Aggressive Skin Problem

sidjameson

Few days ago I felt a slight tingle all over my hands. Very strange.

3 days ago a few small skin areas had become dry and skin was white starting to peel.

Next day much bigger. I went to pharmacy and got a anti fungus and bacterial cream. Put on that night.

Yesterday morning was worse. But seemed to stabilize during day.

This morning it is much worse. Two thumbs are half peeling, couple of fingers pretty bad. New spots appearing elsewhere.

I need to see a dermatologist and fast. I need good recommendation in Bangkok.

Avoiding the high end international hospitals I guess, but defintely want good dr.

Good doctor, non high-end private. Your best bet is very probably Siriraj. If you are polite and patient (excuse the pun) then you will be dealt with efficiently. Most the doctors at Siriraj also work in the major private hospitals, but are under no pressure to sell you the drugs on a commission basis, nor opt you in for unnecessary surgery.

As for it being a Sunday, I don't know how they run their departments, but being that this is a University Hospital you probably have a higher chance of such a professional being available today.

My wife (also English) used Siriraj for her pregnancy health and, since her birth, we have taken our daughter there. The healthcare is excellent, you just have to wait a little longer. Remember though that this will end up being shorter because it is not in their interest to keep getting you back unnecessarily.

Good luck with it.

I am writing this for the benefit of anyone who did the search that I did.

I have peeling skin, really got worse each morning for 3 days. So bad today I feared my whole hand being one peeling mass by wednesday.

I went to an international hospital and was told that all is well. something had got on my hands and my body was rejecting it. As there was no itching or swelling I was merely peeling to discard the alien substance.

In one week all should be well. I was told the cream I had bought in the pharmacy wasnt even needed.

Feel a lot better. 700bht fee bought peace of mind.