Samsun Tab Singapore Look

Cloggie

Hello,

Last year I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 with GPRS.

Few weeks ago it informed me that there was a software update / upgrade available which I installed succesfully.

Notice after the reboot that it has now a 'Singapore look' (Allshare, B-Secure, Delite, MobileESPN, MobileTV, Mobitweet, Music, MySingTel, SingTelBPL and Starhub Gee)

If I switch off my Wi-Fi connection and switch on "use packet data" (so use GPRS instead of Wi-Fi), my browser keeps on telling me "Browser cannot load this page because there is no internet connection"

Can't use GPRS anymore now and I already tried to update again and hoped that there was an update available which removed all the Singapore programs, but no luck

Any ideas?

Cloggie

I live in Thailand

I have a SIM card in the Tab and it has enough money (I use top up), SIM card is from AIS and according to the messages I receive on the Tab it is working and active.

I try to use GPRS so I can use it upcountry to check my e-mail

All I can say is that it is a Samsung. No surprises. But sorry to hear of it.

A typically unhelpful comment. :rolleyes:

I live in Thailand

I have a SIM card in the Tab and it has enough money (I use top up), SIM card is from AIS and according to the messages I receive on the Tab it is working and active.

I try to use GPRS so I can use it upcountry to check my e-mail

Obviously it is challenging to troubleshoot these problems remotely but my best guess is that any APN settings got wiped when you updated. Can you verify the mobile network settings?

FWIW, I always recommend people NOT update their device if it is working acceptably, or you absolutely require a feature/function in a new release.