Would You Take Your Children To Pattaya For A Family Holiday?

coolhandjoe

Would you take your children to Pattaya for a family holiday?Let's be honest now....  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you had an expensive shop that delivered antiques and your daughters 16,17 and 18 worked for you would you let them deliver antiques to a brothel?

Absolutely not, this is not work for females. I'd let them sell to a brothel owner but not deliver.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would I take my children to the biggest brothell in the world??

Ermm....NO

I think the biggest brothels in the world are in Germany. It's a long way to go, but if that's where you've got to go to get a weekend away from the kids...

To be honest, its not the brothels that I find to be a problem, its the freelance streetwalkers. But again, that's only a small percentage of Pattaya, or London, or Victoria, British Columbia.

SC

Ermm....NO

Were it you who bought at "Trendy", atop of the chain of night bars? And in the heart of the biggest brothel, on the "mignificant mile" between Soi Cowboy and Nana?

If not, I got my wires crossed.

For the sake of summary, could someone wrap up all the negative experiences of people who have taken their children to Pattaya, and wished they had not?

There seems to be quite a few, like myself, who have taken their children to Pattaya, and taken them back again...

Opinions based on experience speak louder than prejudice, I think, and actions louder still

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy
  • Like 2

Ermm....NO

I think the biggest brothels in the world are in Germany. It's a long way to go, but if that's where you've got to go to get a weekend away from the kids...

To be honest, its not the brothels that I find to be a problem, its the freelance streetwalkers. But again, that's only a small percentage of Pattaya, or London, or Victoria, British Columbia.

SC

Surely you know that he doesn't mean Pattaya has the largest brothels but the town itself is a large brothel. People go there for paid sex.

Comparing Pattaya to London is crazy.

I'd estimate London has approximately 0.004 % prostitutes in the female population.

I'd estimate Pattaya has approximately 20% prostitutes in the female population with another 50% involved in the sex industry,

Rather a large difference?

• Like 1

For the sake of summary, could someone wrap up all the negative experiences of people who have taken their children to Pattaya, and wished they had not?

There seems to be quite a few, like myself, who have taken their children to Pattaya, and taken them back again...

Opinions based on experience speak louder than prejudice, I think, and actions louder still

SC

We went once and the hotel was actually very nice but even at the upscale hotels you'll meet Helmut the retired postal worker and Noi from Buriram in the lift. Sitting at the swimming pool, Bjorn, the retired seaman from Norway and Lek from Mahasarakham ended up siiting next to us. We decided to leave for a few reasons - the guy was drinking beer(at 11am) and the woman had BG tattoos and was talking about sexual things with no consideration of others.

On the beach it was impossible to escape the sexpat atmosphere.

Do you really not mind your children being subjected to this? I find this very strange, unless you like the place yourself.

• Like 1

Surely you know that he doesn't mean Pattaya has the largest brothels but the town itself is a large brothel. People go there for paid sex.

I'd estimate London has approximately 0.004 % prostitutes in the female population.

I'd estimate Pattaya has approximately 20% prostitutes in the female population with another 50% involved in the sex industry,

Another one for the CC club.

SC

We went once and the hotel was actually very nice but even at the upscale hotels you'll meet Helmut the retired postal worker and Noi from Buriram in the lift. Sitting at the swimming pool, Bjorn, the retired seaman from Norway and Lek from Mahasarakham ended up siiting next to us. We decided to leave for a few reasons - the guy was drinking beer(at 11am) and the woman had BG tattoos and was talking about sexual things with no consideration of others.

On the beach it was impossible to escape the sexpat atmosphere.

Do you really not mind your children being subjected to this? I find this very strange, unless you like the place yourself.

The first time we went, we stayed in a place in Jomtien mostly patronised by Russians - couples, for the most part. Subsequently, my wife has been back on her own with the kids to a couple of the places mentioned above; and also to a place near the chemical works - Rayong! - forgot for a moment...

Now, for one reason or another, its Penang, as often as not.

SC

Better get your numbers right. At least something belivable.

It is like comparing places Amsterdam red light district to Pattaya Klang where bars are. Then the difference diminishes.

Can I go to London and never hit Soho?

Pattaya is 2nd largest city in Thai, bigger than Khorat, 250,000 ppl.

While it does have larger % of sex workers (coming from all over Thailand) than other places, I doubt it is 20%. For simplicity, if you are right, that would mean 25,000 prostitutes (and then you added another 50% doing something in sex-related industry).

Who is then working in all the shops, hospitals, supermarkets, goverment, all other places?

Hypermarkets in Pattaya were not built for cheap charlie tourist but for Thais who, behind the hills, churn 1 million cars a year. That's where eager workers are, many women too, do the real work that nobody can nor is interested to see.

Thanks to them, Pattaya will never have sank into de-civilization as Detroit has.

That's the real, shithole worth avoiding at any cost.

While Pattaya is still a tourist powerhouse and becoming bigger and better at that.

Edited by think_too_mut

I've been twice to Pattaya in 14 years, i have to say i don't like it so much..Too busy for me.

That said, if i had some children on holiday, i would probably take them there, as it seems there are plenty of children attractions.

I guess that it's quite easy to avoid the red-light zones too, but if i happened to be there with children, i would worry more about mad drunkards or local criminals than about scantily dressed dancing women.smile.png

Kids will enjoy Koh Chang, Koh Samet much more than Pattaya.

Koh Chang and Samet have the beach and nothing else. Even that can be polluted with jets skis and their fumes and noise.

Ah, maybe each island has 1 convenience store each. And are good for 3-4 hours and never again.

Nothing man made that woudl keep children engaged or even contribute to their education. Just think of Pattaya Ocean World, the same company that runs the aquarium at Sentosa island in Singapore.

Pattaya has at least 2 weeks worth of atractions for kids without even coming to the beach nor seeing night life areas or people involved. Without really trying.

Edited by think_too_mut

We went once and the hotel was actually very nice but even at the upscale hotels you'll meet Helmut the retired postal worker and Noi from Buriram in the lift. Sitting at the swimming pool, Bjorn, the retired seaman from Norway and Lek from Mahasarakham ended up siiting next to us.

The horror. :rolleyes:

We decided to leave for a few reasons - the guy was drinking beer(at 11am) and the woman had BG tattoos and was talking about sexual things with no consideration of others.

Yes, that could never happen in Phuket or Samui. Or Bangkok, or Chiang Mai. Or Buri Ram or Maha Sarakham.

Do you really not mind your children being subjected to this?

In all my trips that has never happend, but in theory it could happen, anywhere. And no, I think we would get over the horror. :rolleyes:

Come to think of, I may even have a beer myself around 11am, when on holiday. (Keeping in mind that with kids, I will have been up since 7am or so, and a beer at 11 while on the beach is actually a very good idea, to go with my som tam.)

I've been twice to Pattaya in 14 years, i have to say i don't like it so much..Too busy for me.

That said, if i had some children on holiday, i would probably take them there, as it seems there are plenty of children attractions.

I guess that it's quite easy to avoid the red-light zones too, but if i happened to be there with children, i would worry more about mad drunkards or local criminals than about scantily dressed dancing women.smile.png

Absolutely. It's the Farangs that are the potential problem. Which is why it makes no difference if you're in Samui or Phuket. In Pattaya fortunately I will have my car, and know my way around.

Unfortunately the ''children's attractions'' are why some dodgy farangs are there. whistling.gif

Unfortunately the ''children's attractions'' are why some dodgy farangs are there. whistling.gif

Yeah my friend claims that there was a mob who were renting them from one of the beaches there. No thanks.

Not a lot of churches there you should be ok.

Ermm....NO

SC

Per kilo? I don't know.

Well, when i say " children attractions" i mean Waterparks, Aquariums, Museums.. This sort of Stuff...So i'm afraid i don't understand smile.png

Better get your numbers right. At least something belivable.

It is like comparing places Amsterdam red light district to Pattaya Klang where bars are. Then the difference diminishes.

Can I go to London and never hit Soho?

Pattaya is 2nd largest city in Thai, bigger than Khorat, 250,000 ppl.

While it does have larger % of sex workers (coming from all over Thailand) than other places, I doubt it is 20%. For simplicity, if you are right, that would mean 25,000 prostitutes (and then you added another 50% doing something in sex-related industry).

Who is then working in all the shops, hospitals, supermarkets, goverment, all other places?

You've never picked up a shop/supermarket/7-11 worker and subsequently paid them for sex?

You don't even need to visit Pattaya to do that.

Nurses and government workers ....... yep, my pals have done them too ......... the dirty dogs.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

No

If I had children, I wouldn't even let them talk to someone who holiday's in Pattaya, far less go there!

I thought you were leaving Thailand months ago. What happened?sad.png

Next year. It's called "planning ahead".clap2.gif

You've never picked up a shop/supermarket/7-11 worker and subsequently paid them for sex?

Nurses and government workers ....... yep, my pals have done them too ......... the dirty dogs.

Are you seriously suggesting that 7-11, hospitals, and governments offices are sex related industries.?

Yermaneewai.gif

For the sake of their well-being, I would never take kids to Pattaya since it seems to be full of depraved Farangs.

Seems like you might not know what you are talking about.

Change in avatar? Almost threw us off there.

Not that I don't believe it is possible (what you said) but still majority of Pattaya local folks are not like that. Your word against mine, no data and graphs.

My pals have flown to the Moon. Or at least they thought that's what had happened to them.

Your post is an example why Thais (a conservative, almost a feudal society) have imposed visa rules that border with humiliation, at foreigners.

Edited by think_too_mut

For the sake of their well-being, I would never take kids to Pattaya since it seems to be full of depraved Farangs.

Seems like you might not know what you are talking about.

Change in avatar? Almost threw us off there.

Us, us are we royalty now?

Not that I don't believe it is possible (what you said) but still majority of Pattaya local folks are not like that. Your word against mine, no data and graphs.

My pals have flown to the Moon. Or at least they thought that's what had happened to them.

Your post is an example why Thais (a conservative, almost a feudal society) have imposed visa rules that border with humiliation, at foreigners.

It is just the young uns that have those kind of visa rules. Me it only takes 15 minutes for 12 months at my local immigration office. So I guess the Thais have figured out the old guys are OK.

Interesting POV, seeing that in another post you admit to working in Thailand without a work permit.

Have you confused the words 'your' and 'my'.

Edited by TommoPhysicist