Are Thais A Mooning People? (I Think Not.)

Where I grew up, mooning was a teenage custom usually performed by intoxicated males in passing automobiles. Apparently it has a long and round history in western civilization.

But in Thailand, I haven't noticed this mooning custom.

So perhaps Thais aren't a mooning people. Or perhaps I need to see an eye doctor.

http://www.slate.com...wpisrc=obinsite

If it is true that Thais don't moon is there a Thai equivalent to mooning that sends the same message?

Edited by Tywais
Removed unnecessary reference to another member

A nostalgic post? rolleyes.gif

I cannot forget the first landing of man on the moon ...

I've never seen anyone mooning anywhere, US or Thailand. However, was involved with streaking in my university days. Guess that would be mooning En Masse. biggrin.png

I don't know about mooning, but I see that some teenagers have adopted the moronic habit of wearing their jeans at half- mast, showing half their cheap designer rip-off underwear. So part way towards mooning.

Thought this was going to be about followers of Rev Moon. Im sure Thais could get into that.

But back on topic, I think it's an American thing Jingthing - although occasionally adopted by rugby clubs when on the team bus (in the UK anyway). Otherwise, I dont think it ever spread worldwide, but I'm willing to be nay-sayed.

Some Hash House Harriers (the drinkers with a running problem) of both sexes are partial to a bit of nude frivolity when on tour. I could post pictures of me cycling butt-naked, as you Yanks say, round a camp site at about 50 years old, but I don't think TV is ready for that

Saw it last night on the TV ... just a quick glance before the editor got hold of it and changed the camera feed.

Because the Tour de France is a 'Live' event apparently there is a history of this 'mooning' occurring.

Can't reproduce the images here however a Internet search engine will 'reveal' the results.

Couldn't tell if the 'Mooner' was Thai, or not.