think my house is haunted by the spirit of a worker who fell from the roof and onto the hardwood stairs below in my house. :o

Because a few nights ago I went to sleep leaving a half empty bottle of Thai whiskey on the bedside cabinet. But the following morning................it was completely empty. Also something must have hit me on the head during the night as my head was throbbing. Probably the same entity that hit me also left a load of sickly ectoplasm residue all down the front of my t-shirt. :D

3 things

When I was a kid, whenever I was sick I had a dream of being chased by a tiger through a complex of empty rooms....each room had 2 doors and I always just kept ahead of the tiger, freaks me out thinking about what would have happened if the tiger caught me

Deja vu always freaks me out

My first time under the water, I rounded a coral outcrop and was confronted by a shark....it looked huge but was probably quite small....we both turned tail and swam...I think I was faster tho

Edited by gburns57au

I think my house is haunted by the spirit of a worker who fell from the roof and onto the hardwood stairs below in my house. :D

Because a few nights ago I went to sleep leaving a half empty bottle of Thai whiskey on the bedside cabinet. But the following morning................it was completely empty. Also something must have hit me on the head during the night as my head was throbbing. Probably the same entity that hit me also left a load of sickly ectoplasm residue all down the front of my t-shirt. :D

:o That would spook me for sure :D

I still sleep with all my lights turned on. (Can't sleep otherwise. Now that I talk about it, does anyone have a suggestion or a solution?)

Switch the lights off! Only kidding, I find difficult to get off to sleep without some music playing, so I have it on a thirty minute timer, I'm nearly always asleep by then. How about a light on a timer?

Regarding what spooks me, it may sound silly as I have and will do all sorts of dangerous things without a second thought, but 'wasps' freak me out. Bogstandard everyday wasps seem to be attracted to me, they follow me around and even land on me - aaarggh!!!

I still sleep with all my lights turned on. (Can't sleep otherwise. Now that I talk about it, does anyone have a suggestion or a solution?) I also play music all night --- poor neighbors! No wonder they are so pissed at me. (Oiy just kidding about the 'angry neighbor part.')

The dark actually sometimes scares me. I usually sleep with the light on or my bathroom light on.

I find it helps keeping a flashlight handy :D

And the music part.... I sleep with my MP3 player on :D

:o That feeling of someone watching you in an empty room. it used to happen lots in an old cottage we lived in in the Uk. Mr man dismissed my fears as irrational, but I know I wasn't alone..........

Tell me about it!

I get that feeling often in this house ever since a family member passed away a few months ago.

When I was a kid I would take walks through the forest alone. I was always pretty careful along the trail but once I was looking left or right along the trail and walked right into a huge spider web with a 2 inch diameter spider stuck on my face.

I still enjoy my little romps through the jungle here in Thailand but ever since then, walking into a spider web like that always freaks me out a bit.