Turmaric Powder

rocky123

Pretty much every grocery store! It's a yellow powder. It is also in curry powders and pastes. You can also buy fresh turmeric root at Thai markets. Also at pharmacies like Fascino where it is sold in pill form. Look for: Curcuma longa. Yes it is a very beneficial spice indeed! It is spelled Turmeric.

A common Thai brand found most everywhere in groceries:

post-37101-0-73926600-1341653621_thumb.j

Edited by Jingthing

Good stuff. Have it on your oat bran in the morning with cinnamon and honey and soy milk if you want to stay super healthy. Also keeps the joints good so my Indian friends tell me.

Food gurus extrapolate wildly, creating hypotheses from metabolism flow charts or interesting theoretical laboratory bench data, and then using them to justify a clinical intervention. One newspaper nutritionist, in the Daily Express, tells us that turmeric is “highly protective against many forms of cancer, especially of the prostate.” But the only evidence for the link between turmeric and prostate cancer is from speculative laboratory studies of cells, usually from rats, growing (or not growing) in glass dishes. Interesting findings these may be, but they are not a sound scientific foundation for real world advice on curry.

check out BAD SCEINCE DOT NET

Good stuff. Have it on your oat bran in the morning with cinnamon and honey and soy milk if you want to stay super healthy. Also keeps the joints good so my Indian friends tell me.

Skip the honey, try low-glycemic fruit.

Indian people who eat typically eat turmeric often have lower rates of some cancers.

But is it due to turmeric or vegetarianism or bathing in the lovely waters of Mother Ganges?ermm.gif

Don't know. But I think the turmeric tastes good anyway, so why not?