Dog Wanted

uptoyoumyfriend

Buy steak and put in plastic bag.

Wander round soi until you find a dog that you think will suit

Take steak out of bag

Walk home

Problem solved!

(Remember to wear protective clothing until rabies shots administered)

Apologies, sat in Dubai airport lounge on long transfer!

• Like 1

I found it. Thanks for the instructions!

If you click into "community Forums" and then into "plants pets and vets forum"

You will find that post as well as a few others from folks trying to find good homes for dogs/puppies

I found it. Thanks for the instructions!

If you click into "community Forums" and then into "plants pets and vets forum"

You will find that post as well as a few others from folks trying to find good homes for dogs/puppies

I have two dogs - a female and a male, from the same litter, about two years old, both neutered - both rescued from near a shop where their mother had been killed by a car. I'm looking for a home for one or both. Reason: I have another dog and many cats and frankly want to reduce the number. If you're interested I can email you a photo

My few cents worth, if you decide to adopt instead of taking from someone, i would strongly suggest finding and taking a puppy off the street. Only because the ones in shelter are already been looked after while the little guy on the street has much less of a survival chance.

also if you can take 2, less work for you as they will keep each other company

My few cents worth, if you decide to adopt instead of taking from someone, i would strongly suggest finding and taking a puppy off the street. Only because the ones in shelter are already been looked after while the little guy on the street has much less of a survival chance.

I agree with the theory behind this but I spend a lot of time on the roads around CM and I have rarely seen puppies on the street that don't belong to someone. So if you decide to do this, please check with the local residents to make sure you're not stealing someone's dogs.

I agree with the theory behind this but I spend a lot of time on the roads around CM and I have rarely seen puppies on the street that don't belong to someone. So if you decide to do this, please check with the local residents to make sure you're not stealing someone's dogs.

but if he does ask, no doubt they will want some money even though they could not care less.

I would not ask if it belongs to someone, i would make a statement that i am taking it and if there is a real owner, no doubt they will come forward

but if he does ask, no doubt they will want some money even though they could not care less.

I would not ask if it belongs to someone, i would make a statement that i am taking it and if there is a real owner, no doubt they will come forward

I am not in the slightest bit interested in dogs, but your comment reads as if you condoning stealing . What would you have said if one of your children came home with a dog or even any other item that did not belong to them. (I guess; where did you get it from, lets take it back to find the owner)

A small dog on a road verge may have been another small childs dog even if they were not there to ask.

Growl over; sorry

• Like 1

I am not in the slightest bit interested in dogs, but your comment reads as if you condoning stealing . What would you have said if one of your children came home with a dog or even any other item that did not belong to them. (I guess; where did you get it from, lets take it back to find the owner)

A small dog on a road verge may have been another small childs dog even if they were not there to ask.

Growl over; sorry

i think you should look up definition of stealing, because i doubt you will find "making a statement" out loud part of that definition.

PS. i wonder where you kids hang around unattended to come home with a street dogrolleyes.gif

You are quite right. I believe in that case it would be termed robbery...

Growl over; sorry

i think you should look up definition of stealing, because i doubt you will find "making a statement" out loud part of that definition.

PS. i wonder where you kids hang around unattended to come home with a street dogrolleyes.gif

Edited by CMSteve
  • Like 1

Don't just take a dog from the street, if it is healthy looking, it probably belongs to someone. Many people let their dogs have freedom, you may not approve but this is ....well you know where.... Even if you state your intentions to the soi (?). Much better to go to the Wat, they do often have pups, they will know the status of the dog you want.

Edited by daoyai

Don't just take a dog from the street, if it is healthy looking, it probably belongs to someone. Many people let their dogs have freedom, you may not approve but this is ....well you know where.... Even if you state your intentions to the soi (?). Much better to go to the Wat, they do often have pups, they will know the status of the dog you want.

I honestly do not know where some of you guys live, there are hundreds soi dogs around and there are no owners.

any street dog that may have someone, always has a collar, thousands do not . though locals do give them some rice and left over's, and that does not mean they own the dog.

If you go around someone's place and announce your intention on wanting to take a pup, no doubt they will want some money.

I can tell from my personal experience, i came home one day to find a 6 months old pup sleeping in the yard. Cut the story short, she did have an owner, but she was also very sick, pregnant, hit by a car and dying.

I took her back to the owner and told him about all the problems, though he could not care less.

I told him if he was not interested, i will take her and will take care of her. to which he agreed without even thinking for 1 min.

I spent thousands on the Vet and eventually, she recovered. After seeing she was well, healthy and playful., he decided that he should be paid for a dog.

So he came around "friendly" hinting that i should give him money as i bought the dog.

Without being too pissed off, i told him that i was not interested in buying the dog and he can have her back, BUT only after he pays me the Vet bills.

Funny enough, he instantly lost interest in being paid for the dog, not to mention lost interest in seeing her progress getting better.

Point is, most of the dogs on the street do not have owners, and no one cares for them, BY asking you are making an offer of paying money(only a fool will refuse) where in reality you will be doing dog and locals a favor.

If you state you taking a pup and it does belong to someone, they will come forward and speak out. Young pups do not usually wonder the streets alone but if it does and does have an owner, this person should have have this dog in the first place, as leaving pup on the street is beyond crazy

You are quite right. I believe in that case it would be termed robbery...

Growl over; sorry

Incorrect, the term would be daylight robbery as everyone will be asleep at night to hear the statementtongue.png

I honestly do not know where some of you guys live, there are hundreds soi dogs around and there are no owners.

any street dog that may have someone, always has a collar, thousands do not . though locals do give them some rice and left over's, and that does not mean they own the dog.

If you go around someone's place and announce your intention on wanting to take a pup, no doubt they will want some money.

I can tell from my personal experience, i came home one day to find a 6 months old pup sleeping in the yard. Cut the story short, she did have an owner, but she was also very sick, pregnant, hit by a car and dying.

I took her back to the owner and told him about all the problems, though he could not care less.

I told him if he was not interested, i will take her and will take care of her. to which he agreed without even thinking for 1 min.

I spent thousands on the Vet and eventually, she recovered. After seeing she was well, healthy and playful., he decided that he should be paid for a dog.

So he came around "friendly" hinting that i should give him money as i bought the dog.

Without being too pissed off, i told him that i was not interested in buying the dog and he can have her back, BUT only after he pays me the Vet bills.

Funny enough, he instantly lost interest in being paid for the dog, not to mention lost interest in seeing her progress getting better.

Point is, most of the dogs on the street do not have owners, and no one cares for them, BY asking you are making an offer of paying money(only a fool will refuse) where in reality you will be doing dog and locals a favor.

If you state you taking a pup and it does belong to someone, they will come forward and speak out. Young pups do not usually wonder the streets alone but if it does and does have an owner, this person should have have this dog in the first place, as leaving pup on the street is beyond crazy

I don't know how long you've been here, or where you live, but you're a thief and a cheap one at that.

You wrote "Point is, most of the dogs on the street do not have owners, and no one cares for them, BY asking you are making an offer of paying money(only a fool will refuse) where in reality you will be doing dog and locals a favor."

If "most of the dogs on the street do not have owners" then at least a few do. Ask. if they want too much money find another dog. You said there were thousands. And if you wind up giving someone a few hundred baht, consider it part of the cost of care for the dog, which is going to cost you thousands of baht every year.

You may be right 99% of the time, but why do you want to risk stealing a child's pet?

in repsonse to earlier post from Phl re difiniton stealing

Actually that was the first thing I did... and the defintion more or less TWOCing....maybe an Engllish acronym related to car thieves mainly. It means "taking without owners consent" thats a good enough definiton for me.

But playing devils advocate, I can see you dont intend to steal, and perhaps your words making a statement and see who comes forward. is my gripe. As an Englishman I dont understand this. So you can whisper in the dogs ear, "I am going to take you home now little fella unless you speak up now and tell me your owners name"

If someone around wants some money for the dog and if it is a Soi dog then pay them a reward for looking after it in its preceeding months. Thats the least you can do to say thank you.

I don't know how long you've been here, or where you live, but you're a thief and a cheap one at that.

You wrote "Point is, most of the dogs on the street do not have owners, and no one cares for them, BY asking you are making an offer of paying money(only a fool will refuse) where in reality you will be doing dog and locals a favor."

If "most of the dogs on the street do not have owners" then at least a few do. Ask. if they want too much money find another dog. You said there were thousands. And if you wind up giving someone a few hundred baht, consider it part of the cost of care for the dog, which is going to cost you thousands of baht every year.

You may be right 99% of the time, but why do you want to risk stealing a child's pet?

IF you go around at night, grab one and put it in your bag that would be stealing.

going around day time, making a statement that you taking one does not make you a thief because if there is an owner who cares, he/she will come forward

As for giving few hundred baht,rolleyes.gif for what?

As for being here, i know i have for much longer than you, for you to think that street dogs have owners or anyone caring about them

If someone around wants some money for the dog and if it is a Soi dog then pay them a reward for looking after it in its preceeding months. Thats the least you can do to say thank you.

cheesy.gif , Now you really making me laugh. if the puppy was looked after if would not be covered in ticks and fleas, with some mange, without a collar walking around the streets, would it? nor would the mother.rolleyes.gif

cheesy.gif , Now you really making me laugh. if the puppy was looked after if would not be covered in ticks and fleas, with some mange, without a collar walking around the streets, would it? nor would the mother.rolleyes.gif

And that is the type dog you would pick? I don't think so, but anyway, there are countless options for finding a dog, that one is the least likely.

And that is the type dog you would pick? I don't think so, but anyway, there are countless options for finding a dog, that one is the least likely.

This is not the type of dog i would pick, this is the types of dogs i have picked and now all living with me, would you like to see the pics? or perhaps my Vet bills.

I have also picked up some cats along the way and it so happens they were also full of ticks and fleas with hair missing, and broken tails like to see their pics now? tails are still broken though

Did you actually think that all the rescue dogs came healthy with a bow tie wrapped around their necks and a box of chocolates?whistling.gif